MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

Been wearing my current season MF cargo jeans the last few days..... Had spoken to Christophe at some point a few months back about stitching the lower corners of the cargo pockets down, so they don't stand so far away from the legs..... Finally got around to doing it. Just used some indigo thread and stitched them down by hand. Used the underside of the pocket so you can't see the stitches unless you lift the pocket up slightly. Like them a lot better this way.... slims down the silouette by keeping the pockets close to my legs.... Pics once I wake up all the way....

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help tmadd and TT. The M denim utility shirt (slimmer one wash version of the CPO) fits me perfectly. The shoulder and chest measurements of the M sweater look too small, but those are harder to measure in a sweater, especially if it stretches.

Been wearing my current season MF cargo jeans the last few days..... Had spoken to Christophe at some point a few months back about stitching the lower corners of the cargo pockets down, so they don't stand so far away from the legs..... Finally got around to doing it. Just used some indigo thread and stitched them down by hand. Used the underside of the pocket so you can't see the stitches unless you lift the pocket up slightly. Like them a lot better this way.... slims down the silouette by keeping the pockets close to my legs.... Pics once I wake up all the way....

I definitely like this modification and think it definitely cleans things up, though I think as the denim ages and softens up, it might look cool to take the stitches out. I am also pretty into what Jared at Mister Freedom did with these jeans, which is remove the cargo pockets completely, it makes for a very clean and interesting looking pair of jeans, especially due to lack of an outseam...cool stuff.

One last Q: Does MFSC ever change sizing labels (i.e., size down one) for pieces sold in Japan?

One last Q: Does MFSC ever change sizing labels (i.e., size down one) for pieces sold in Japan?

I bought a one-wash chambray while I was in Japan. I thought I was buying the raw version (I was an idiot for not knowing that the shirt was one-wash at the time I bought it), so I sized up since it made sense according to the SE measurements.

You would think that one-wash sizing = raw sizing after a soak. Turns out that this wasn't the case. The measurements on my one-wash were the same as the raw (pre-soak). I ended up having to sell the chambray :mad: So be careful with sizing when comparing one-wash to raw!

So be careful with sizing when comparing one-wash to raw!

Yeah, I've heard a few stories abut one wash vs raw sizing, but I'm wondering about sizing on the sweater and whether it differs between NA and Japan.

Here's a guy who is 6" shorter and 20 lbs lighter than me wearing the medium:

sw174d.jpg

Another guy who is 2" shorter and 10lbs lighter than me wearing a L:

suger335.jpg

A Medium would be a stretch on me and if it fit, it would probably be more like a tight thermal. Looks like a L would be the way to go for me... Too bad I can't find one!

Tmadd- did you definitely try on a L and it fit whereas an XL was too big?

Yeah, I've heard a few stories abut one wash vs raw sizing, but I'm wondering about sizing on the sweater and whether it differs between NA and Japan.

A Medium would be a stretch on me and if it fit, it would probably be more like a tight thermal. Looks like a L would be the way to go for me... Too bad I can't find one![/b]

i'm still trying to find a large also.

just throwing this out there.... but is anyone interested in the first series peacoat in a raw medium worn once (unsoaked)?

MF_P-Coat_01.jpg

DSC_1574.jpg

Tmadd- did you definitely try on a L and it fit whereas an XL was too big?

Yes, definitely. The large was snug, but not extreme in the least. XL fit ok in the torso, but the length of the body and arms was longer than I would like.

i'm still trying to find a large also.

just throwing this out there.... but is anyone interested in the first series peacoat in a raw medium worn once (unsoaked)?

MF_P-Coat_01.jpg

DSC_1574.jpg

Very possibly, though in all reality, I wouldn't be able to do it for a little while. Still, PM me and let me know what you would want for it.

Very possibly, though in all reality, I wouldn't be able to do it for a little while. Still, PM me and let me know what you would want for it.

Damn Pete, measurements and how much? I had my eyes on the one on rakuten from the f/w but imma wait and see how yours is

once i get home from work i'll get the measurements and pm both of you with the info.

i wish i could keep it.... but it's too small for me. should have gotten a large.

The missus took my camera on a trip across the pond, so cell phone shots it is. Size 38 jacket. For reference, i'm 5'11 and about 180 -- depending on how good the pie is. For me, this a a perfect fit for a jacket.

0806091827.jpg

0806091828.jpg

I feel the same way, except I am worried about mine being too wide, I bought the large. I wear a 40 in my flathead shirts, but I wanted it to be a little oversized for the fall and winter.
I generally wear a 40 in my Flat Head shirts (40 in Black Mint grid shirt is a little short in the sleeves, 42 in houndstooth because the batch ran small), My chest measures 39" and I have the CPO in large. I bought it used and haven't given it a proper soak yet, but the chest measures 44" (22" pit-to-pit). It fits me perfectly as an overshirt. I think you'll be very happy with the fit.

Re: fit

x-post from waywt:

waywt.png

check this video out...... :44 and 2:09-2:16 :)

Mister Freedom pon the video...Nice tune!

Jose is on point and can't wait for the album release party...

(collab with The Mighty D??)

Played around with the Backpack for a while.... really comfortable to wear and should age pretty quickly if you bang it around with you everyday.

Love the jeans.... Been looking for a denim trouser type pant forever now..... Looking forward to testing out the fit of these