• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. overpriced for the quality

2. pretentious hipster employees

3. store is always crowded with myspace high schoolers

4. people who shop there think it is the height of fashion

5) beer shirts

• 4 weeks later...

i honestly dont have a personal problem with UO like some of you seem to have. lol i just simply dislike some of their clothes. I prefer my jeans from other stores around Seattle (Ian, Kuhlman, Riveted, etc smaller boutiques) since UO seems to only carry major "premium denim" stuff like Paper Denim which is now outsourced to China. But i gotta admit, they do carry some nice outerwear stuff (for example, i just bought a jacket by Triple Five Soul that i thoroughly enjoy). but i really dont care afor any of their jeans, tshirts (either overpriced or have ridiculous prints on them that isnt witty or funny)

1. All the books on graf and sneaker....i hate it!!!!

2. There Sneaker Selection is Usually Nothing special but I have to hear the "omg did you see the dunks/vans/addias at urban" like they have anything to go crazy for

3. Yes Totally the hipster myspace kids that keep it always so packed

4. Urban Renewal is horrible

5. They didnt hire me..when i was in high school and needed a damn job!!!! lol

I've always thought their stuff was tacky and not even in a hip ironic sense. The non internet stores seem to be a little bit nicer, though I'd be pretty embarrased to be seen in one. They are just easy to pick on because they are the most popular. Karmaloop has some pretty crappy stuff too. The worst part about urbn's wacky hilarious vintage t-shirts is even if you find one that you really like, everyone's going to know where you got it from. Same thing with threadless - "hey look I'm wearing an internet t-shirt".

• 2 weeks later...
this is late, but i heard they stole some graphic design and used it in their shopping bags w/o the creator's permission. yea they suck. only thing i like is the catalog. yea the chicks are hot. photoshopped boobs, love em

Yea, they store the bag design from a German design magazine. Apparently they're changing it some time this year because some people called them out on it. There was an article about it in last month's Print magazine.

It's all about the sales at Urban Outfitters, I dont think I have ever bought anything there at fulll price. But I've bought Asics, Vans and ipath shoes on clearance for $10-$15 each, jackets for $15 and belts for $1

yeah i never buy full price from urban lol their sales are worth it

Nothing wrong with some of the bdg basics. I have some tees and a couple long sleeve thin sweatery things that fit nice and look pretty good. They may not last that long but they'll last long enough for $10. I thought i heard about them getting apc/nudie in the uk or something in the future. You know it's gonna happen. Nudie is getting huge and APC was featured in GQ last month. They have chucks and vans slips which everyone wears. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be unless your wardrobe consists of their maniquens. Don't mind the laides in it though, except when they take it way too far. It's mostly the ugly chicks doing that to make up for well....you know.

Nothing wrong with some of the bdg basics. I have some tees and a couple long sleeve thin sweatery things that fit nice and look pretty good. They may not last that long but they'll last long enough for $10. I thought i heard about them getting apc/nudie in the uk or something in the future. You know it's gonna happen. Nudie is getting huge and APC was featured in GQ last month. They have chucks and vans slips which everyone wears. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be unless your wardrobe consists of their maniquens. Don't mind the laides in it though, except when they take it way too far. It's mostly the ugly chicks doing that to make up for well....you know.

The Covent Garden Urban Outfitters in London had Nudie jeans last winter.

ahh I don't know if i'd agree with that statement... the oversized shades + leggings + potato sack look. it's so tired

yeah it def. doesnt scream out "individual". but I have been admitted to the leggings-addiction ward at my local hospital. fuck theyre hot.

yeah it def. doesnt scream out "individual". but I have been admitted to the leggings-addiction ward at my local hospital. fuck theyre hot.

oh I fully agree. my girlfriend wears them and I don't give her shit for it, because they are a feast for the eyes. besides, around my way only a very small percentage of girls wear them to class... maybe I need to get out more, because deep down I know how popular they are.

i don't hate. i don't like them though. but i will stop by if i'm around. and i still get their catalogue kinda for the hell of it.

1. seriously. their workers. mean faces. it seems like their backs are always turned to you for some reason. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!?!

2. & yes. the fact that everybody in the world who buys clothes shops there now and thinks it's original and hip and indie.

3. the fact that they sell lomos and turntables and graf books there pisses me off.

4. the just have ugly stuff. at ridiculous prices. and all the ladies' wear is oversized and baggy fitting yet you still have to be toothpick thin to make it look good. yes the potato sack over sized glasses leggings and flats look is overplayed now.

5. the vintage shirt thing is overplayed. time to stop.

4. the fact that I bought my Spiewak jacket at a hip downtown boutique and found hordes the same thing on a huge rack in the UO men's section.

same thing here! i bought this AWESOME jacket from Brown Sound (i believe...) at some TINY boutique on Smith St. in BKLYN. it was the last one in the store, and i paid a decent amount of money for it (cosidering the fact that it wasn't a big, heavy winter coat or tailored blazer). today, i walk into the urban outfitters on b'way and bleecker, and see about 10 of them stuffed on a rack, on sale for less than 1/2 of what i paid! grrr.