Base Control

Kasper

was wondering is anyone has seen the products in person. i quite like what i saw on the website (basic, but real classy) and the prices are really good, but was wondering about quality, detailing etc.i know that hoodies are lined, but i guess that is to be expected at that price (i really like the fluorescent zip parka). i have kind of big expectation coming from this label, but i wanted to know more about the actual products before ordering. since all products are manufactured in Japan and design is done by HF, i guess the quality should be without any comparison to anything of similar prices.

http://basestation.jp/

• 6 months later...

it's one of those things that sufu users beast over but

not really worth the $$$.

I've been to base station a few times but their stuff is somewhat disappointing.

2000db agrees...

it's one of those things that sufu users beast over but

not really worth the $$$.

I've been to base station a few times but their stuff is somewhat disappointing.

2000db agrees...

I agree. Even the blank tees amount to more than $30 considering shipping and proxy services, and its not worth it...

I agree. Even the blank tees amount to more than $30 considering shipping and proxy services, and its not worth it...

I remember reading a comment HF made about it saying he and his friends were printing t-shirts, rather than import blanks he may as well make them himself. I think the idea was to just vertically intergrate their manufacturing process, and sell stuff on the side.

If you lived in Japan it may be worth grabbing some, otherwise it's probably expensive for what you get.

Buy em when they are on sale at zozo.jp.

I saw the soph x BC jacket and pants in person but I was utterly unimpressed.

The price tag was pretty ridiculous b/c it was a collabo release.

There was nothing special about them. It just said "F.C.R.B" on the chest.

I'd rather buy a nike jersey for 1/2 the price from sports authority.

Thank you

ill tell you one thing

those 4000 yen generic beanies from beams will slouch

better than BC beanies.

do they even make slouchy beanies in the first place?

Nice stuff, but comparing it to AA at wholesale cost, I'd only be going with BC if there's something pretty specific you want.

Quality seems quite a bit nicer than AA in my opinion. (I have handled in person, but not owned anything, so like, no news if they fuck up as much as AA post wash,etc).

They are some well designed basics, some cool materials, cool lining in tshirts etc, they have some decent simple patterened stuff too that is new release that's not on the website yet. (i'll def be picking up some of their tanks for summer though)

i don't know about the outer wear, but i own many BC tees, and in terms of quality, i'll say they're pretty much similar to AA. they do shrink quite a bit after a wash, perhaps a little more so than AA tees.

i got them all during the sale at zozo.jp though. they were as cheap as about 1,000yen. don't bother about the collab shit, cos it's simply not worth it.

I was at the BC store in Harajuku last week. I actually REALLY liked what they had there...clean and basic. In regards to regular tees, I would say stick to AA due to the price. I mean, I believe the quality is higher (or maybe I'm just biased because it is Japanese) but if you compare the price of AA and BC in respect to the quality of the tees, AA is the way to go.

BC had some other great stuff, like this neat quilted cardigan and windbreaker zip-ups. I picked up some stadium jacket-type garment and I love it! (10000 yen...about $85-90 USD? Something like that).

don't bother about the collab shit, cos it's simply not worth it.

Oh yeah! That! I saw the Head Porter/BC collabo at the HP store...and I totally agree. It's basically a blank BC tee with a small ass insignificant cross (that HP symbol) near the bottom of the tee. That totally warrants the high price [sarcasm].

herp, where online are those beams beanies available?

maybe yahoo auction but i was talking about the beanies sold at retail stores

I was at the BC store in Harajuku last week. I actually REALLY liked what they had there...clean and basic. In regards to regular tees, I would say stick to AA due to the price. I mean, I believe the quality is higher (or maybe I'm just biased because it is Japanese) but if you compare the price of AA and BC in respect to the quality of the tees, AA is the way to go.

BC had some other great stuff, like this neat quilted cardigan and windbreaker zip-ups. I picked up some stadium jacket-type garment and I love it! (10000 yen...about $85-90 USD? Something like that).

Instead of pwning yourself @ basestation, you should have shopped at the store that's within 24 seconds from there - UNIQLO

Another interesting fact: Uniqlo Ginza has more store exlusive items that any other uniqlo store in the world.

Instead of pwning yourself @ basestation, you should have shopped at the store that's within 24 seconds from there - UNIQLO

Truth... I haven't handled anything by Base Control, but the prices alone just for basics turn me away. I'm more than satisfied with all of my basics from Uniqlo.

Indeed I did pwn myself at BC =( But I'm not sweating it anymore.

I was actually looking for the Uniqlo store and Harajuku but was unable to find it. I dodn't know different Uniqlo store carried differerent stock (in regards to Uniqlo Ginza)! I hit the one in Shibuya...1000 yen for blank premium cotton tees and 1500 for those artist collabo tees...can't beat that! Bad thing is even XL at Uniqlo runs a tad bit small for me...oh well. Why am I talking about Uniqlo in a BC thread? AH!

• 2 weeks later...

uniqlo droors are still great. even though its taken me like 2 months to get a full week. they're ALWAYS sold out of everything XL and below in black boxer briefs. plus their super short trainer socks are a godsend.

aa charcoal tri blend tees are still my favorite up top.

paying $30 for a pair of briefs that you're just going to sweat your nuts in makes no sense to me.

BC is tight and all but yeah, not worth it if you pay full retail. I got all the BC shit I own from the Winter sale for like $10 a pocket tee. I got a BC pull over sweatshirt for like $25 on sale and I'd rather just save up and get something better.

• 3 months later...