Thoughts on these Seventies French Army Blazers

Mbrand

My father in law (who's been i the army in the late 70's early 80's) just gave me his 3 blazers.

I don't know what to think about them. The quality is great, that's for sure. Maybe if I remove the golden buttons (and the last patches) and do some alterations (especialy on the sleeves) they could be OK.

Please give me your opinion on these.

Feel free to say they're totaly ridiculous if that's what you think.

First one : thin beige fabric

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

61.jpg

71.jpg

a bit small.

I actualy kind of liked the gold buttons too but I was afraid that they might look weird in a non military context. It's good to have your reactions about it.

IMO the problem with the gold button is that it's hard to pull in a casual kind of look, like with regular jeans and a t-shirt like in the pictures you took. if they were mine, i would probably change the button on either the beige one or the dark green one (probably the dark green cause it's a bit larger). but overall, they're all really nice jackets, you're quite lucky...

IMO the problem with the gold button is that it's hard to pull in a casual kind of look, like with regular jeans and a t-shirt like in the pictures you took. if they were mine, i would probably change the button on either the beige one or the dark green one (probably the dark green cause it's a bit larger). but overall, they're all really nice jackets, you're quite lucky...

if they were mine, i'd just button them up all the way. that is, if the fit was slimming on me

KEEP THE BUTTONS. Those are dope! Probably do some small alterations on them to fit you pefect but damn those look cool. I'd probably rock em with skinny black jeans and black boots.
i say keep the gold buttons, libertines style

Exactly what I was thinking!

10.jpg

that look is casual enough and the jackets all look great.

i see how the taken in waist of the first jacket is somewhat feminine but the other two seem to fit great. i wouldnt make any alterations on either, i'd keep the gold buttons, and i would definatly wear the heck out of them. its a nice subtle change from the ever popular m65 this and last season.

considering you'd have three, i'd keep those lapel patches on the last one, as it'd make for a nice little change when switching them up.

i think you got real lucky, those are definatly something i'd add into the rotation of my wardrobe.

Thanks for your comments (all constructives). I wore the beige and dark green for a while and I got quite used to them.

Shoul I alter them ? Or should I keep them original, as they are supposed to fit ?

If you had to do some alterations, what would they be ?

I'm thinking about working on the sleeves and waist.