Wallabies

generic_guy

Wallies. Gotta love em. This last weekend I walked into a shop in Berkeley, CA looking for a pair of Chestnut suede wallies to add to the quiver since my sand joints are starting to look a little abused.

They have all of the one pictured above and yeah, I'll be sticking to the classic suede solid colors. However, the did have a Powder Blue pair and I said to the guy working there that only Ghost could pull those off and he said funny I should say that 'cause Ghost was in there recently buying Wallies. Apparently he bought a pair of Powder Blue and the perf White. The sales guy then brought out a pair of the White perf ones with a big Ghostface tag on the side.

I bought my Chestnut Wallies from the same guy Ghost bought his Wallies. Does that qualify as a "brush w/ greatness"? Probably not....

cool story, but sad he even has to buy them 'cause Clarks should be flowing Ghost his size wally's in every color they make till the day he dies

i love wally's w/a passion, but my mantra remains the same: 'MADE IN REPUBLIC OF IRELAND' or bust

laugh, cry, and ponder the irony of wallabees made in china while reading this ad published 'before the fall':

Clarks.bmp.jpg

the brown leather ones are fresssshhh!

the white perf ones are great, but i wouldn't personally wear them.

those camo ones are fucking hideous.

yeah, brown ones rule. i don't really like clarks making wallabies into some sort of fashion trend, they were staples in my college career.

here's a question, i have a pair of light brown seude ones that i stupidly got laundry detergent on , and i've been trying to wet and scrub out, is there a better way to get detergent off of suede?

^ I know this is obvious but did you try a suede stone and a stiff brush? Detergent can be a bizitch to get out. How ironic is that?

I was never blessed with a pair of Wallies made by Padmore and Barnes so I guess I can't miss what I've never had. I wish I had. The ones made in China seem ok though. They don't feel cheap like a pair of Nikes. That's not really a fair comparison but you know what I mean.

cool story, but sad he even has to buy them 'cause Clarks should be flowing Ghost his size wally's in every color they make till the day he dies

i love wally's w/a passion, but my mantra remains the same: 'MADE IN REPUBLIC OF IRELAND' or bust

laugh, cry, and ponder the irony of wallabees made in china while reading this ad published 'before the fall':

truth.

the direction the company has taken is pretty awful, not just in their production methods and materials quality, but also how they conceptualize their product. case in point: take your wallys or natureveldts or airmovers or any of the classic models to your local cobbler and ask about resoling. the answer you'll get is almost certain to be, "sorry, we'd like to resole them for you, but clarks no longer makes resoling materials available." (the one exception seems to be Resole America, a mail order shoe repair shop out of virginia).

why fix what you can throw away and buy again? disposable shoes for a disposable world, i guess...

^^^i bought those pairs direct from Padmore & Barnes a few years ago, they're Wallabee Weavers. Clarks / P&B stopped making those several years ago, and when they did they did they didn't make that many (compared to the regular Wallabees). I would say you only have two options for finding these: 1. ebay, where a pair might pop up once or twice a year, and 2. yahoo japan auctions, where you can find pairs pretty regularly...it just depends on if you can find your size for the right price and how good your search skills are. I was outbid on the most amazing pair of deadstock charcoal grey suede weavers on there about a month ago, rough

I've got a pair of those Weavers in dark brown pebble ... got them about 7 years ago from a friend who found them in the back of the warehouse at Sears in Toronto. Got them for just over $12 ...he charged me for a cheaper shoe and I took these home...karma says I owe Sears alot of $$$...but fuck karma

i got the exactly same two pairs of weavers as rhytmn direct from padmore & barnes in kilkenny too (thanks andrew!) but they don't have any pairs at all left. I think they gave away the rest of their stock to charity. And as long as I have been searching for padmore & barnes stuff I have never ever come across a pair of weavers on ebay.com though rhytmns searching skills are probably better than mine :)

Has anyone noticed that the crepe sole on the made in China joints seem to be squishier than the P&B's?

i don't doubt that the crepe on the China-made Wallys is of lower quality than what they were using at P&B, but like any rubber, the crepe will degrade over time and become harder. the P&Bs are all vintage or older deadstock, so this may have something to do with the difference in hardness.

all my crepe soles are chinese, and they all wear diagonally because i "overpronate."

this drastically decreases the life of the shoes! it sucks. it's like i'm walking on a pyramid at all times.

I had the same problem with alot of my squishy Wally's...I tried Shoe Goo-ing the offending side of the sole and it fixed the problem and is barely noticeable...i just smeared it on in thin layers with the help of a popsicle stick, letting the Goo dry for a couple hours before smearing another layer on..plus it wears down like crepe...

But I havent had the diagonal sole problem since i got some custom orthotics made by a Podiatrist..maybe you should look into that if you've got coverage ;)