Nudie pricing help

goldengloves

Okay, so I went to Barney's Co Op today to get the Nudie RRDS and tried them on and they fit perfect, then I thought, "hmmm, maybe I'll check the price tag before I go and buy these..." $280! Is there something wrong with this picture? I thought Nudie selvedge was more along the $180-200 range? So I put them back on the table and walked out.

I figured why would I spend that much on Nudie when I can get some PBJs, SDAs, or even John Bulls for less.

So my main question, or questions; What is the regular price for this denim? And anyone in SoCal know where the best place to buy Nudie is?

Cheers.

Not trying to defend Barney's, but the RRDS U.S price will go up from $265 to $275.

Now that change won't happen for my store till spring, so who knows?

I woudn't be suprised if Barney's was marking them up over regular retail.

Why are they so cheap on Kitchener and so expensive in the states? I could understand maybe $20-30 difference, but $100?

Dude - they import the Jeans - tax adds up - kitchener is switzerland - they have less tax on clothing - but when you order them online , shipping will be about 30$, customs - maybe the slip through - you'll never know...

So I would assume you also pay 220$ in the end...

And the rest - I guess you can call that store profit..

Cool, thanks guys. It just seems rather odd to me as other Japanese denim is imported to other stores (Blue in Green) and thier prices are rather reasonable in comparison. But I do understand the whole importing business...

Again, thanks for the help. Looks like i'll be ordering from Kitchener. :)

What size are you lookin for? fos5.com is having a RRDS sale for $199 (I know it's still more than kitchener.ch) but you'll get it in 2 days.

Thanks for that, totally forgot about that website!

As far as size, it is somewhat of a debate for me. I tried on a 32/34 and I could barely button up all the buttons. But I tried on a 33/34 and they fit perfect, a little on the tight side, but I could actually wear them and button them with ease. It almost seems as though I am in between sizes or something. I know sometimes they are not always spot on, but I do like the way the 33 I tried on fit compared to the 32. Suggestions?

i had a friend bring mine from the netherlands. they were like $120 there. better make friends in europe.

Normal retail price is about EUR 130-150,- for RRDS here. Your friend was probably very lucky (sale?).

It think retail prices are pretty much the same throughout Europe.