banana republic selvage

majikero

(i've searched and found no thread that contains what i'm gonna ask)

I'm contemplating on buying some one-wash pair of them coz they're the only cheap(16USD) ones i can find here. but from reading the reviews, im in a dillema if i'll buy them ofrnot.

i've read from a couple of threads that some of you own a banana republic selvage denim jeans.. i just want to ask how does BR selvage jeans fade? any pics of a worn out pair? would really appreciate it if some SF'ers will post some pics.

well if they're a one wash pair of jeans it's going to take longer to get them to fade, so that's one thing. but $16 for selvage is pretty good, and it's not like BR is a shitty clothing company. I wouldn't say get them for the wear-in value, but get them because they'll be a fine pair of jeans.

I guess the only advice I can give you is to the quality of Banana republic clothng. I have had many shirts and pants from them and they always fit very nice, drape well, hold their shape well and have very good durability. I would say that you will never have quality issues with Banana Republic in my opinion.

am i reading this right?

banana republic is selling jeans that they're claiming are selvedge for 16 dollars?

i have not seen the jeans so i cannot really comment on the quality and such. thing is, you gonna wear these jeans for a couple months in order to get a nice fade, etc. while the jeans may be cheap, 8 months of your life is not and you will most likely regret spending all that time on a pair of jeans that might not be worth it, might not hold etc. try to save for a while for a better pair, it'll be worth it.

i have not seen the jeans so i cannot really comment on the quality and such. thing is, you gonna wear these jeans for a couple months in order to get a nice fade, etc. while the jeans may be cheap, 8 months of your life is not and you will most likely regret spending all that time on a pair of jeans that might not be worth it, might not hold etc. try to save for a while for a better pair, it'll be worth it.

LOL. man, after reading your reply ive decided on getting the jeans... thanks for your input sir. im not gonna "waste 8 months of my LIFE" wearing jeans and living life. made me think "so what if they dont have a nice fade." they're just jeans...

thanks for the replies sirs...