Fantastic LVC shirt... Price doesn't make sense?

sneakeraddict

Basically as title says...

great shirt, would buy it if the price was a little more realistic.

Is LVC is getting too above its station in terms of pricing.... 250$ for this shirt? !!!

Will wait until its dramatically reduced or cultizm gets it for like $70 or something, lol.

pLEVI1-2916138dt.jpg

Our Bunkhouse Shirt recreates an early-1900s original that now resides in our archive. Handcrafted and authentic in every detail, from the pullover styling in gray cotton chambray to the mix of fasteners: mother-of-pearl, river shell and wood buttons. Branded with a signature early 20th-century LS&Co. label. Country Of Origin: United States.

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2347688&cp=2068573.2068693&parentPage=family

limiting something does not justify a price.

Levis will lose its roots if it continues to play silly buggas with price.

Jeans / workwear were never ever meant to be "exclusive" in that annoying modern 'hype' BAPE sense of the word, so for Levis to start doing all that gets on my nerves.

Undoubtedly there will be at least someone here who works at Levis / LVC H.Q. so I want to express my thoughts!!!

And in anycase, a chambray shirt, with no distressing etc (i.e. things that add extra costs) there is certainly no excuse for that price, like there is with a Nevada repro etc.

Will wait for the sale, when its 60% off like all the other LVC ends up on the American site... Lol

If they can get they can get it. After Harley was bought back they went years with limited production which drove up demand. There were at least a one year waiting list. This drove up prices and help save a great America icon.

LVCs have alway been produced in limited quanities. I personally have a strog dislike for the pre-aged stuff. Raw is so much harder to find. Plus they produce different things for different markets. I wish they would offer everything they produce raw and aged. I will be interested in seeing if the quality of their now foriegn made LVCs stack up to the US made stuff. All I have are US made LVCs.

I think they're watching what the world is paying for other companies denim and products and figure if they can do it why can't we. I'm not happy about but it looks like for now if you wanna play you gotta pay.

because people like all the esoteric nature of these tiny -hard-to-find Japanese labels and are willing to pay a price for the romance of the whole thing of buying Japanese jeans... (although I have a strong feeling people on SF will soon be saying 'samurai is played out' now that you can get them in the US and England, soon).

Whatever Levis tries to be, it will always, always feel mass market, generic (not that I care, as long as the quality is there)

As for current LVCs - my 47s from this season say made in the good 'ol US of A.

I disagree with people who justify price on 'exclusivity'. Price should only reflect quality and craftsmanship IMO, unless its something that people are blatantly paying for the brand name only.

When Levis charges £125 for a chambray shirt, I am little shocked....... Mind you, as a company they tend to make a lot of bizarre decisions, so its definitely not the first, and won't be the last.

We'll have to see what the market bares...LVCs have always been very limited in production so thats not mass produced. I'm not saying its right I'm just saying if the market will bare it well.....

Its funny the way some of the limited hard to find stuff shows up on e-bay and goes for some pretty big bucks. I saw some raw new with tags 37 201s from like 1997 go for over $400. I didn't pay that several years ago for two pair raw new with tags. I recently sold a well worn pair and got $230 for them. Maybe you should roll the dice and buy several of these and put them away. Wait a few years andf then put'm on e-bay. Probably be able to buy a pair of those Japanese denim jeans that are so exclusive.

Guest jeffvyain

i like the shirt, but it ain't worth half of what they're asking.

i highly doubt anyone will be saying samurai are anything but amazing any number of years from now. as far as japanese go, i have a pair of denimes and a pair of sams, and the denimes, which are supposedly very high quality denim, don't stand a chance against my samurais. Aside from PBJ and oni, i haven't seen anything that's even in the same league.

it is a little pricey, but it seems as if this a "vault" piece...my guess is very limited edition like the numbered jeans they do with every collection (although the shirt is NOT numbered)...it is made in the USA and the materials are very nice...the chambray has selvedge at some of the seams and the buttons are made of shell and bone.

if I had tons of disposable cash I'd shell out for one

Nice shirt, as most agree. But I think price is out of line for us in NA at least. From my reading and understanding, Levis is more of a fashion, higher end brand in many places, and thus may be trying to compete in that market in those geographics. The same shirt by Dior Homme would be more money, but would we compain? The only problem is that in our heads, we think of Levis as a common, "cheap" brand outside of LVC jeans. (Although changing, maybe).

hey serge...long time, no see...i had that chambray shirt as well, but i think this newer one is much nicer...if i remember correctly, on the old one, they converted it to a full button front and i think that messed up the fit (at least for me)...i ended up getting rid of that one, but i'm giving this newer one some serious consideration

btw...you definitely need to tuck these shirts in

Those shirts fit totally weird. I have a 1900ish Sunset brand repro chambray shit from LVC 2003 or so and it is awesome, but really long.

And in anycase, a chambray shirt, with no distressing etc (i.e. things that add extra costs) there is certainly no excuse for that price, like there is with a Nevada repro etc.

Will wait for the sale, when its 60% off like all the other LVC ends up on the American site... Lol

The shirt is very nice in person, the finishing is very detailed and there is extensive distressing which I am almost sure must have been done by hand.

I was tempted to buy it but it is more than I am willing to pay, as well.

The vault pieces do not seem to go down much on sale, but I will keep an eye on this one just in case; it really is nice.

The shirt is very nice in person, the finishing is very detailed and there is extensive distressing which I am almost sure must have been done by hand.

I was tempted to buy it but it is more than I am willing to pay, as well.

The vault pieces do not seem to go down much on sale, but I will keep an eye on this one just in case; it really is nice.

could be an investment.... didnt a pair of lvc nevada jeans just sell for almost 2000 on ebay a week ago?>

The Sunset shirt was amazing. I bought it on sale, for a pittance, but if I saw another desgin as good, I would consider paying that much. These shirts are made in such tiny quantites that the price doesn't look at all outrageous. When it comes down to it, most jeans, even Nudies, use pretty much standardised denim that is spec'd to their requirements, and a cut that's based on a simple template. LVC go to a lot of trouble for one-off items like this, and you won't see its like again.

i cant see it up close, but it looks like theres a lot of hand treatments on that shirt and that will easily drive up the price.

the older and cooler something looks... the more the price goes up...

until they invent robots to do processing on clothing, then i dont know..