First pair of Samurai jeans (S5000BK)

Sati

I've got lucky and ordered the last S5000BK in my size from japan! But I am now unsure of what I need to do. How long should I have them in water? Cold or Warm? And also, the waist feels a little tight so is wearing them 20minutes when they are wet a good idea?

Sorry for my bad english but is there anything more you need to know so just post, I will try to explain further.

Btw! The reason I'm so unsure about this because it's my first pair of samurai jeans and they cost me alot of money (I'm on a diet of fastnoodles for 6months :D).

Kind regards //William

Okay - you really seem worried...

Step 1

Soak them - if they fit you loose right now - in warm water - maybe 2 - 4 hours

Inside out !

Hang outside to dry

Wear them

They aren't loose, they are tight, too tight..

I can still button them but it is a close call, should i stretch them out while they are wet for 20minutes? Just wear them . and then put them back in the water.. would that help? Or what do you think.

Yeah...do a luke warm soak - 1 hour...hang outside - stretch waist while still wet (frequently...!!!) till they are dry...

And now be good and do as you're told to do....

Thanks for the help beatle.

Is there a thread that explains the difference between warm and cold soaks? What is best for them to not shrink, to shrink and so on.. a FAQ you know?

And btw, im so worried because i heard what happened to Ott with his jeans...

Supercrap, dont think so, or what do you mean :)

k, this is what i do if the waist is already tight but you need to soak them so they are the right length, creases hit in the right spot etc. soak in the tub in luke warm water while wearing them, this way no area will shrink too much and it ends up being a perfect fit, hence the name shrink to fit.

did this with my new SC okinawas which were a little too baggy at first but after sittin in as hot water as i could possibly stand they are now a nice fit, plus i took a walk for an hour while they were wet to help set the creases and they already look amazing

Cold water is fine - inside out in a tub - dont crinkle the jeans - like as if you were soaking in a bucket or something .. lay them flat ..

Then hang them up to drip dry the excess water ..

When they stop dripping put them on and wear til dry ..

if you want to set your creases - sit with your legs in that position - folded / indian style / knees to chest style ..

Wear til dry - don't put them in water ever again til your first wash - then youll have to wear them again until dry same manner as above to stretch them to fit your body again ..

Who should i trust? :confused:

You don't have trust any one. You do need to wear the things, and eventually wash them, unless you want to attract flies.

This is what I did.

1. Open the box

2. Put on Raspberry Beret really loud

3. Run around the house in my underwear with my wife's panties on my head whilst playing air guitar

4. Put down the air guitar and pick up the jeans and play jeans guitar

5. Repeat

6. Using the hottest water I could get out of my tap I soaked the jeans until the water was cold

7. Hang until dry

8. Repeat 1-6

9. Hang until dripping stops and wear until dry

10. Found something important to worry about.

the worst problem is that I am getting so many different opinions on what I have to do..

Some say hot water, other say cold, some say 1 hours, others say 2. Some say that I have to wear them, others say don't.

Who should i trust? :confused:

Warm/Hot water will cause more shrinking than cold. The reason timmy32 suggested warm is because you are going to want to get all the shrinking done in the length and in the legs, regardless of how the waist is. If you soak them with them on, the waist can only shrink to your waist size and no further.

You don't have trust any one. You do need to wear the things, and eventually wash them, unless you want to attract flies.

This is what I did.

1. Open the box

2. Put on Raspberry Beret really loud

3. Run around the house in my underwear with my wife's panties on my head whilst playing air guitar

4. Put down the air guitar and pick up the jeans and play jeans guitar

5. Repeat

6. Using the hottest water I could get out of my tap I soaked the jeans until the water was cold

7. Hang until dry

8. Repeat 1-6

9. Hang until dripping stops and wear until dry

10. Found something important to worry about.

I dont know how your economy is but I can't just throw 2300skr away like that, im a student so, really. the money is short and the last thing i want to do is to ruin my jeans.

Warm/Hot water will cause more shrinking than cold. The reason timmy32 suggested warm is because you are going to want to get all the shrinking done in the length and in the legs, regardless of how the waist is. If you soak them with them on, the waist can only shrink to your waist size and no further.

Yeah, geting a hang on this...

Im going to lay them in the tub for 1hour with hot water, then put the jeans on after the dripping stops and sit around..

or i will just sit in the tub with them on for one hour with hot water , but with a chance that my legs are going to look african for a week or two..

Wish me luck :)

I dont know how your economy is but I can't just throw 2300skr away like that, im a student so, really. the money is short and the last thing i want to do is to ruin my jeans.

what he told you to do is not going to ruin anything. it's going to get most if not all of the length shrinkage out of the way.

[aside: i would've started out with some cheapo 501 STFs as your first dry denim, not a $300+ limited edition samurai...]

Guest jeffvyain

bah! go hard or go home, i say! good choice with the jeans. soak them hot. long as you can get them on, you will have no other worries for quite some time. before you ask...don't bother with starch. the 5000s are stiff enough, and they'll wear prettier (though maybe a bit slower) without it anyway

what he told you to do is not going to ruin anything. it's going to get most if not all of the length shrinkage out of the way.

[aside: i would've started out with some cheapo 501 STFs as your first dry denim, not a $300+ limited edition samurai...]

I know, but my friend got the wrong size on his and sold it to me cheaply. So why not ? :)

bah! go hard or go home, i say! good choice with the jeans. soak them hot. long as you can get them on, you will have no other worries for quite some time. before you ask...don't bother with starch. the 5000s are stiff enough, and they'll wear prettier (though maybe a bit slower) without it anyway

Understood that :) But the jeans were tight as hell without soaking so, im going to sit in them all time or atleast wear them on and strech the waist from time to time to get no more waistshrinkage.

1) Putting them on in the tub with hot water in, to minimalize waistshrinkage. Giving the perfect fit! Let them drop dry after one hour in the hot water and then wear them and stretch them out a bit more.

2) Put them in hot (1hour) cold (2hour) wear them after they drop dry.

I think this will go smooth. I will buy some crapjeans to experiment on later :)

Thanks for all the help, even though I am a totall newbie on this subject. My first dry denim.

"Just wear the damn things. After all, they're jeans not your first born! "

Hahaha :)

Anyway.. Will this do good? :)