501 STF good quality raw denim?

khaltire

Currently this is my only pair of raw denim (start out small)... Anyways, I was wondering should this denim give me a general idea of what raw denims are like? Or have I not lived until Ive tried japanese raw? Or nudies or something else that is thats more expensive? I figure for the price they are cheap quality denim, but what sort of other things would I see in other raw denims of higher price and quality? Different color indigos?

Personally I dont like the color so much of the STFs, in dark lighting they look nice, but in daylight Im not fond of the color...

I'm pretty sure you will regret that you spent 6 months in a pair of stf's if you do get into raw denim. They turn a really bland shade of blue after the first wash. They usually start to look good in a year or two when they are really light except for the bottom of the legs that are still fairly dark blue.

I loved the way my 501stf's faded, but i unfortunately gave them up because they were too big for me. I wear a size 32 and these are size 36, plus i wore them in the shower too :/. so they didnt shrink the way i thought they would. I didnt get too much contrast which kinda sux. I wear them every now and then. I think they are alright for a cheap first experiment..

2cpx2rq.jpg

2znmkux.jpg

Personally, I like STF's. They're so cheap that you can feel free to try all kinds of different processes on them (soak first, no soak and dry clean only, wash alot, whatever) and learn a lot about the way denim wears (albeit low-grade). I like to keep a pair going while working on other jeans; a pair to wear that you can really get messy in without worrying and see what happens...

i mean, it's 30 bucks, how could that NOT be worth it...

I loved the way my 501stf's faded, but i unfortunately gave them up because they were too big for me. I wear a size 32 and these are size 36, plus i wore them in the shower too :/. so they didnt shrink the way i thought they would. I didnt get too much contrast which kinda sux. I wear them every now and then. I think they are alright for a cheap first experiment..

2cpx2rq.jpg

Can we see the back of your 501s?? it looks amazing...:D

Fred.