What do you think of this fit of 501 on me? Pics

khaltire

if those are shrink to fit then you need about 4 inches longer and 1 bigger in the waist. if prewashed, youll be fine.

im guessing they are STF, cause all my 501s were not at all that baggy on me.... but they were late 70s redlines too, so the cut may have been different.

Hey thanks for your input.. they arent STF, My waist is really like 28 but I usually get 30 cause its easier to find, they just sit a little lower. They are Black Soft Rigid wash 501s from 2 years ago. Probably look baggy cause Im a really skinny dude haha, thats good though. Personally I dont like the slim fitting jeans, but ones with some room in them

I think they will look fine with shoes / trainers.

To me those don't look baggy at all.

Please also consider that SuperFuture is not the 'real world' and in my opinion is really at the (extreme) end of the spectrum... i.e. because skinny jeans are 'in', you will see people wearing pics of jeans which they almost literally can't move in, and here on SF this is considered 'normal' fit.

Be true to yourself, if you like the fit, go for it.

Use SF to get info on the denim brands we all are interested in, not to get a group consensus on what you should wear.....

Woah you have exactly the same build as me. I think they look pretty good on you.

My canes have that baggy look due to my chicken legs (probably a little bit baggier). I think if you are after a tight/fitted look with 501's you need to have larger legs to get a nice fitted look.

Yeah Im not looking for a tigher fit on 501s... In all reality, I was just curious as to what superfuturians consider baggy, slim, regular fit etc... Im new the board and I was just wondering.. personally I like the jeans and how they fit. I personally think my t-shirt is the perfect size, but I didnt take it personally that someone said it was too big either... Thanks for the comments ppl

The fit looks good to me. I just absolutely hate nut huggers which most of the board wears. Especially on skinny people, including me. Skinny jeans on skinny people is horrific because it puts a lot of emphasis on scrawny chicken legs. I like the fitted look, but not tight or baggy, and I think the fit on you is good.

I think they will look fine with shoes / trainers.

To me those don't look baggy at all.

Please also consider that SuperFuture is not the 'real world' and in my opinion is really at the (extreme) end of the spectrum... i.e. because skinny jeans are 'in', you will see people wearing pics of jeans which they almost literally can't move in, and here on SF this is considered 'normal' fit.

Be true to yourself, if you like the fit, go for it.

Use SF to get info on the denim brands we all are interested in, not to get a group consensus on what you should wear.....

I absolutely agree. For the record, this is exactly how I wear my jeans and, where I'm from in London, it would probably be considered a perfect, regular fit. That fit would look great with a box-fresh pair of adidas Tennis Classics.

The way jeans fit seems to be something to do with your waist to hip ratio. When I was at college I wore a 32", as I've got older my waist has gone up to a 34" but the rest of my proportions remain the same. The same style jeans now look baggier on me even though they fit me on the waist.

Interestingly if you see period photos from the 1930's the jeans look quite fitted, but repros of jeans from the same period come up loose on a modern frame. I think this is because people's proprtions have changed over time. Modern physiques have a much bigger waist in comparison to those that grew up during the depression.