Denim Experiment

Chicken

really? don't you think there would be an unfair advantage to those who have to get them hemmed afterwards?

That's just ridiculous. What's an extra couple of days going to matter over the course of 365? And I'm saying that knowing that I probably have to get them hemmed. Let's start on the same day, finish on the same day.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just ridiculous. What's an extra couple of days going to matter over the course of 365? And I'm saying that knowing that I probably have to get them hemmed. Let's start on the same day, finish on the same day.

as ridiculous as waiting to soak your jeans? it's all a matter of days.....

photo of your soak next to a Nov 1st newspaper??!!

need one pre-soaked next to 11/1 newspaper as well... otherwise they can just soak them twice no? :)

.... Since you're so insistent on it, we might as well choose a damn time too. A Wednesday, eh?

How does 01:30PM GMT sound?

=

7:30AM LOS ANGELES

9:30AM CHICAGO x TEXAS

10:30AM FOR CHEAPMUTHA AND ALL THE NYC PEEPZ

1:30PM LONDON

2:30PM PARIS

9:30PM SHANGHAI FOR WINQ

10:30PM TOKYO

11:30PM SYDNEY

http://www.worldtimezone.com/index12.php

OR ELSE SOMEONE WOULD GET AN "UNFAIR 16 HOUR TIME DIFFERENCE AHEAD OF ME" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

/sarcasmOFF

as ridiculous as waiting to soak your jeans? it's all a matter of days.....

Maybe you should read the rest of my post. "Let's start on the same day, finish on the same day." I honestly don't see a point in making all these rules with special exceptions for people with short legs, cuz marathons ceratinly don't. Of course, nobody's going to stop you from soaking/hemming early. The point of starting on the same day was to all be doing it at the same time together, for FUN. But if you want to go trick-or-treating on the 28th, be my guest. You'll definitely beat the rush.

Maybe you should read the rest of my post. "Let's start on the same day, finish on the same day." I honestly don't see a point in making all these rules with special exceptions for people with short legs, cuz marathons ceratinly don't. Of course, nobody's going to stop you from soaking/hemming early. The point of starting on the same day was to all be doing it at the same time together, for FUN. But if you want to go trick-or-treating on the 28th, be my guest. You'll definitely beat the rush.

i think you're taking this post much too seriously. i don't care either way.

But the comment about trick or treating was pretty funny.

I have said before, that I am not in the contest, but that has not stopped me from expressing my sober, outside thought in this thread. I think that the idea is to wear your jeans for the period of time specified, and in fact, getting the jeans ready to wear, IMO, should be fair game. If I want to send them to BIG to be chainstiched, why not? To me, this would be like saying you can only have so many days to tune your car before a race...even when you have one ready to go (regular size legs), and I have to build mine from the ground.

All that said, again, who really cares either way, a matter of a day or week should not make a difference really.

totally agree . .plus out of respect for beatle who's organized everything . . if beatle says start the same day, i think we we should start the same day, with full knowledge an extra day here or there won't have any effect on the actual jeans. for those that will have to hem (probably a large majority including me, its not going to hurt anyone to cuff for a day or two and give them up for another day or two to a tailor)

Guest jeffvyain

speaking of hemming, how much does a chainstich REALLY matter? I live in nashville. shipping is a matter of a week or so lost, plus extra money. I may not get them hemmed, but I was definitely entertaining the idea, as my other samurais are already sporting turn-ups and i think the samurai website said these jeans are 2 cms longer

They got in "Osaka Int" 5 hours ago...

Osaka International Airport maybe?

The quickest flight from Osaka --> Los Angeles is 15h 25m.

The quickest flight from Osaka --> SF is 12h 58m

..... meaning that we in California could literally get our jeans tomorrow afternoon :P .

Am I the only one of us from California? ... I might be the only person from LA.

smartypance.jpg

It's up to USPS now for us. It'll probably arrive Tuesday, Wed, or Thursday for me (3 days-- that's how long something from Sacramento takes for me on ground :mad: so I assume the same for SF).

I stated that I'm from LA a couple of posts back. :(

And another thing- I'm only saying that mine won't arrive until Tuesday +++ for me because doesn't the US Postal Service take over delivery once it reaches the US? I got that impression somehow from the site ... I have no experience with EMS though. So yeah... no post on Sundays, meaning Tuesday ++ it should get here, right?

Hehe, EMS delivers Sunday's and even Holidays. They are awesome :)

That said, if those of u that get them could provide measurements, I'd appreciate it. Thinking about ordering a pair from BiG. I'd be in the competition but I was confused on which pair they were :/