Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

Natse - i think the tones on the hand fade into the background too much. it's not a bad thing if you were trying to make the bottom of it fade back, but i would maybe brighten or make the top part of the gradient more intense to make the hand pop more. other than that, looks good.

natse - i think one of the best parts of your images is how intricate you can get - i feel like this one is a little flat. it pops but there's not enough detail to hold my attention maybe - just a couple of touches here and there could be really helpful and add another layer of interest to retain the eye. maybe not cutting the hair off at such an angle to break the large forms a little too could help. also - hand strikes me as a little wonky. the consistent thickness in line and color makes it seem like all the fingers are on the same plane. texture and color is great.

Thanks for the crit, I think if I change the gradient so as to give a depth to the hand, it might help some of those things, I also think it's because the thick lines in the face are minimal so the hand is a little more jarring than it perhaps might have been normally.

solidworks is the shit. pretty damn good stuff. i was using rhinocerous before in school, then i interned and had to pick up solidworks. shit's awesome. mufid, you should go pick it up. recommended. :)

Solidworks, hands down.

My buddy is only so-so at it (even though he does it for work) and could render that in a few hours, including correct angles and the thickness of the sheetmetal, and any fasteners required.

solidworks is the shit. pretty damn good stuff. i was using rhinocerous before in school, then i interned and had to pick up solidworks. shit's awesome. mufid, you should go pick it up. recommended. :)

quote:

originally posted by the Repeater viewpost.gif Solidworks, hands down.

My buddy is only so-so at it (even though he does it for work) and could render that in a few hours, including correct angles and the thickness of the sheetmetal, and any fasteners required.

Thanks for the tip, will try to get this soon and render the chair!

There's too many ideas. The photo, text and thing at the bottom only seem loosely associated and taking any two at a time it makes sense - i.e. photo with fake old advertisement is a funny throwback shot. Background with just text is a play on advertising. But all three together just muddles the concept. The concept needs cleaned up.

(put up v2) any advice? couple days till i need to hand it in, still a little rough

You're forcing the viewer to make too many mental leaps/connections.

I think "Make your dates a little less blind" is a difficult line (particularly the word blind) – it muddies what should be an easy connection between X-Ray and Date (boobs).

The photo you've chosen (and the x-ray effect on the glasses) is perhaps a little too subtle for the message you're trying to convey.

The bottom portion could use a goofy "Monopoly game"-style illustration of a guy wearing x-ray specs looking through something... maybe partially cut off, beneath the "Amazing X-Ray Glasses" header... it would also make the empty space beneath that header a little less awkward...

i agree the statement isn't clear. does the date have vision problems? (playing dumb, but that what i get from it)

and exactly. develop the concept first, get it concrete, then work with images.

what do the images mean individually?

what do the images mean when combined?

does the type state whats already being said in the image? it shouldn't. make the user think.

"think more, design less"

just some tips... post up the next phase!

random question

i've started working a new series of paintings and i'm trying to find reference for video glitches - you know what i'm talking about. That's probably way more extreme than I need - for my paintings it'd be helpful to be able to cause them on my own since I know the result I'm looking for. If I've got video / images does anyone have any experience 'forcing' glitches? I used to have a few ways in older versions of photoshop that I knew but they're not really what I'm looking for.

I can just use reference images and manipulate them on canvas well enough since the 'effect' is primarily for transitions / edgework but being able to produce them on my own in the first place would be helpful.

hey servo i just screencap'd these the other day, dunno if they'd help. (click for bigger size)

3974907942_8c20f668a4.jpg

3975070848_1b6074311e.jpg

also check out david o'reilly's work, he's fucking nuts. or research how to datamosh, i found a zip a while back that'll get you close to what you're looking for...i'll post up if i can find it.