Waxed jeans...

Astérix

So...does anybody here own any of the DH waxed jeans? What do you guys think of them? If you have pictures that would be great...I have never seen a pair in pictures other than on Luisa Via Roma. Does anybody else besides DH do waxed jeans?

huh.

the HL ones i'm talking about were black jeans that were waxed- made them look almost like leather. nothing like those dior ones.

Yeah...it looks like someone literally took hot wax and smeared it all over the denim.

Those silver ones aren't waxed, they're just metallic. I don't really care for the combo of waxed/distressed, I miss the older season overdyeds solid black luster denims, those were the right look.

I probably couldn't pull them off either way though, and I'd worry about taking care of them. I admit I've tried them on and pondered them in-store more than once though.

i have a pair of Notify jeans that are totally resin pressed, which i'm assuming is what you're referring to.

they're a dark indigo but after the resin pressed procedure they almost look like they're made of black leather.

they're wearing in slowly but they're looking better after every wear.

kiya: these Dior Luster denim and the other jeans really are covered in melted wax.

The Dior ones out this season, (and all other seasons previous) are not uniformly covered in the wax, it's spotty and variegated, which I didn't like because of the hard distressing on the F/W06 models, it was a bit too much. They used to have a more raw-black finish luster model that I liked that looked more leather-y/wet, and the darker color lended itself to making them look even skinnier.

kiya: these Dior Luster denim and the other jeans really are covered in melted wax.

The Dior ones out this season, (and all other seasons previous) are not uniformly covered in the wax, it's spotty and variegated, which I didn't like because of the hard distressing on the F/W06 models, it was a bit too much. They used to have a more raw-black finish luster model that I liked that looked more leather-y/wet, and the darker color lended itself to making them look even skinnier.

I really like the variegated look. I wish I could find some waxed or brut denim in my size though :(