Cheap Monday

youth_culture

i'm also interested in the sizing for italian unwashed. i'm a size 28 in nudies, but i hear you usually have to size 1 up in CMs.

yeah, sounds about right for the Italian Unwash Tight. I think I'm 27 waist for Nudies and 28 in the tight Italians fit me perfectly. CM sizing is pretty erratic though it seems.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. It's a piece of cake to remove, just rip one loop and pull the thread out. First thing I did when I got a pair.

Is the only stitching on the labels visible from the outside? I'm thinking about taking the label off of my pairs and was wondering if I could do it by just cutting those outside loops and pulling the stitching out.

They turned up this morning. Have only had a chance to have a brief look but not to try on yet. Initial impression is good, they have 'tool proof' lined back pockets, the cinch looks pretty good and solid too and the stiffness of the denim seems OK also (should allow for some good wear signs). :)

Only odd thing is that I see no selvedge on the inside at all, not sure if it is hidden away in the rather thick sewn seams?? :confused:

I have turned all the other places it might be seen, but can't seem to find it at all, rather odd I think.

The leg opening is slimmer than I had thought it might be, but that doesn't really worry me too much. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting annoyed CM sizing :mad: I thought they fit pretty ok at first, not really that tight. I ordered the OD black skinnies true size and they stretched out soooo much at the waist and bum. They look so bad on me but I already wash them once since they got dirty on the first day I wore them. Sigh. Are all CM unisex? Because I swear the ones I got doesn't look very flattering right now D: Very bulky looking...

Is there anyways I can shrink them? They're just loose!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ggrhrgrhrg

I slipped and fell down a wet hill the other night and got mud all down the side of my new grey jeans. Two washes later, they've still got traces of brown.

Oh well, at least they're Cheap Mondays. And they smell like peppermint now. That's not a bad thing.

Im selling a pair right no 32x32 italian unwash. These fit really well and are very flexible. They are also light weight. The only problem for me is the high rise which pisses me off. Im selling my pair for 50$ and they were hemmed from 34. Overall definately a well-fitting jean.

To anyone who has owned a pair, what is your experience with the brand, especially their skinny fit? Just how tight is it, and how is the raw denim?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm getting annoyed CM sizing :mad: I thought they fit pretty ok at first, not really that tight. I ordered the OD black skinnies true size and they stretched out soooo much at the waist and bum. They look so bad on me but I already wash them once since they got dirty on the first day I wore them. Sigh. Are all CM unisex? Because I swear the ones I got doesn't look very flattering right now D: Very bulky looking...

Is there anyways I can shrink them? They're just loose!

Size 29 Alive and Dry's I have are over 34" in the waist, almost 35".

Hot wash brings em back to a reasonable size, hot dry makes them fit, though at the expense of leaving weird creasing.

so i posted my two weeks progress last year and i gotta say lol its been a long time since then! This is what my cheap mondays look like after 3 months& first wash, i"m pretty happy with them considering it was only 3 months.

this was after the first month& second month-ish. The lighting wasn't enough so it looks kind of dark but its really not that dark!

n6313800340419057039cc1.jpg

This is what it looked like before i washed it. the mud at the bottom was from the night before which was why i wanted to wash it. ;)

n6313800345697251544xo6.jpg

and this is what it looks like after the wash! icon7.gif

n631380034613458492qr5.jpg

again, the lighting is a bit too much so and from afar there isn't much to see so here is a close up! :)

n6313800346134622379me9.jpg

yea and thats it for now! just progress pix! :rolleyes: I'm quite satisfied since the fade showed and it didn't shrink at all so it still fits me!

Size 29 Alive and Dry's I have are over 34" in the waist, almost 35".

Hot wash brings em back to a reasonable size, hot dry makes them fit, though at the expense of leaving weird creasing.

DANG.. i bought a pair of Alive N Drys size 30...didnt know they were gonna stretch THAT much...time to find the receipt.

i was wondering which fit works better for girls. tight or narrow? i have heard narrow is smaller and i believe those are the ones rawr owns (if not id like to know what they are and what size please)

this will be my first pair of raw denim so i have no sizing comparisons, but i'm a 24 usually, should i size up or stay the same? the zip low stretch yd black arent raw right?

if anyone has any good alternatives to cheap monday with my size, i'm open.

i really want april 77s but it seems they are too large.

i was wondering which fit works better for girls. tight or narrow? i have heard narrow is smaller and i believe those are the ones rawr owns (if not id like to know what they are and what size please)

this will be my first pair of raw denim so i have no sizing comparisons, but i'm a 24 usually, should i size up or stay the same? the zip low stretch yd black arent raw right?

depends on the fit you want. i think narrows look good on girls:). do NOT size up. those things stretch :(

Yea i'm usually a size 24 too but i sized up to a 25 narrow. It didnt stretch that much and even after the wash it still fit pretty well. I think if you were to get a size 24 it would be too tight cause when i first got mine it fit me perfectly but still kind of on the tight side so definitely size up! I'm not sure what tight would look like but for sure narrows are really nice! :)

Yea i'm usually a size 24 too but i sized up to a 25 narrow. It didnt stretch that much and even after the wash it still fit pretty well. I think if you were to get a size 24 it would be too tight cause when i first got mine it fit me perfectly but still kind of on the tight side so definitely size up! I'm not sure what tight would look like but for sure narrows are really nice! :)

Thank you for the advice! I ordered the same exact thing I believe, we'll see how it comes out. I could've bought them for $40 on Tobi but I've heard bad things so I went with Matthewizzo.

for who this applies to..

i am a 30x30 in levi 514 and 511s. in cheap monday if i want them to be snug then i go for a 28. right now i have a tight black and blue unwashed right now and yes, they are raw.

as for washing, i just did a warm soak cause i wear my jeans on a daily basis. indigo will come out in the water a little bit. i used a little bit of powdered soap, make sure its fabric safe.

im pretty sure you can wash these in a washer inside out without too much damage. also, after my soak i put the jeans on to keep them from shrinking too much. overall, my cheap monday experince is good so far.

also, i think if you are sizing up two sizes and it too tight, then you just need to get a different fit. cheap mondays are a basic skinny jean after all. APC makes a good inbetween if you want a fitted look but not tight