Visvim sizing question(s)...

LanceP

I searched for an answer for this, but found nothing... how do the Buckminster Chukkas fit? I'm contemplating getting a size 10; I normally wear a 10.5 in Nikes and Vans, and 11 in Jordans. I can fit into a 10 in some Nikes and Vans slip-ons... but a 10.5 is the most comfortable. Would a 10 be too tight, or do they run small?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched for an answer for this, bumt found nothing... how do the Buckminster Chukkas fit? I'm contemplating getting a size 10; I normally wear a 10.5 in Nikes and Vans, and 11 in Jordans. I can fit into a 10 in some Nikes and Vans slip-ons... but a 10.5 is the most comfortable. Would a 10 be too tight, or do they run small?

got your PM. I dunno ,11 in Jordans and my Bucks is fine for me. Actually I only really touch nike (and 1 pair of visvims) and 11 is always perfect fit for me. Maybe the only shoe I can think of thats kinda too long for me in an 11 are jordan Is.

via mittleman's and hf blogs on honeyee, visvim has a new office/showroom in la. they have some pictures. maybe this is a sign of visvim making a more strategic move to infiltrate the american market?

Visvim only store is coming to LA also. I dunno if it s gonna be called FIL tho.

Since this is kind of a official Visvim sizing thread. I don't want to open a new one.

I am currently looking for a pair of Visvim Skynyrd Double Ring Moccasin. I thought it wont be same size as my Polke-Lo. In fact, they are not. Before i get them I want to make sure they are right size for me...

I am nike dunks and vans slip-on in 8, vans chakku in 7.5 and visvim Polke-lo in 8(7.5is perfect but they don't make it).

so here is the question:

1) What should i get for the Skynyrd Double Ring Moccasin?

2) and FBT shaker?

3) is all the FBT model are in the same sizing?

Since this is kind of a official Visvim sizing thread. I don't want to open a new one.

I am currently looking for a pair of Visvim Skynyrd Double Ring Moccasin. I thought it wont be same size as my Polke-Lo. In fact, they are not. Before i get them I want to make sure they are right size for me...

I am nike dunks and vans slip-on in 8, vans chakku in 7.5 and visvim Polke-lo in 8(7.5is perfect but they don't make it).

so here is the question:

1) What should i get for the Skynyrd Double Ring Moccasin?

2) and FBT shaker?

3) is all the FBT model are in the same sizing?

1) US9, they are narrooooow on the toebox

2) US8

3) yes, except for FBT2 mid, which runs slightly smaller in my opinion

• 2 months later...

Anyone got a pair of fang???

i'm a 10.5 except in adidas where i wear 11 and i wanted to know in what size i should get some fang? my girlfriend is going home to tokyo for a wedding tomorrow and i want her to bring me back a pair, but i don't want to buy a 11 and end up with a pair that are too big.

also, did anyone get one of the quilted polke? if so, is sizing consistent with the older model (meaning that i should be ok with a 10)?

Anyone got a pair of fang???

i'm a 10.5 except in adidas where i wear 11 and i wanted to know in what size i should get some fang? my girlfriend is going home to tokyo for a wedding tomorrow and i want her to bring me back a pair, but i don't want to buy a 11 and end up with a pair that are too big.

also, did anyone get one of the quilted polke? if so, is sizing consistent with the older model (meaning that i should be ok with a 10)?

I have a pair of the Fang Hikers. I suggest getting an 11. I'm a 10.5 in Nikes and Vans, and an 11 in Jordans. I ended up getting a 10 in the Fangs, and they fit a little snug for me so I should've gone with an 11... ah well. They're not uncomfortable enough for me to not wear them though. It's just when I walk, my toes end up hitting the front of the shoes sometimes.

I also have a pair of the Polke No.5's. This is my first pair of Polkes so I can't really compare with the older versions. The recommendation that I got from various owners in terms of sizing for the older Polkes was to get a 10. So I got a 10 for these quilted Polkes, and they ended up too small for me. My toes hit the end of the shoe when I put them on, and when I walk, my toes end up curling a little bit at the end. Again, I should've gotten an 11. I could ship them out to Hawaii though, and exchange them, but that's just a huge hassle. What I might end up doing though is going to a shoe repair shop and just having them stretch the shoes a little bit for me, since leather stretches and all. Hopefully that'll work...

hey,

lancep, if you're looking to sell them polkes, i'd be interested :D

Right now, I'm more interested in a trade for a size 11 unless the spot where I got them at still has an 11. Would you be able to get an 11 of the Polke No.5's for me?

By the way, I have the dark brown pair.

I have a pair of the Fang Hikers. I suggest getting an 11. I'm a 10.5 in Nikes and Vans, and an 11 in Jordans. I ended up getting a 10 in the Fangs, and they fit a little snug for me so I should've gone with an 11... ah well. They're not uncomfortable enough for me to not wear them though. It's just when I walk, my toes end up hitting the front of the shoes sometimes.

I also have a pair of the Polke No.5's. This is my first pair of Polkes so I can't really compare with the older versions. The recommendation that I got from various owners in terms of sizing for the older Polkes was to get a 10. So I got a 10 for these quilted Polkes, and they ended up too small for me. My toes hit the end of the shoe when I put them on, and when I walk, my toes end up curling a little bit at the end. Again, I should've gotten an 11. I could ship them out to Hawaii though, and exchange them, but that's just a huge hassle. What I might end up doing though is going to a shoe repair shop and just having them stretch the shoes a little bit for me, since leather stretches and all. Hopefully that'll work...

thanks for the info

you got your Visvim from Hawaii, i guess from Kicks-Hi???

if so, can i ask how much you paid ?i'm probably going there next week (not sure)

so i might give them a call, cause the fang are cheaper at HUF than in Japan so i might be able to save a couple bucks...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I was in trying on some G Reservations. The 10s were a little too small but the 11s were too big. I understand that they don't make a 10.5, which would be perfect. Would it be better to get the slightly smaller size and stretch it or go a bit big?

I was in trying on some G Reservations. The 10s were a little too small but the 11s were too big. I understand that they don't make a 10.5, which would be perfect. Would it be better to get the slightly smaller size and stretch it or go a bit big?

if its made from elk leather, id say get the smaller size

They are made of Elk leather - I figured that they looked very soft and would mold pretty well to my feet.

^ yeh, im usually a 9 in SB and i tried on the elk leather g-reservations in a size 8. They just fit me, but still feel quite roomy because the leather is so soft.

They feel like you're stepping on clouds!! so light.. so comfortable, and they smell great :o

I really want a pair right now...... how much were they retailing for you?