how do you make your height work for you?

jo3 b

Be careful on the posture thing tho, I have a friend who has really good posture (worked as a waiter/busboy at a nice resturaunt for like 3 years) and even though hes a dirty womanizer, everyone thinks hes gay. It doesnt bother him because he still gets some, but it bothers me who everyone assumes is his little ethnic lover.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of shirts do you guys think are better for the bigger upper-body guys? Especially when its hot out. horizontal striped polos can sure look bad in the wrong colors..and button-ups tend to look like body tarps from the side if worn too big. Id rock vertical striped button-ups but I hate feeling that 'striped shirt guy trying to pull some ass' look. fuck I cant wait for fall. give me a coat.

I'm not intimidated by taller women anymore, I used to tho. It's all about confidence and body languange, that posture is damn right, you got to have the correct one and an element of swagger. Eventho tall girls would prefer taller men, I believe short men still has has a great chance.

Honestly if you have weight in your upper body you might as well just wear fitted t's. I can really see no benefit in wearing loose clothing unless you have man tits. If you have a decent looking chest, nothing is going to be better than a nice shirt that fits. If you go too tight though it looks very bad. You really just gotta try shit on and see what you feel works best for you. Collared shirts and blazers will also flatter you much better than a t-shirt for some reason. The main thing you gotta do is get on a diet and go to the gym.

Honestly if you have weight in your upper body you might as well just wear fitted t's. I can really see no benefit in wearing loose clothing unless you have man tits. If you have a decent looking chest, nothing is going to be better than a nice shirt that fits. If you go too tight though it looks very bad. You really just gotta try shit on and see what you feel works best for you. Collared shirts and blazers will also flatter you much better than a t-shirt for some reason. The main thing you gotta do is get on a diet and go to the gym.

Good advice. I have been looking into getting back into the gym lately. Although working out excentuates my chest pretty bad and really fast.. I have decent eating habits and have cut down on drinking a lot in the last 6 months. I think Ill just go on a pure cardio routine and continue my current eating habits and see what happens.. At least Ill feel good whilst everyone else is depressed in Seattle during fall!

As a short asian male, I see many of my brethen always buying clothing too big and ill-fitted, at least state-side. Perhaps its the hip-hop look they going for but if you are short, you want fitted and reasonably slim clothing to make you look taller and leaner. Baggy jeans and t-shirts that go below your waist make you look shorter and sloppy. Also, slimmer/pointer shoes enhance/elongate your profile and try buying boots or shoes with taller heels, this will also add to the effect. If you're fat, work out, get slim, and have GOOD POSTURE. I think this is the one pet-peeve I have, at least unconciously when I see someone with bad posture, I immediately think they are sloppy. How you stand is very important; women immediately pick up on posture...

exactly. except a lot of brands stateside tend to be made for the taller, caucasian males and not for the shorter asians. whenever i go back to taiwan i always end up getting stuff 1-2 sizes larger.

• 1 year later...

okay someone help me here

i have broad shoulders

size 38 chest

size 32 waist

athletic big ass

im 5"8

150 lbs

my jeans fit me great, so im okay there

when it comes to tops I feel as if NOTHING fits me at all

the thing is i have a big ass, but its not a fat ass, its just a muscular one, and when my shirt gets to my ass level it just bunches up there...

if my shirt goes over my ass then it can't be too slim, because then my back side looks really baggy

i am not sure if anyone knows what i mean here, maybe i can provide pictures later on...

but so yeah

what should i do top wise, cause after reading this forum the past 6 months, i still have hardly found any tops at all that fit me, (maybe AA, that is it)...

In a brand like uniqlo, if i get the medium, its too long, too wide in the waist area, if i get the small, its good in the waist, but then too tight in the chest area and looks like is bunching up due to that...

i feel like im going to have to get everything i own tailored to fit right, but is there anything i can buy from a store, i'll buy whatever brand if its not hundreds and hundreds of dollars for everything...

i've tried japanese brands, but i need to get a large in them, which makes them too long

so help please and rep will be returned!

okay someone help me here

i have broad shoulders

size 38 chest

size 32 waist

athletic big ass

im 5"8

150 lbs

my jeans fit me great, so im okay there

when it comes to tops I feel as if NOTHING fits me at all

the thing is i have a big ass, but its not a fat ass, its just a muscular one, and when my shirt gets to my ass level it just bunches up there...

edit... avoid longer fitted coats. if its slim around your back, it'll just look weird around your bum. too tight in that region, ya know?

if my shirt goes over my ass then it can't be too slim, because then my back side looks really baggy

i am not sure if anyone knows what i mean here, maybe i can provide pictures later on...

but so yeah

what should i do top wise, cause after reading this forum the past 6 months, i still have hardly found any tops at all that fit me, (maybe AA, that is it)...

In a brand like uniqlo, if i get the medium, its too long, too wide in the waist area, if i get the small, its good in the waist, but then too tight in the chest area and looks like is bunching up due to that...

i feel like im going to have to get everything i own tailored to fit right, but is there anything i can buy from a store, i'll buy whatever brand if its not hundreds and hundreds of dollars for everything...

i've tried japanese brands, but i need to get a large in them, which makes them too long

so help please and rep will be returned!

dude, i've got the giant muscular ass problem too. i'm a little overweight, so that's probably adding to it. there's nothing you can really do about it. just embrace the ghetto bootay. embrace it.

exactly. except a lot of brands stateside tend to be made for the taller, caucasian males and not for the shorter asians. whenever i go back to taiwan i always end up getting stuff 1-2 sizes larger.

Too true. I'm like...5'5 or so, give or take, and barely anything here fits me. I generally can't go into a store and buy a shirt or anything really, because it ends up being too big for me (and I like things a bit on the tight side). The only shirts that really fit me are AA S/XS, most Diesel S shirts, and I have one Trovata shirt that fits me well, but others from Trovata some reason don't. Other shirts generally are too boxy and flare out on the sleeves. Usually I just wait till I got to Hong Kong and do a fair amount of shopping there. Though I find hoodies usually run around the right size for me, and then coats are almost always too big.

i'm 6'7", and i have a really odd body type. short torso, long long long legs. high waist too, so i have a bit of an oblong shape in certain clothes. a lot of stuff doesn't fit me right, so i either have to find more fitted things that dont make me look to gawky, or find long things that sorta give me a straight shape. i'd like to wear more fitted things, but its hard to find proper sizes for someone my height. lot of custom tailored suits and what not..

My upper body , im cool with..

my lower body..just fucking sucks..

im 6 ft 1, and medium build @ around 180 pounds. I admit my stomach is getting "above average". But the thing that pisses me off is my hips. my hips ar 35 inches across.. so.. that means i can get size 34 jeans since they will fit like spandex arond my hips.. so i have to resort to size 36, which sucks, since is a inch too big most of the time, and wearing a belt makes the jean "fold" a bit.. but i guess wiht a shirt people wont notice.....

Also, with some t-shirts, my arms are too big to fit in those damn little holes..expecially t's from japan or hong kong. It makes it look like im wearing a muscle shirt,, which i do not want to do.

thanks for the tip, i'll search around to see if i can get me a pair to try. And i'm guessing they run big then eh? Thats also the thing i do, i find brands which run size 34 bigger... my edwins from japan are size 34, but are actually size 35.. perfect fit for me... same with uniqlo , since they make size 35~

get a pair of apc new standards in 34, you'd be very happy. very happy.

thanks for the tip, i'll search around to see if i can get me a pair to try. And i'm guessing they run big then eh? Thats also the thing i do, i find brands which run size 34 bigger... my edwins from japan are size 34, but are actually size 35.. perfect fit for me... same with uniqlo , since they make size 35~

their "vanity sized" go check the APC thread, and you'll understand. normally you size down between 2-3 sizes of your actual size. i got my new cures in 34, and i normally buy 34, 35, or 36 depending on the denim/maker. APC denim stretches a lot, which accomodates all body types.

I'm 5'5". It sucks.

I'm only 17 though, so I'm hoping I can squeeze a couple more inches out. I find that wearing slim clothes obviously works, as well as lean shoes like Chucks or Purcells. If my pants even have a little bagginess to them it makes me look so much shorter. A hat can sometimes help, as well as simple things like a long necklace, or a half-zipped sweatshirt.

I'm 5'5". It sucks.

I'm only 17 though, so I'm hoping I can squeeze a couple more inches out. I find that wearing slim clothes obviously works, as well as lean shoes like Chucks or Purcells. If my pants even have a little bagginess to them it makes me look so much shorter. A hat can sometimes help, as well as simple things like a long necklace, or a half-zipped sweatshirt.

dont worry man, you probbly just a late grower. my friend was 5 ft 4 ish in grade 10, and now in first year college hes like 6 feet..

@ least you can fit into those pencil fit jeans... how i wish i can pull those off.