how do you make your height work for you?

jo3 b

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 6'1" but have narrow shoulders and chest. As a result I can't buy suits of the rack without getting them altered. Lots of reduction along the body and sleeve legthening and at the small size size I buy the trouser waist is too skinny so I can only get suits where the store sell the top and bottom seperately or are willing to let me buy different sized trousers.

I also have to settle to either buying medium tees so they have the right length but loose across the body or small that I think are a little short, but seem to be sufu approved. For a button down to fit right across the chest I need to buy it so small that I can't do up the top button (this is for european cuts too).

My favourite tops have always been fitted plain long sleeved shirts or knits and the asian brands are more my fit than anything I can get localy, that's why I love the proxy services I found on this board even with the price premium.

A lot of people mentioned posture and I agree 100%. Mine is horrible and I don't like watching any video of me where I'm walking. It looks awkward because of my posture and something I seriously need to change.

I've posted about this before, but it's hard for me to find shirts that aren't super baggy or super long. Sucks bc I just go for a simple casual look, but finding the right fitting polo or button up ls shirt is a drag many a time. Lacoste size 3's tend to be a bit wide, Fred Perry smalls still run big in width, and so on. Either I get bigger through working out, or end up investing in a tailor...

I dunk on niggas.

When you about to dunk it's like ah.... YUUUAAAA once it goes in. Afterwards it's like ay bay bay.

I had a question I put in the small question thread, what is the general concensus about short individuals wearing boots? I know that being short and wearing hi-top sneakers such as skytops don't look very good because it eccentuates shortness.

• 4 months later...
Guest bigsink2

Is it possible to tailor the length of dress shirts? If I wear them untucked they all are longer than the front rise. Sizing down isnt an option because they wont fit....

i'm 6'1". I go to concerts with sean and stand in front of people and it makes me laugh.

when i go to concerts, i'm usually the tallest person there, easily a head above everyone else

i'm 6'5 and do the same thing.

its quite enjoyable

I'm 5'6 and I hate you both.

jesus hates you. :(

I'm 6'4" and being tall is awesome. It's like being in an exclusive club and people who aren't tall have to deal with the shame of knowing they'll never be apart of it.

The only downside is finding shirts long enough. I've got a really long torso.