Jackets? Which designers/companies make the best jackets?

graphrhythm

what's with this sudden surge of threads with questions like "who design's the best jacket/Jeans/underwear/panties/lingerie/sneakers/t-shirt/hoodie?"

Why not someone ask who designs the best dildo or rubber pussy or something? that'd would be a better question as it's pretty straightforward. Whereas with clothes it's too vague! What's your style? what kinda look do u prefer? do u care a lot about quality, do u like radical loud designs etc......

Quote:

what do people recommend in long coats? not snowboarding, or rain wear. Something like a pea coat...

--- Original message by graphrhythm on Feb 25, 2005 04:13 PM

For long coats I think you should go with a trench. I personally like YSL but Cloak also makes a really dope trenchcoat too.

The ultra-hi-tek approach Acronym is taking is novel, but I can't really relate to the end product. Altho I haven't seen the stuff in person (and the pics on their site are almost worthless), everything just seems to have way too much of a 'techno' look to it...futuristic fonts and logos that somehow already look dated. Their snowboarding background comes thru too hard or something. And some of the stuff just looks over-the-top: pleated knees? Heard they were maybe linked in with German military technology or something? I like how a lot of it has a military bent: i just think it would come off better if stuff just was a bit more basic tho, less logos, etc... just my 2 cents...

btw Spiewak makes most of Supreme's winter jackets...lots of sick stuff from them over the years...

Recon in NY and SF both carry Acronym, I believe they are the only retailers in the US. Acronym does hold some military contracts for design. I believe he (Errolson) has also done stuff for the SAS and also US military.

I think ACR is the cream of the crop. Just picked up my 4th jacket, and I must say it's lovely, really digging the jacket-sling, quite functional, actually. My favorite is the cashmere/gore tex jacket.

Quote:

The ultra-hi-tek approach Acronym is taking is novel, but I can't really relate to the end product. Altho I haven't seen the stuff in person (and the pics on their site are almost worthless), everything just seems to have way too much of a 'techno' look to it...futuristic fonts and logos that somehow already look dated. Their snowboarding background comes thru too hard or something. And some of the stuff just looks over-the-top: pleated knees? Heard they were maybe linked in with German military technology or something? I like how a lot of it has a military bent: i just think it would come off better if stuff just was a bit more basic tho, less logos, etc... just my 2 cents...

btw Spiewak makes most of Supreme's winter jackets...lots of sick stuff from them over the years...

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Mar 3, 2005 07:10 PM

I have to agree.

While I appreciate Acronyms innovative use of materials and the whole concept behind the brand I really feel the finished product from a design standpoint just looks like a dated tech jacket with a rather bulky fit.