1933 501s 555

airfrogusmc

Hi all, another newb here, but have been lurking for a while. Been a Levis wearer for many years and a fan of the LVC range. However the sizing issues with the 47s and 55s length have rather spoiled it recently. The staff in Cinch are incredibly patient in dealing with these size problems, just imagine trying to explain all this to customers who are not familiar with the 'shrink to fit' concept either. Anyway I agree with Will, the SC 1947 is the best 'Levi' repro that I've found, just got a pair and they are perfect in fit and quality.:)

I bought a pair of 1947 501xx yesterday, but had to return them because of quality issues. First I noticed, that they were stitched badly ( loose thread at the crotch seam, crooked stitching at the coin pocket double stitch), which would not have mattered to me, as I got 5% off price for that, and crooked stitching kind of makes them unique.

But then I noticed something I have never seen happening on another pair of jeans before: The left front pocket rivet came off just as I unpacked them!!!

Anyone else had quality issues???

I returned mine and I'm hesitating about getting another pair of LVCs now.

I've never seen that but I have heard that there have been some real consistency problems with the new 47s. The early stuff is worth searching out and shows up on ebay raw from time to time

I bought a pair of 1947 501xx yesterday, but had to return them because of quality issues. First I noticed, that they were stitched badly ( loose thread at the crotch seam, crooked stitching at the coin pocket double stitch), which would not have mattered to me, as I got 5% off price for that, and crooked stitching kind of makes them unique.

But then I noticed something I have never seen happening on another pair of jeans before: The left front pocket rivet came off just as I unpacked them!!!

Anyone else had quality issues???

I returned mine and I'm hesitating about getting another pair of LVCs now.

I've never seen that but I have heard that there have been some real consistency problems with the new 47s. The early stuff is worth searching out and shows up on ebay raw from time to time

a rivet coming off is indeed strange, I've never heard of it myself before, but then it happened to me.

I go with your advice and maybe I can find an early 47, I just like the fit.

a rivet coming off is indeed strange, I've never heard of it myself before, but then it happened to me.

I go with your advice and maybe I can find an early 47, I just like the fit.

• 1 month later...