How often do you supershop?

M4TM

I think I may have OCD or something - but I find myself "shopping" at least 3 or 4 times a week. sometimes more. not necessarily buying stuff everytime, but at least window shopping and checking out whats new...

Before grabbing lunch, I'll check the sneaker shops near my office at least twice a week to see if theres any new drops. i check out BWS (busy workshop) at least once a week. i'll go check out the electronics shops to check out new gadgets - LCD TV's, mobile phones, MP3 players, etc. There's a new maison margiela that just opened up nearby - I had the check that out.

btw - I live in Hong Kong, and there are 1,306 shops in the 1 mile radius around my office.

how often do you shop?

i wish i could do that

just take a break from work/school and check out some shops

if i lived in a superfuture city, id be doing that everyday

i wish i could do that

just take a break from work/school and check out some shops

if i lived in a superfuture city, id be doing that everyday

me too. Living in the suburbs is shit.

The cooler a store is, the cooler the employees/owners are, which means you can drop by and check out new shit and chat with the dudes there several times a week even if you only buy something every six weeks.

yeah, since i moved back to michigan, i've been unable to feed my shopping needs.

it sucks.

but, i'll be out to ny on business in september and i'll try to fit in some time for myself as well.

I work in Toronto's financial district right in the heart of downtown. I'm right next to queen street and a short walk away from Nomad/Goodfoot. I walk through the Eaton Centre everyday to get to my university gym. Having all this around me, I browse through stores everyday... I'm SO glad that I'm not an impulsive shopper (I'm very careful in what I buy, and dont normally drop money on something unless I decide I REALLY want it) or else I'd go bankrupt at Nomad alone haha.

During the fall winter and spring Im in Portsmouth UK, which is basically JD sports and topshop outlets, haha. So no supershopping there, haha. Plus for the past 2 years I havent had a job there, so no cash either.

In the summer I work in the Bay Area in random Internships, this time Im on the Embarcadero. I get paid pretty well so Im going crazy now!

I only go to the shops like once every week or so, but everythings pretty spread out in Frisco. Id say Union Square once a week, Haight every 3 weeks, and then Hayes valley every 2 weeks. Soma and stuff are very rare. Ive never even been to the big Rolo on south market! Just the ones on 8th.

I find myself ebaying quite a bit now. Im just getting pissed off waiting on everything to ship!

Not much shopping to do here in Seoul. I usually buy an item or two a month, and that's about the only time I go out to look at clothes. Lately I've had more money than I'm used to coming in so I've been out buying more pieces per month, but I still don't get out to buy a lot nor do I really regret that. The whole shopping experience here in Korea is not very fun nor is it too exciting. Shop staff at places where I like to buy clothes are usually not that cool either.

I've lived on and off in Seoul for the past few years, and I usually take a lot of short trips to Tokyo and Hong Kong. Hong Kong is nice because I can find sweet deals on random stuff, Tokyo is nice because I know what style I'm looking for usually and exactly where to get it. I'm probably overdue for a Tokyo trip right now actually but I'll probably wait until I want to start buying outerwear for these cooler months up ahead.

I haven't resorted to buying clothes online or anything like that. I still prefer to walk into a store cash in hand and doing it all the old-fashioned way.

Other than that, the real kind of shopping I enjoy is grocery shopping and book/record shopping, I usually do that about once a week or more. I'll go to all the nooks and crannies of the city hunting down specific items, just amassing tons of little stuff.

Last time I purchased a pair of Jeans was 1999. And I hardly ever buy anything, the odd T-Shirt, cheap vans etc. I go window shopping all the time though, touching denim, checking out different cuts, construction of crazy big jackets, linings etc. I am a nerd for checking out branding labels and guessing what weave they are made in.

actually, thats a good point up there about online shopping. i forgot to factor that in. well, if you include shopping on ebay and online sites... damn, i'm pretty much shopping like 5 days a week! its like a full time job... no wonder my bank balance is so low.

i prefer doing 3-4 big shopping sprees a year rather than buying a few items every month. I live in a big city but designer stuff is more expensive here than in the States and there's also 14% sales tax and really crappy sales so I rarely buy anything other than H&M here.

I work in a clothing store, so i find myself subliminally shopping at least twice a week when we get shipment in. I also tend to check out Georgetown once or twice a month, and like to go out to a skateshop near me that has a great t-shirt selection as often as i can

whats BFE first off

and weirdly enough i just got home from shopping... i went yesterday... and as i opened this thread i got an email from Shopping Addicts

butt fucked egypt. Refers to living out in the middle of the country where there is essentially nothing.

dismalfuture -

A little off topic, but how cheap can you get a flight from Seoul to Tokyo for?

I think the lowest prices advertised from Seoul ICN airport to Narita are like $350, but you gotta add about $100 in landing taxes to use Narita, then obviously a little more to get from Narita into town.

I'm thinking about using Haneda next time, as I an fly from a closer, different airport within Seoul without having to go to Incheon, and then fly right into Tokyo without having to use a limo bus or long train ride. Haneda round-trip for is about $500, daily departures, it's the businessman's special.

It's like half as much if you're going the other way, from TYO to ICN and back to TYO, btw.