what to do with beat to shit jeans

poly800rock

I found myself in a pickle. I'm in the process of moving, over the years, accumulated too many jeans, worn the shit out of them, now either they don't fit or have no plans to wear them. What do you guys do with your worn jeans? I'm considering just dumping them at the goodwill, but prefer to keep it in the family...

cut them up and use them for patching materials. give them to my son or wife to wear. jorts. take a seam ripper and take them apart and make a pattern for making your own. make a quilt out of the material. make bags and sell them on supermarket. frankenjeans. the denim centipede. fuck man... thats just off the top of my head.

my favorite thing tho is to fix em up so they are wearable and presentable, and then give them to someone i know who would appriciate them and use them. after that is donation to a thrift store if they are wearable... i know how much good shit ive gotten over the years, and its cool to think someone else could find them and love them.

Keep them. Hang them somewhere either in a frame (like how Selfedge SF presents some worn jeans on their second floor) or by hooks in your closet. There's work and memories in those jeans.

^^ best ones frame and hang, they're practically art at this point. I keep most of mine in a drawer and pull them out every so often to reminisce about. When I move I will hang them behind some weathered wooden frame as art.

my favorite thing tho is to fix em up so they are wearable and presentable, and then give them to someone i know who would appriciate them and use them. after that is donation to a thrift store if they are wearable... i know how much good shit ive gotten over the years, and its cool to think someone else could find them and love them.

I think about that a lot, to give them to a thrift store, and ive done that, but would rather give them to a non-hipster area thrift store. personally wanna give it to the homeless.

Keep them. Hang them somewhere either in a frame (like how Selfedge SF presents some worn jeans on their second floor) or by hooks in your closet. There's work and memories in those jeans.

I have like 8 pairs of beat to crap jeans. i am not going to frame my jeans. I don't have enough room for my framed art, jeans are hardly "art" to me. Sadly, i have more memories with my tshirts than my jeans.

need to get back in touch with the swiss jeans guy.

prps slim fit

samurai contest

samurai black s5000

samurai black knights

naked and famous contest

ande whalls 2 pairs (pains me, but there is no way I can lose that much weight)

ugh

Edited by poly800rock

imo, take photos before sending them off.

cheap kinda covered almost every sensible possibilities.

take a pause & re-evaluate if you really want to rid of all those on the list.

when you made the "final cut" : .

1st great suggestion is to fix 'em up & gift them to [enthusiast] friends, as per cheap.

2nd alternative is to sell them @forums like here__ to peeps who appreciate your shizzle

as for the price you wanna sell them for, that's your call.

if you don't need the fund from the proceeds, donate it to charity. that way you're optimizing its purpose & satisfying 2 needs... kinda' more zen gesture, don't you think? :)

I think about that a lot, to give them to a thrift store, and ive done that, but would rather give them to a non-hipster area thrift store. personally wanna give it to the homeless.

... nothing against Reudi's gig/hobby, but imo your shit are still wearable.

the pragmatic in me tells me they will be better off being actually worn by peeps who would appreciate them__ than just be folded or slumped on a pile, or be hanging on walls.

Edited by BrownMetallic