bill

Robert Geller S/S 13 - New York

Lots of influences from Givenchy (leather leggings) & YSL / Proenza schouler / Alexander Wang / Balenciaga w/ the obsession w/ rider jackets / leather accents. Doesn't really feel like a S/S collection.... Conflicted with the entire look.

Yeah a few looks and a number of individual pieces looked really cool, but I just don't really get it. It's kind of sporty, but still trying to be romantic, and there's also just a lot of leather. The colors aren't coherent. I suppose it's the whole work-out/hang-out in cultured ways dichotomy that Geller talks about. And the leather ties the two together. Also, seriously, Belmondo and Delon are dope, but there are other dope things to look at/to.

out of this entire collection

my main interest is what stockist will buy the stiff shiny leather

Geller always includes leather in his collection (or almost) and he has been doing riders and bombers for a while. Not like he just jumped on that boat.

only actual leather jacket is look two, there are two pairs of leather shorts in the collection

Over-styling aside (as with most Geller collections), really into this. The collarless leather looks sick, and as usual the colors are perfectly muted. The long bomber in look #10 is making me wish I were taller.

out of this entire collection

my main interest is what stockist will buy the stiff shiny leather

Blackbird has the leather gauntlets if you're actually interested haha. I ordered the white collarless button up, pretty excited.