poopie boy

lets talk watches

Cross-posting (I think I should get a different strap, this one isn't my steez..thoughts?)

68m41ub.jpg

Cross-posting (I think I should get a different strap, this one isn't my steez..thoughts?)

68m41ub.jpg

Ask yourself, would you wear a combination of Custo Barcelona and DSquared culled from a Loehmann's discount bin?

That's what I think of that watch.

Ask yourself, would you wear a combination of Custo Barcelona and DSquared culled from a Loehmann's discount bin?

That's what I think of that watch.

I think the actual watch is bomb, strap def needs to go though!

There's a lot of talk about there being no difference in 7750 movements between 6k and 1.5k watches, so you're just paying for the prestige etc.

That's nonsense; particularly in the case of IWC, a lot of the base components of the 7750 are actually replaced, and the rest are refinished to IWCs standards. Have a look at this thread on TimeZone, for starters, and IWC are by no means the only people who do it.

The Frank Muller watch looks kinda weird. I didn't know they had day/.night indicator on their watches. Never been a fan, the movement cost $60, but the watch cost 100 times more, where's the point ?

Are Lucien Piccards good watches? Does anyone know about them, I got one as a gift and wanted some info on them?

I can't really add much to this thread, I'm pretty low-budget in all aspects of my wardrobe/accessories. I just can't afford to spend several hundred dollars on a single item.

So, while I'm sure it won't be considered cool or stylish by anyone here, I find Fossil sometimes makes some nice-looking watches for under $200, which suit my needs just fine.

I recently picked up this Tank Francaise for my fiancee. It's pretty understated, classic and minimal. The best part is that it doesn't cut you off at the knees like a Patek Twenty-4.

DSC00569.jpg

i want to buy my woman a watch for her BDay. I'm looking to spend $500 or less. The main criteria is that it shows all numbers (12-11, no romans).

anyone got reco's?

i want to buy my woman a watch for her BDay. I'm looking to spend $500 or less. The main criteria is that it shows all numbers (12-11, no romans).

anyone got reco's?

I'd buy her a nice automatic seiko :) !

the_state - if you go swiss then i suggest you look at Longines. Very reliable movements and they have an understated classic appeal. You can get a Dolce Vita for about 6-700, more then your budget, but it comes with a bit a cache. That's what I got for my mom.

If too much then go Seiko and Citizen as JuyLe has suggested; they make their own movements, and shit is reliable as fuck.

If you want to tone down the flamboyance, I like the Junghans by Max Bill:

maxoautonumsmcolor.jpg

Did you see the OOP chronoscope in the same dial design? It's just subtle enough.

junghanschronoscope.jpg

Edit: Also, Junghans is the name of the manufacturer.

^^ Looks like a IWC Portuguesse. I know a lot of watches have a similar layout, but it captures the simplicity of a chronograph very well.

jomashop_1970_87285998.jpg

Baume & Mercier Riviera Series.......

Any opinions on Baume & Mercier watches??? especially on this design.. i like it very much and am thinking about buying it.....

Crazy Hour

1024897185_1c79fbc6b4.jpg

wow.. my g/f has one of those watches.. jesus those things are nice

hey has anyone heard of the brand freiderick stein? i bought this watch off ebay a few days ago and im having second thoughts... dang

img4802979.jpg

img4802978.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREIDERICK-STEIN-AMUNDSEN-CHRONO-WHITE-GENTS-RRP-1375_W0QQitemZ180154516228QQihZ008QQcategoryZ111652QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.freiderick-stein.com/

I think that looks nice for the price.

what do you guys think of Stowa watches? i really like the simple/classic-looking design of the Antea model. does anyone here own one who can comment on the quality and how it feels on your wrist?

Anyone want to suggest anything different before I grab a black nighthawk off ebay?

Just make sure it's from a reputable seller, there are a lot of bootleg Nighthawks being sold from Asia. If you have any doubts check with the people over at the Poor Mans Watch Forum (www.pmwf.com) or at the Seiko/Citizen Forum (www.seikoforum.com)

About Stowa, it's a nice brand, nothing to say on quality, they're worth their price and even more. And they do nice watches !