superconfessional

i usually enjoy this sort of thing, but these pants are mysteriously now way too loose in the leg for me. am i a victim of been-wearing-slim-denim-for-too-long?

Same thing happened to me, I got rid of all my dress pants because I felt like I was wearing some baggy ass Ecko style shit.

Same thing happened to me, I got rid of all my dress pants because I felt like I was wearing some baggy ass Ecko style shit.

yooo, finally someone knows what the fuck i'm talking about!

it feels horrible, american-cut men's dress slacks are like wearing fucking

sacks of fabric on your legs, it drives me nuts.

i guess h&m and zara make some cheap, slim slacks yeah? i need to investigate.

I got my dress pants tapered by a professinal tailor, they are better, but there is a limit to the amount you can bring them in without them looking stupid.

I got my dress pants tapered by a professinal tailor, they are better, but there is a limit to the amount you can bring them in without them looking stupid.

well, what i learned after going through the process of buying a suit recently is that most american brands (i bought a Kenneth Cole Reaction 3 button) are made much boxier and "wider" than other style suits. after trying on dior and burberry, and getting bummed by the price tag, but falling in love with the fit, i figured that the only logical choice would be to tailor it. so i brought it to your standard ITALIAN tailor. they told me that they couldnt do anything with it except bring it in a tad. obviously i wanted a fitted goddamn leg, something that would silhouette my leg, not just fall all over the place. i ended up getting it tailor and readjusted to be more fitted, but i learned that FRENCH tailors, not italian, will recut your suit pants depending on the fabric available, to be slimmer and nicer. FRENCH TAILORS, NOT ITALIAN.

Guest Airjamie
FRENCH TAILORS, NOT ITALIAN.

Plus those fucking wops will just get grease allover them and youll likely end up getting your pants back with half a canoli in the pocket. Which is a plus or minus depending on how you look at it.

Guest Airjamie
I have so much work due tomorrow, I'm totally fucked. I wonder if I should just fake my death and become a mexican.

See i love posts like this. Totally lame posts that change the page, arent funny, and take away frome veryone seeing the awesome ass post i made in the last spot of the page this asshole just switched it from. Anyone else hate that shit?

Now anytime anyone says anything awesome im going to follow it with "i hate my job" just to up my post count.

i am wearing a suit and i am hating it.

This exact same feeling Overcame me last time I put on my suit to go to/photograph my friends wedding. I lost my shit on my way to work, thinking I looked like a sack of spuds come alive, and ended up having to come home and change in to something that didn't make me feel like a total cocksucker. (Slim Grey slacks, a Cloak shirt, and a Uniqlo Riders jacket).

The weird bit is...There are pictures of me from my Mom's wedding 5 years ago, and the suit photographs/fits so fucking well. I remember feeling so proud of my Knockoff-powershoulder-Italian suit then, but now...forget it it's over. You would think this might be cause I lost weight or something, but My shoulders have broadened, and I Have gained a good 10 or 12 pounds since quitting the ciggies last year.

What the fuck?!?

So In conclusion.....

I feel you.

A new suit is on the top of my "things to buy that I will never have enough at once to purchase" list.

I was about to lose my shit, and go on one of my rampages in the "Worst WAYWT" thread. But I took a breath, and came here insted to confess my sins:

Forgive me lord for I have sinned:

I am guilty of wishing death (or at least great harm) upon the following users for their "contributions" (if you choose to call them such) to the thread:

Azan- way to poorly dressed to warrant the lip he gives others. Plus he has vanity plates for fuck's sake.

Refresh- To new to slew

Tiranis- Fast winning the coveted award of "whiney bitch who complains to much and does little to entertain while he does it"

Jesus give me strength.

Thank you.

hehe

I've seen the mother and the whore a long time ago before I got interested in films, and I was genuinely fascinated, but I don't remember any details. I really need to watch it again, but I just can't find it anywhere. I only saw one Pialat, and it's Sous le soleil de Satan and I hated it, and that was last year in a film fest. Care to comment on that film? Is it representative to his oeuvre?

Off to lunch :)

edit: by any chance if you were considering joining that film forum, don't :) criterionforum.org is a much better one full of insider (DVD related) info.

AFAIK there are no DVD releases in any region of The mother and the whore, I saw it at La cinémathèque and there are some old vhs copies available, but those have no english subtitles so you're pretty much doomed. I'm sure someone will release it at some point. Oh and Sous le soleil de Satan is not representative of Pialat's work, he kinda tried to be Bresson with that one which doesn't fit that well with his usual naturalistic style. Loulou and À nos amours are available in english, so I'd go with those...I really like Police too but it might be harder to find.

Guest Airjamie
I was about to lose my shit, and go on one of my rampages in the "Worst WAYWT" thread. But I took a breath, and came here insted to confess my sins:

Forgive me lord for I have sinned:

I am guilty of wishing death (or at least great harm) upon the following users for their "contributions" (if you choose to call them such) to the thread:

Azan- way to poorly dressed to warrant the lip he gives others. Plus he has vanity plates for fuck's sake.

Refresh- To new to slew

Tiranis- Fast winning the coveted award of "whiney bitch who complains to much and does little to entertain while he does it"

Jesus give me strength.

Thank you.

I cried POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA POWA. BRING DOWN POWA LORD. SINNAMAN WHERE HIM GONNA RUN TOOO.

Guest Airjamie
AFAIK there are no DVD releases in any region of The mother and the whore, I saw it at La cinémathèque and there are some old vhs copies available, but those have no english subtitles so you're pretty much doomed. I'm sure someone will release it at some point. Oh and Sous le soleil de Satan is not representative of Pialat's work, he kinda tried to be Bresson with that one which doesn't fit that well with his usual naturalistic style. Loulou and À nos amours are available in english, so I'd go with those...I really like Police too but it might be harder to find.

Who is this guy you all are talking about? The titles of his films sound really interesting.

Airjamie, we were talking about this film and this director.

That really sucks, because last year, there were about 6 of his films showing on the annual film fest, and that film happened to be the first one I watched and it made me decide not to bother with the rest. Anyway, I haven't watched anything new for ages. Too much sufu, not enough film activity.

I was reading movie reviews, and I saw that there was a film called Eagle vs. Shark, and I was immediately filled with hope that it would be about giant, genetically modified animals with bionic implants. The terrorists would control the shark and the USAF would control the giant bald eagle.

There would be a shot where the eagle gets some sort of superficial head wound while battling the shark over the ocean, and the cinematographer would frame it agains the blue water in a powerful, inspiring display of patriotic colors.

But instead it's just some lame romantic comedy.

Airjamie, we were talking about this film and this director.

That really sucks, because last year, there were about 6 of his films showing on the annual film fest, and that film happened to be the first one I watched and it made me decide not to bother with the rest. Anyway, I haven't watched anything new for ages. Too much sufu, not enough film activity.

Yeah I barely watched new films in the last few months, gave 37,2 le matin (eng. title Betty blue extended edition) yet another viewing but I'm not sure a non Djian fan would love it as much. I also have a newer and very nice version of When a woman ascends the stairs that I need to take a look at too + finish watching the Godard docs you've sent me.

Guest Airjamie
i have no idea why, but recently i've found it more satisying to "HATE" in the "what are you eating today thread."

All Anthony bourdain.

Guest jmatsu
All Anthony bourdain.

yeah, but i'd name my daughter aryan instead of ariane.

he loves cocaine, uses alot of profanity and like the ramones and the stooges as well.

thanks for the compliment jamie.

i know im still somewhat of a newbie on here, but ughh..

if i had the chance to harm people on this site here's who they would be:

Clopek: For being a naive, egocentric, son of a bitch who constantly utters so much shit and seems to think he's funny..

Tiranis: just a straight up whiney ass bitch who comes off as this mature, sophisticated dude from out of vancouver, but yet is immature enough to write childish comments and neg rep people with lame remarks..

That is all.. I admit, i've commited some issues on here, perhaps talking a lot in the forums, but these two dudes top the list of annoying fucks because they think theyre always on top when clearly people dont like them. I simply cant tolerate it.. Some people may disagree with me but this is simply how i see it

4serious.

so i got SAT scores back today - same as last time. weird. i get a 12/12 on the essay, still no improvement in raw score. call up my tutor, im already pissed, cause i couldve sworn i had done better, and its not like i didnt improve at all, overall my raw score went up 10 points. regardless, im pissed. the testing room was hot, the test itself shitty (obviously), but i couldve sworn i had to have done better on my verbal. so im going over it with my tutor, and then the head tutor who is like the authority on all this shit gets on the line and tells me that nationwide, everyone who took the june 2nd SAT is scoring significantly lower than they normally and averagely do. my practice tests normally hovered around the mid-high 600's for verbal, but she told me that there was some sort of negative trend in this edition test, and its not that i did anything wrong (i admit i could've done better, but making only a 600 straight is kinda bs for me), and she told me that the test somehow is off about 40 points. shes conferred with other kids who go to the same tutor and talked to other people in the tutoring business and their all reporting back that there was something wrong with the verbal, because kids who are scoring normally 650 and up (such as myself) and seeing between 30-50 point difference on their raw score.

so im still kinda pissed, but now i know that i didnt fuck up as bad as i think i did, or at least theres hope i knowning that maybe, just maybe, i got fucked over this.

doesn't make much difference, im still taking the test in october again. fucking standardized bullshit. fuck tests.

Clopek: For being a naive, egocentric, son of a bitch who constantly utters so much shit and seems to think he's funny..

Tiranis: just a straight up whiney ass bitch who comes off as this mature, sophisticated dude from out of vancouver, but yet is immature enough to write childish comments and neg rep people with lame remarks..

That is all.. I admit, i've commited some issues on here, perhaps talking a lot in the forums, but these two dudes top the list of annoying fucks because they think theyre always on top when clearly people dont like them. I simply cant tolerate it.. Some people may disagree with me but this is simply how i see it

irony just fuckin shit in your eye socket and you apparently didn't notice

Apparently I hit a homerun with my neg rep, seeing as it was the only interaction we've had. I'm proud.

Why don't you go back to Soul Society? You have Orihime to save...

I got kicked out of school cause I am broke. Community college sucks and I secretly want to bone this one girl back in New York but she has a mans but I'll do it anyways and now that I am back in Las Vegas, it really really sucks. This one girl here put me on brother status and now I want to murder her. She doesnt have cute friends and is deemed useless. Chubby girls are horrible in bed. Worst mistake ever.

then may i direct you to here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=30753

there are various links in there that were created before that above link inside as well.