superconfessional

i like how westside PWNED jeepster here, and he brings up a completely irrelevant point. It's 2 different tests, thanks for telling us the obvious.

fair enough, but the point i was trying to make that PSAT is irrelevant from the way the SAT itself is graded. many kids fall pray to the idea that the PSAT reflects how they will do on the SAT, which is completely untrue. the way the PSAT is scored and how it is administered has only a small similarity to how the SAT is actually done. i know it was a qualifying test for the national merit scholarship, but its not the only way you can qualify for it. you can join the national honor society and become elligible, you can take different tests (such as the Johns Hopkins Test) and other standardized tests which qualify. im sorry if i was unclear in my delivery of what i was saying, cause yes, westside did own me, but i was thinking of a completely different idea when i wrote the other post. sorry for the lack of clarity.

pennytj5

7:54

hi keagan

keagan

7:54

haaaaaaaaaaaaa

hi

7:55

pennytj5 is now known as PENNYTJ5.

PENNYTJ5

do u know who this is???

keagan

Nope.

PENNYTJ5

it your grandma

why so quiet?? shocked??

keagan

7:56

im floored.

PENNYTJ5

7:57

really..I miss u..do u miss me??

fair enough, but the point i was trying to make that PSAT is irrelevant from the way the SAT itself is graded. many kids fall pray to the idea that the PSAT reflects how they will do on the SAT, which is completely untrue. the way the PSAT is scored and how it is administered has only a small similarity to how the SAT is actually done. i know it was a qualifying test for the national merit scholarship, but its not the only way you can qualify for it. you can join the national honor society and become elligible, you can take different tests (such as the Johns Hopkins Test) and other standardized tests which qualify. im sorry if i was unclear in my delivery of what i was saying, cause yes, westside did own me, but i was thinking of a completely

different idea when i wrote the other post. sorry for the lack of clarity.

i don't even know what you're getting at here. the PSAT and SAT's are both scored on a 2400 scale. To say it's not an indicator of how you would do on the SAT if you sat for it a year later without much more work is kind of ridiculous. Maybe i'm wrong here, I don't know how much stuff has changed in the 10 some years since I actually took the PSAT/SAT, but it's the same with any standardized tests. It's not called Preliminary SAT without reason. Will it accurately predict how you will do if you do study? no, you can always improve/fall..but the purpose of it according to the college board is:

The Preliminary SAT®/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a co-sponsored program by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC).

PSAT/NMSQT stands for Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT Reasoning Testâ„¢. It also gives you a chance to enter National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) scholarship programs.

I mean the point of the matter is well in the long term, no it doesn't matter at all, SAT's don't mean shit, neither does your GPA's or EC's. But it's practice for your actual SAT's as well as most importantly a test in your test taking abilities..and that shit matters.

yes its practice - understandable, but it does not offer the same level of challenge as a SAT practice test that a kaplan or princeton review SAT tutor would give. from what i learned from my SAT tutor (neither kaplan nor pricneton review, they use a hybrid of both systems as well as a method the lead tutors developed), the PSAT, though graded on a similar scale (its not out of 2400, its different for each section that simulates 2400, same ratios), it does not give an accurate representation of how the student can apply his/her strengths to the test. they cull different questions and problems from past SAT's, but each SAT is based on a certain cirriculum designed by the collegeboard that follows a certain type of pattern. the way the PSAT is composed does not follow this pattern, but rather is more like an ERB or one of those other middle-school tests that are all over the place and test for general knowledge but not aptitude. on the scale of things, PSAT is closer to a state-run mastery test that accounts for testing prowess of schools and districts rather than how the SAT would and does test.

by looking at the percentages though, you get a better idea of how you stack up compared to your other students, and if you work with a tutor, like i did, you come to a better understanding of where you fall in actual SAT scoring. PSAT's only simulate the testing situation and the types of questions presented, they do not give a good picture to the student of where their strengths and weakness's lie considering the first time i took a PSAT i scored much higher on the math than the second time, and each time ive taken the actual SAT's ive only scored around 500-550.

PRELIMINARY SAT!

the PSAT, though graded on a similar scale (its not out of 2400, its different for each section that simulates 2400, same ratios),

do you even know what this means or is this something someone told you and you wrote down here. Because it still really doesn't make sense. all standardized tests are based on a scale in comparison to other students, hence standardized. How the fuck do you "simulate" a score?

Academically, a kaplan and princeton review test would have to make their stuff harder, worst case senerio situation, the testing tutors realize that it's their asses the parents will call up and complain to if their kids fail at the real thing. You're all over the place with your statements and it's really hard to understand what you're really getting at, other than the obvious. When it boils down though, a kaplan or princeton review test or tutor isn't going to save your ass, the point of the SAT is testing the basic knowlege taught in highschool, it's your test taking skills which you can learn for free on your own through taking practice tests. Which is what the PSAT is designed for really. It works that way with every single entrance exam you'll ever take. MCAT, GMAT, PCAT, etc. Take the MCAT, it's about 30% material, and 70% test taking skills, verbal section being 100% test taking skills.....

well, obviously if he worked in these fields, i can't argue much to the extent that he can. from what ive learned and experienced, PSAT has had no bearing on my SAT experience, and the same goes for many of the kids i go to school with. so i digress and give the argument to poly, who for all intensive purposes, pwned my face on this one.

well played sir. well played.

westside talking normally makes me glaze over his posts. for some reason they were easier to read before. now their just... normal.

theres is a cute girl at work i always see walk the hallways. been meaning to get to know her. i think she knows that i give her the eye everytime she passes,she smiles back,but now i think it has become awkward that i still havent approached her..im usually pretty smooth and dont normally bs'n around,but damn that girl got me paralized like mutha..:rolleyes:

theres is a cute girl at work i always see walk the hallways. been meaning to get to know her. i think she knows that i give her the eye everytime she passes,she smiles back,but now i think it has become awkward that i still havent approached her..im usually pretty smooth and dont normally bs'n around,but damn that girl got me paralized like mutha..:rolleyes:

use pic of u peen on card 2 flert

just show her your lanvins.

i pissed off a hooters waitress tonite because i called her "miss"

which to me, is a respect thing. obviously she didnt think that way, even after i explained.

gave her $1 tip. stupid bitch.

was che cute?

she was hot. typical georgia state kinda white girl with a nice face, bod, tits, ass and all that shit wrapped up in those orange boyshorts and hooters top.

it was 2fers night.

i was double barreling miller high lifes and coronas with my french fries.

i called her miss, and she got pissed. wtf. i had to pull her over and explain how to me it was a show of respect. fuck, i even looked at her EYES the whole time, explaining AND ordering.

whores will be whores i guess. next time ill just call a chick like that a slampig cumhog or some shit, maybe then ill get looked at less awkward.

Um... Im really not sure what was being fought about between poly and jeepster, but among the million different things I do, I work for Kaplan and teach their SAT course. The funny thing from our perspective is... the Kaplan PSAT course is simply the first four sections of the SAT course. Its the same basic test without the essay shit.

If you're looking for a standardized test thats a total bitch, take the GREs within the next 11 days. They keep changing it (within the US) cause each time they change it, it sucks a little worse. They've already changed it twice this year and come November its completely different again.