Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

I've had this wallet for years, I remember I found it in my fathers bedside drawer and he said I could have it. It was almost new then, like 6 years ago. Ima use it till it totally falls apart cause I love it.

picture150vs0.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot A510 at 2007-08-15

picture142ja7.jpg

picture154qm5.jpg

you already did 10 days of tanning? that's like an ungodly amount. I tanned mine for an afternoon, oiled it with that red moon oil, and used it. indigo got on it, no biggie. it's going to happen. there is no way around it. i feel like you're negating all the oiling because you're tanning it too much. you should be good to go. you've done enough for now.

I know a little late on this but I just had to add another point.

The tanning can be however long you want it to be really, different weather conditoins permit for longer or shorter tanning periods so 10 days is probably fine. The tanning can help to prevent a lot of the actual indigo staining that occurs. My tanned RM has very little bleeding on the tanned parts but has a lot on the raw edges of the leather. Also, over oiling your wallet (which I think you have done edmond) can lead to even more bleeding. I'd try to wipe off as much of the excess oil as you can. Its a nice colour though, i really like it.

I know a little late on this but I just had to add another point.

The tanning can be however long you want it to be really, different weather conditoins permit for longer or shorter tanning periods so 10 days is probably fine. The tanning can help to prevent a lot of the actual indigo staining that occurs. My tanned RM has very little bleeding on the tanned parts but has a lot on the raw edges of the leather. Also, over oiling your wallet (which I think you have done edmond) can lead to even more bleeding. I'd try to wipe off as much of the excess oil as you can. Its a nice colour though, i really like it.

thanks camel, poly ,ddml and the rest of the guys this is my first real jap sd wallet err dont know what to do at first.. this thread really helped me alot hahaha thanks god before i start fucking up with this expensive wallet.. err guys i use mink oil and lexol leather conditioner on the redmoons is that ok?

Do you know Naoto the Zombie edmond? Well his silverman looks absolutely great to me with minimal staining and hes only oiled it once ever, which was after he suntanned. His wallet after tanning was a very dark dark brown with lightened up with time.

Like i said before, the oil from your hands from using it daily should be enough.

just got it after 4 days of waiting from

http://www.g-a-r-d-e-n.com/onlineshop/view-Ga-090.html

1144702263_22fd298f79_m.jpg

thanks to Chponglasia for post #517 on page 11.

measurements

W - 3 1/2" L - 4 3/8" Thickness - 1 7/16"

g-a-r-d-e-n was very fast & Mic is a pleasure to deal with.

i just clicked the link, filled out the form & told him i was interested. answered me quickly & great english.

it's not like bill's. i don't have an extra pocket behind the coins. also, my cards are put on the left instead of the right.

i don't plan on tanning or oiling.

LET'S just see how it turns out.

1144702249_f406c69b52.jpg

just got it after 4 days of waiting from

http://www.g-a-r-d-e-n.com/onlineshop/view-Ga-090.html

1144702263_22fd298f79_m.jpg

thanks to Chponglasia for post #517 on page 11.

measurements

W - 3 1/2" L - 4 3/8" Thickness - 1 7/16"

g-a-r-d-e-n was very fast & Mic is a pleasure to deal with.

i just clicked the link, filled out the form & told him i was interested. answered me quickly & great english.

it's not like bill's. i don't have an extra pocket behind the coins. also, my cards are put on the left instead of the right.

i don't plan on tanning or oiling.

LET'S just see how it turns out.

1144702249_f406c69b52.jpg

puto pare great pick up!!! jesus!

here's my RRC, it's a few weeks old at this point. pre-tanned version.

the leather has softened up, but it's already getting crack/crease marks around the edges. is this normal? the obenauf's oil is en route, hopefully that'll get it back to shape.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

Does your RRC use a YKK zipper for the coin space?

So here's a story..

Some leather freak came into Self Edge today, he said he lurks on Sufu..

He brought with him six wallets, 3 were unused..

3 Red Moons, 1 KC, 1 LGC, and one which had no branding which he bought in Osaka last year.

He'd never seen Flat Head wallets, belts or card cases in person and wanted to compare his..

He left with the conclusion that the Flat Head ones were constructed better than anything he'd seen. Personally i think it was a tie between the Flat Head goods and the one he picked up in Osaka. He left with one of the black mid-length wallets and a FH belt.

Jeffrey, if you're out there.. please post photos of your collection, others need to see this stuff.