Triumvir3 hoody

khc

how are these sick?I mean come on there about a year to late on the bandwagon that bape and bbc have all ready run in to the ground.I just dont get the attraction with this brand i see nothing excting from them there most famous pieces are basically knocked off bape designs!that wernt good from bape in the first place.technicolour camos are never ever gonna be good.

lol but we are talking about clothese here not footwear,I grant you bape was originally a parody of planet of the apes stuff.but i justreally dont see what the above brand bring to the table, i mean its not any good in parody sense a bearded man did a great take on a bathing ape and it was funny, this gear is just pretty much straight rips its just looks like market gear.

I think parodies in the streetwear scene are double-edged swords. Although they seem like they're ripping on the brand they're copying, imitation is really the highest form of flattery, and if you think about it, it wouldn't be a parody if the original brand wasn't successful in the first place. Given that, the only reason why Bapes are popular is that they copy AF1s, much like how the Roadsta is modeled after the Air Max. Similarly, The success of A Bearded Man and SSUR's Rebel Ape can be accredited to BAPE's status. So, I think Triumvir is not doing anything wrong, it's following from example. And I think that the multi-colored paisley is super-dope. Better than the Hundred's Paisley and better than BAPE's Cotton Candy hoody. It's like a super hoody, and reversible. I bought it, and personally, I can't wait. But I guess it's really my taste. I would say that it just boils down to whether you like the design.

utter shit. only twats pay $150 for that kind of hoody. and please do not bring SSUR into the equation. SSUR's stuff isnt only about the rebel ape. if you see their entire line, you'll realize how underrated SSUR is. all the japanese made cut-sews are just simply amazing.

I actually checked out the Rebel Ape stuff at Bodega. I was really unimpressed with the quality of their shirts. The print felt gritty and gross. Not nice and thick and not thin and soft, just a weird sandpapery medium. Also, the tees felt worse than Hanes Beefys, and the one shirt that I was thinking about getting, the print was offcenter. Maybe I experienced a fluke, but that left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

also, I currently have on the Triumvir3 x Turntable Lab 04 GS pack collab shirt. I think the color and design are awesome, and the shirt feels buttery soft, but sturdy. Triumvir, in my opinion is a really polished line. They pay attention to details, because that's the only thing that sets small name brands apart.

although at the same time, the Kobayashi porcelain shirt is fk awesome

yes, i go to school at harvard. my father's korean (hence the last name). haha, and no i'm not a father... and I certainly don't have anyone working for me (yet! :D)

As for the triumvir3 hoody, only time will tell if it's quality or not. Also, it's much more of a hypebeast thing than a superfuture thing, so it doesn't surprise me that it turns some of you off. Personally, I've loved the design since I laid my eyes on it last winter.

also i dont understand why you keep refering to bapes footwear as we are talking about clothes.also when bape started producing the stas they were bringing something new to the table not a new model i agree but a option on colourways and materials that at the time nike wernt seemingly prepared to produce so in a sense they were doing somthing different.triumvir3 are doing nothing different they are just copying and rehashing badly the ideas of bigger labels than themselfs and cashing in on peopl who are to blind to see through it. triumvir3 is gash end of if you had any taste youd know that.

"triumvir3 is gash end of if you had any taste youd know that."

Please, if at all possible, refrain from personal attacks. The reason I bring up footwear is because in my opinion, when BAPE mimicked the AF1, it was making a statement. It was saying "F U Nike" at the same time as "Nike, you're really successful." In my opinion, when Triumvir mimicks BAPE, it's saying the same thing. To me, BAPE has become a powerful industry force akin to Nike rather than an underground clothing brand. So all the clothing brands that are ripping on BAPE are saying that they're displeased with BAPE's status. Acapulco Gold did a pretty clever flip on the BAPE slogan in my opinion. Orisue flipped the apehead. Obey dissed Nigo. Fabricali uses the Ape Camo. Triumvir uses the apehead, camo and baby milo caricature style in some of their pieces. The whole streetwear industry FEEDS off of logo/slogan flips, and a lot of them are hugely popular. I mean, what is the Paisley Hoodie and Leroy Jenkins but flips of couch fabric? What is BAPE really but a flip of the movie? If you want, you can call anything unoriginal.

But I honestly think the guys at Triumvir are more creative than you give them credit. They're not just blindly stealing, they're applying their own creativity. The Galatic Solider shirt, that is fire, hands down in my opinion. And when they used bright camo a la BAPE, I couldn't resist it. I'm not saying all of their designs are great. Like any brand, they're hit or miss. I like the Warhol Kong and the Galatic Soldier and now this Cotton Candy hoodie. But not much else.

You don't have to like a brand. But just don't be so aloof that you think anyone who likes it has no taste.

utter shit. only twats pay $150 for that kind of hoody. and please do not bring SSUR into the equation. SSUR's stuff isnt only about the rebel ape. if you see their entire line, you'll realize how underrated SSUR is. all the japanese made cut-sews are just simply amazing.

hans, can you direct me to any site/place i can call to get SSUR's? i've been searching but found nothing. nothing! thanks. where do you get all your visvim?

Effectively, it is that, isn't it? Since it's reversable?

Yeah, I meant if it were just that, and not reversible. The fact that the hoody is reversible is one of the reasons why the price is $160. So, I'm not going to pay full price for a reversible hoody that's not fully functional for me, and made by a brand that I don't care about.

hans, can you direct me to any site/place i can call to get SSUR's? i've been searching but found nothing. nothing! thanks. where do you get all your visvim?

i dont think there's any store online that sells SSUR's cutsew pieces, you have to go down to SSURplus NYC to get them. most of the online stores i saw only sell the rebel ape line.

visvim has been sourced from various places, bits from union NY, the rest from various hookups from all around the globe (cliche but true)

bape knocking off nike, stussy flipping chanel; that's on another level compared to one streetwear brand referencing a bigger streetwear brand. bape is nowhere near nike status, and i'm sure you didn't mean it that way. i do see the comparison you're trying to make, but it's really a different beast. if a brand like triumvir3 is working off bape's mold, it's just more in-breeding -- and, like cousins fucking cousins, it's making current streetwear retarded.

• 3 months later...

sorry to bump this thread from months back, but i tried them on today and they are really heavy, i'm considering one or the other as a 'first serious hoodie'. but i still need to shop around/decide if i really want to drop a bill and a half on a hoodie