ahk1979

canada :: toronto :: general

There is that place Showroom on Queen West that has Nudies also. I couldn't tell you what the prices are like relative to other places though because I am not really interested in Nudies. Not my style.

I have to ask you though, why don't you just buy your denim/clothes off of the Supermarket. Sure you can't try shit on, but the prices, especially compared to a lot of Toronto stores are unbeatable. It's mostly a buyer's market.

And to the dude who called us "suburbanites": My three last neighborhoods have been the Annex, Kensington, and Koreatown. Not too far from each other, but all definitely as downtown as anywhere. Maybe you should enlighten us on the "real Toronto" that we've all been missing?

I have to ask you though, why don't you just buy your denim/clothes off of the Supermarket. Sure you can't try shit on, but the prices, especially compared to a lot of Toronto stores are unbeatable. It's mostly a buyer's market.

This, basically. You can try shit on in the stores and get a much, much better deal on here.

hahahah real toronto. anyone see that dvd? shit was hectic. "welcome to the second most drug infested area of etobicoke..." that shit had me rollin.

brap brap

best place for nudies in toronto is actually lileo

they got crazy sales around boxing day too, 50-70 off usually

i gto nudies at lileo on boxing day. rrds for 100 bones. wore them for a week and gave them to a friend. fuck nudies. lileo cool, though.

i gto nudies at lileo on boxing day. rrds for 100 bones. wore them for a week and gave them to a friend. fuck nudies. lileo cool, though.

lileo is great.

on the other hand, nudies are really lame. can all guys (and their fat girlfriends) stop buying nudies?

i'm looking for a pair of natural indigo selvage denim. any leads?

i aint be up on the natural indigo. ask halifamous, he a retail whore.

theres a thread in superdenim all about natural indigo, if i didnt hate the search so much id find it for you

Ma'fuckin Kicking Mule is natural indigo.

Can cop at TNT or Gotstyle

Yeah that's right, Gotstyle rocks KMW.

lileo is great.

on the other hand, nudies are really lame. can all guys (and their fat girlfriends) stop buying nudies?

i'm looking for a pair of natural indigo selvage denim. any leads?

Klaxon Howl has some pricey stuff...but Sugar Cane is actually cheaper there than any of the US online stores. The Edo Ai model is natural indigo, and the Hawaii is a mix of natural & synthetic (I think).

KMW's are natural, as mentioned. Other than that, you won't get any natural indigo in TO. Best bet for affordable stuff would be Fullcount or Oni's new model at BiG....not sure how they look on ladies though. ;)

thanks for the tip guys! last time i saw sydney he said he was considering getting some natural indigo in as well. as expected, klaxon did not have any canes that fit me. i'll scour abit. hopefully will find something that will fit me with minimal ass sag. ;)

Guest ManOfSteel555

i'll put in a vote for studio kim.

just got my imperials hemmed there two inches, they were perfectly done. i'm considering getting a few other items touched up abit, once work busyness settles down.

Heading north to Toronto for a few days during the New Year. I'll be staying downtown and was wondering what a good bet was for NYE festivities. A club/lounge to go to after dinner for some drinks and dancing. Any suggestions?

Fair enough...i guess i am jumping the gun. Well...im more into house and my gal is into the R&B goodness, so a mix of both for a NYE party would be awesome. Also, I'll be staying downtown Toronto, what other areas should i explore for shopping and dining.

for your typical SuFu gear, hit up Nomad

http://www.nomadshop.net/

mapquest it from your hotel to get directions

as a warning, pricing isn't the greatest....

Small boutiques all along Queen St. are always a good choice too

and if you're into the more mainstream "high end" (i use that term loosely) brands, hit up Bloor St.

and, to be honest, you're not too early to be planning new years in Toronto

they sell tickets to clubs early

if you want a nice chill place to hang out and get a bite to eat

http://www.bloorstreetdiner.com/restaurants/panorama/

http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/home.asp

warning about The Drake - make sure (if you're going to go) you read up on the events happening that night....you don't want to go and have it be a hardcore punk night or something. They tend to be all over the place in terms of the events they hold there.

as for full out clubbing, i'm not into the scene anymore, so i can't help you there.

hopefully that somewhat helps

Drake Hotel usually has a decent Friday/Saturday night. Main/lounge floor is usually Hip-Hop/RnB mixture. The basement usually caters to the house crowd. Like stated before, you have to check what's on the list for the evening. Sometimes you'll get crappy bands in the basement but every once in awhile you'll find a sea of people dancing away to what-have-you. Usually a very laid back crowd.

Also, just down the road is the Social. Awesome for Thursdays/Saturdays. Always packed and they usually start with progressive house into more ADD kind of music. Heavy bass, toss in some electronica but generally, really good dance music. Usually a very indie crowd.

As for shopping, you can't really go wrong with the Yorkville area. (Bay/Bloor.) There are a couple of little boutiques along Yorkville street that are worth checking out. Uncle Otis and TNT Blu are all very close and should not be missed. There's also a Holt Renfrew not even 5 minute-walk away. Other mentionables are Noir (rape prices, though) and Corbo (for the ladies).

west lounge and brant house for first timers. brant house has good food and then it turns into a lounge at night.

drake is ok but the social is where a handful of new vice do's are taken. its really inbred.

nightlife along college st. little italy as well. its pretty saturated with stuff to do so very conducive to hopping around from place to place.

check out places to eat and shop in the distillery and queen west soho. and go to kubo radio for cupcakes. :)

Subarashii, I can't stand Brant anymore. ); The overload of (loud, easily drunk) asians over the previous weeks has driven me away. 5-10 happy hour was good while it lasted, though.

ive stayed away from brant and most of king west for a while now. i wen to cheval a few times cause some guys i used to hang out with come to the city and think getting botles is some secret society bullshit. i got tired of that quick. my lil bro worked at brant for a few weeks and said he can never go back to king w after being exposed to how stupid the clientele are, i never had to work in the area to see that.

queen w is okay. i still hit the beaconsfield to see friends and i have a love/hate relationship with the drake having worked there all summer. when they have a good night, its really good. but when they dont have an insane party booked, its the worst of the worst. know what your going for before you set foot in that building.

college is the same as drake. if you have a destination and know its going to be good music/people, its the bomb. barhopping is hard though. little italy draws the biggest cornballs outside of c lounge. id thro a parental advisory sticker on all of college as a general rule. you really gotta know where your going.

these threads are always misleading. if someone has never been here and people throw out a bunch of places that are maybe good one night a week, the visitor can be in for a terrible experience. new years is especially tricky since all the out of towners are making it their "big night". luckily, ill be working.

good luck, though.

NESK is my official Toronto tour guide. You should listen to him.

haha, you met me after work and we shopped a bit. thats not really tour-guiding.

i dont even go out enough anymore to be a real tourguide. when my friends stop by from out of town, i usually take them to chill spots so we can catch up. if i wanted to go balls out and get dirty i wouldnt really know where to start. my social life recently consists of meeting dudes off here for drinks or hanging out at places where i dont have to pay for anything because my freinds work there. im not a very exciting person lately.

hey Thanks NESK!

Your definitley right, nightlife can be tricky. All I'm looking for is a nice place to dance and get down. I'll def investigate everyone's suggestions and make sure to call ahead ... just to make sure!

I was just wondering if anyone could share tips on moving from a small town (population of about 40,000) to a large city. Toronto in particular because that is where I will be headed. How much surplus cash I should bring with me, how I should go about finding a job as good as the one I have now, being able to afford the cost of living going up etc. etc. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

should probably get a job there first....

good tip, there's nothing worse than moving in a big city without a secure income.

or living in one, for that matter.

+rep

although, with out spending much time in a city, it's hard to know where you want to live / work... but I assume you have been to toronto before?