Superfuture Movie Club

jackg

Yeh i love the whole vibe the movie has, defo one for wkw fans. Great use of locations and clothing.

The movie is part of a sort of trilogy of films, the other two are 'the longest summer' and 'little cheung'.

Highly rec little cheung, has the same restlessness that made in hong kong has yet its centred around very different characters.

sorry been crazy busy of late. akuma there is an upload order on page 8 and I can put you down the bottom of that and you can upload anything you like! even a serbian film if you wish, but I think one viewing of that was more than enough for me.

in the meantime what did you guys think of "trouble everyday"?

I really liked made in hong kong, kinda dug how low budget everything was. definitely agree about the wong kar wai vibes, mainly I think it's because the focus is on life in a large asian city and the subsequent lifestyle created by that environment. main character had some steezy fits too

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought it was interesting how the premise of the film reflects differently on past and current attitudes on determinism and freedom.

In the more liberal 70ies, it might have been provocative to depict society's efforts of re-socialzation as an act of violence, and following one's innate, evil nature as an act of freedom. Nowadays, the notion that individuals are mostly determined by their DNA is widely accepted; and (because it is possible) this pre-determining code has to be analyzed, altered and engineered, thus rendering Kubrick's provocative depiction of Alex as "all nature, no nurture" if not irrelevant, then at least outdated. By following his violent impulses, his protagonist is no longer resisting social pressure to conform and asserting his individuality, today he would simply be a product of his genetic predispositions and programming.

Edited by digitalmountain

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have been crazy busy the last couple of weeks, but back on the case.

These are the next couple of people to upload, if you want to be added to the list just PM me.

Joeyod007

Kelleydenham

Magnetic

Quackculture

The Physicist

Edited by jackg

the movie was deleted. zak whittle?

should i re-up it?

i just restored it then! please everyone remember that if you delete or move it from the dropbox it disappears for everyone else as well.

Can I join this? What's the email

yes of course you can. just pm me your email address.

anyone had a chance to watch it yet? I have been flat out with uni/work but am going to get stuck into it this week. super excited.

Edited by jackg

• 2 weeks later...