best waywt pics

all this analyzing and critiquing of what streetwear should be is whats killing streetwear.

when you're sitting here comparing og streetwear steez with new brands that are poppin up all around, how do you compare the two?

i see the origins of streetwear as shit you wore with steez. no one gave a fuck about the legitimacy of a brand cuz if they did, no one woulda been rockin Starter Raiders sweats and shit. the fact that some of you take so much time to analyze modern day streetwear moreso than just wearin the shit like you should, kills what streetwear should stand for.

i agree, alot of brands are doin some whack ass shit with their prints, but those brands aside (admitably probably the majority of streetwear these days), but there are still brands that are doin legit street, but you people are too caught up on complaining about shit that nothing sounds legit anymore.

point being, get over yourselves, take influences from what you wore and knew before and work with it with what you got now instead of complaining about it and talkin hours on end about whats real OG.

all this analyzing and critiquing of what streetwear should be is whats killing streetwear.

when you're sitting here comparing og streetwear steez with new brands that are poppin up all around, how do you compare the two?

i see the origins of streetwear as shit you wore with steez. no one gave a fuck about the legitimacy of a brand cuz if they did, no one woulda been rockin Starter Raiders sweats and shit. the fact that some of you take so much time to analyze modern day streetwear moreso than just wearin the shit like you should, kills what streetwear should stand for.

i agree, alot of brands are doin some whack ass shit with their prints, but those brands aside (admitably probably the majority of streetwear these days), but there are still brands that are doin legit street, but you people are too caught up on complaining about shit that nothing sounds legit anymore.

point being, get over yourselves, take influences from what you wore and knew before and work with it with what you got now instead of complaining about it and talkin hours on end about whats real OG.

The reason why streetwear is dead is because Brands are trying to influence lifestyle aesthetic rather than being an actual representation of a real lifestyle or aesthetic.

You can see it in the brands that chase trends or be the first brand to put out original prints and every other brand that attempts to copy it afterwards.

You should critically think about things especially in a world where there is so much manipulation to get you to not care or not critically think about anything and accept everything even if it's against everything that you supposedly believe in.

Thinking should never be discouraged...

The reason why streetwear is dead is because Brands are trying to influence lifestyle aesthetic rather than being an actual representation of a real lifestyle or aesthetic.

You can see it in the brands that chase trends or be the first brand to put out original prints and every other brand that attempts to copy it afterwards.

You should critically think about things especially in a world where there is so much manipulation to get you to not care or not critically think about anything and accept everything even if it's against everything that you supposedly believe in.

this exact sentiment is what i'm arguing against. yes, while streetwear should REFLECT, not represent, lifestyle, streetwear brands bac in the day never went out of their way to legitimize their brand as streetwear. you look at kids in the 90's rockin Tommy and Nautica pullovers, that was wat was good for me. that shit was NOT streetwear by today's standards but it was street cuz thats wat the kids wore on the street. It wasn't some grand thing called Streetwear back then, it was just what the kids wore int he streets cuz that was wat was available to them. I was sitll young at around that time but I still look back and try to draw influeces from that.

essentially we're arguing for the same thing, which is stating that streetwear brands these days have no legitimacy in it and are hopping from one trend to another. but i'm arguing for what streetwear should stand for.

thats why i think Cheep does streetwear so well, the guy dresses in whatever he has and he makes it work, incorporating what he has to make it street. its not try hard like most kids these days that sit here and critique everything wrong with streetwear brands these days. just wear the shit and make it work instead of trying to make the clothes work for you

baggy work pants i stole from my fucking grandpa with the bottoms chopped off that were eight sizes too big over suede clydes when only soccer kids wore them with t shirts we made with magic markers,blood, and duct tape for locals only bitches.

what the fuck kinda question is this?

does anyone else remember when streetwear was just the shit you wore on the streets? back before a bunch of clever assholes co opted the whole shebang? im not even that old but i can still remember when fashion and streetwear were uneasy bedfellows.

i mean rock supreme, wtps, or whatever else you like, its all good, but at least remember where the shit came from (hint: way before 2000). thats all im sayin kiddies...

streetwear was at the very beginning was maybe a tiny bit about something that reflects real life, but at it's core it was always about the philosophy of futility.

Instead of a life just tied to labor, it incorporated poverty, and other things deemed "street" and perhaps at one time reflected the life of the "street".

Very soon, I think it changed into an entity that influences life//styles rather than reflecting it//them.

Your prose is a little fruity but I agree a little and with cultpop

The kind of things I go for that Taps and Supreme reproduce are no brand military/work items which you would pick up from charity and thrift stores before it all got rerouted to some overpriced 'vintage' boutique.

im with eccles and dum, i source and wear supremes basic military, work wear, ivy league, varsity etc items, and mix with items that have and do inspire contemporary labels; champion, red wing, patagonia, ralph, sierra, clarks, levis, wangler.... including og military and work wear; usn, hickory, herringbone, coveralls etc, moslty sticking to made in the u.s.a americana.

one example is that i dont wear vans that are made in china, only u.s.a, with the preferred shape and quality a side its down to good ol' branding.

this exact sentiment is what i'm arguing against. yes, while streetwear should REFLECT, not represent, lifestyle, streetwear brands bac in the day never went out of their way to legitimize their brand as streetwear. you look at kids in the 90's rockin Tommy and Nautica pullovers, that was wat was good for me. that shit was NOT streetwear by today's standards but it was street cuz thats wat the kids wore on the street. It wasn't some grand thing called Streetwear back then, it was just what the kids wore int he streets cuz that was wat was available to them. I was sitll young at around that time but I still look back and try to draw influeces from that.

essentially we're arguing for the same thing, which is stating that streetwear brands these days have no legitimacy in it and are hopping from one trend to another. but i'm arguing for what streetwear should stand for.

thats why i think Cheep does streetwear so well, the guy dresses in whatever he has and he makes it work, incorporating what he has to make it street. its not try hard like most kids these days that sit here and critique everything wrong with streetwear brands these days. just wear the shit and make it work instead of trying to make the clothes work for you

word.

I didn't read any of this.

Guest jmatsu
and thats why you wear gold skytops with box coats.

streetwear has a tremendous impact in the industry (past, present and future). i enjoy talking about it, and hearing other opinions about the subject. it's fascinating.

im with eccles and dum, i source and wear supremes basic military, work wear, ivy league, varsity etc items, and mix with items that have and do inspire contemporary labels; champion, red wing, patagonia, ralph, sierra, clarks, levis, wangler.... including og military and work wear; usn, hickory, herringbone, coveralls etc, moslty sticking to made in the u.s.a americana.

one example is that i dont wear vans that are made in china, only u.s.a, with the preferred shape and quality a side its down to good ol' branding.

i agree completly with this outlook on it... its what i try to do also.

I didn't read any of this.

you must be proud

Even for somebody like me who doesn't wear any of the abformented brands I found the discussion to be interesting and well worth the time I took to read it. Why point out your willingness to be ignorant as if its something you should be awarded for?

you must be proud

Even for somebody like me who doesn't wear any of the abformented brands I found the discussion to be interesting and well worth the time I took to read it. Why point out your willingness to be ignorant as if its something you should be awarded for?

the fuck you making up words for?

i think this is the word you were aiming for:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/aforementioned

I find that interesting as I grew up in a suburb in Baltimore, specifying that as you don't confuse me for straight from the city. Kids I grew up with were either black or white and if you are white 90% chance you're a wigger. I think wiggers in true sense of the word are probably the best people to do street cuz it reflects their lifestyle. I moved before I could find out if my white friends turned into stick up kids but they were into drugs and for the most part trouble makers. Nothing more street than over sized shirts, holding onto the waist band of your dropping jeans and running in untied military boots. (got watered down when it was about southpole and timbs though)

Dr. Ian Malcolm: [Ian Malcolm leans to face camera in electric tour car when the waywt doesn't appear] Now eventually you might have waywt fits on your, on your best waywt, right? Hello? yes?

[he taps the camera lens and breathes on it]

John Hammond: [John Hammond watches the camera feed with his hands on his face] I really hate that man.

i was recently approved by method man for my niketalk account. and it only took 7 years. I'm 100% legit now.

haha

damn i havent had the heart to go on there in a while....its like my old neighborhood that went to shit....no desire to go back but curious sometimes....