Lad Musician F/W 12.13 Japan

baconzilla

• 2 weeks later...

Lad Musician is all about the tailoring from everything I see from them - it's one of the few brands where the stuff is cut just as clean and aggressively in person as it looks on the models so I think this is a perfect collection for them. These slightly 'odd' / dated proportions with their flawless cutting is going to be a great collection in person I imagine. Lad Musician to me is always more creative than they're given credit for in my opinion but it shows up in the construction and overall approach more so than in their presentations online / in photos - I liken them more to Acne and Patrick Ervell who I think both deserve respect for being 'just slightly off' in an inexplicable yet understated and contemporary way.

edit: to be more specific i think lad musician is not dissimilar from other japanese 'repro' style companies who fetishize past subcultures / garments but instead of slavish imitation from the denim oriented brands or junya's deconstruction it's more of a re-orientation. It's like they point the past in a different direction and see what happens if, say, teddy boys moved to wearing home-made clothing inspired by raf simons rather than dissolving into other 'american' groups.

Edited by Servo2000

• 6 months later...

I stopped by the Umeda shop yesterday with the intention of just looking and ended up walking out with four pieces. I'm very impressed by this brand. As Servo mentioned, the off-the rack fit was nearly flawless and the quality:price ratio seems to be right on point.

I picked up the speckled black varsity and its probably the nicest piece I've ever owned. The shoes were super comfortable, I'll be picking them up as well next paycheck if they're still in stock.

Anyone know if/when the online shop has its sale?

Edited by facecloth

• 1 month later...

I think that scrapping the flame motif would have helped the collection. The pieces which it is featured on would have been better off without it.