worst (sufu) waywt fits

im putting this in here, not because of the outfit, though i will say i dont care for it, ESPECIALLY those goddamn jw chuck taylors. but other than that on-the-beach picture, keyko just looks like he fucking hates his life. please, someone put him out of his apparent misery.

and for christ's sake, stand up straight.

i wouldn't call it the worst, but i can def see where you're coming from. he has some sufu-friendly labels, but all i see is computer geek. i guess if you looked like that one guy from "the office," you'd hate life too. seriously, he should just shop at the gap (he could probably attain the same look easily). with all the money saved he could buy some great vodka and drown his sorrows. and those colorful chucks are probably an attempt at hongkong assimilation.

btw my commentary has nothing to do with the fact that robi's a friend of mine.

Well, I took this pic at 3am when I got back home after Wednesday night out and I was a bit fucked. I am leaving Hong Kong and going to Bermuda next month for work and the fact that it was one of my last nights out with my mates is probably taking its toll on my face expression here. However, this is exactly the look I am usually giving an accounting clerk if he/she fuck up the figures. Fuck, it's August already so I am leaving Hong Kong this month.

I too can give a rodent's aperture to the fact that my chucks are watanabe chucks. There is absolutely no external indication of watanabe brand and i bought them simply because i liked their cheerful colourway but I am constantly asked by shop assistants where I've got them and also I've got props and reps for them here so I mention their full brand just to avoid answering unnecessary questions. Except for the colour, they look and feel just like regular chucks.

bla

jmatsu - Unlike the things are for expats in Japan, there is no such thing as Hong Kong assimilation so you are in the wrong here. I don't speak Chinese and can't care less about the Asian aspects of Hong Kong. Although I am not discriminating in any way, it just so happen that most of my mates are Western expats and Western-educated Chinese - not so much locals.

And you did not have to mention robideaux in your post - it is perfectly ok to have intellectually inferior emotionally unbalanced friends with effeminate bodies - as long as they are staying true friends. It just says of you being a better person.

Not hating and not trying to take a piss at ya here - its just how things are in life.

Shopping in HK is fun during the sale season and, except for very few items in my wardrobe, I've got most of the stuff I wear on huge sales with 50-80% off. Considering the quality of the 'steez' i am usually buying, i don't think i am over-spending on the clothes for the sake of 'conspicous consumption', esp since there is no branding on the stuff that i buy. So, i've got pretty much lots of money left for vodka and Bundaberg rum i guess.

And you did not have to mention robideaux in your post - it is perfectly ok to have intellectually inferior emotionally unbalanced friends with effeminate bodies - as long as they are staying true friends. It just says of you being a better person.

Not hating and not trying to take a piss at ya here - its just how things are in life.

i don't think a college drop out such as yourself is in any position to be assessing who is inferior/superior intellectually. since it is obvious that you haven't had a proper liberal education allow me to give you some knowledge: "conspicuous consumption" has come a long way since the 19th century when thorstein veblen first applied it to the consumption habits of the leisure classes. In modern day consumer culture almost all citizens are guilty of the charge (americans are more often refered to as consumers than citizens). but more liberal minded individuals recognize that it is not necessarily a bad thing to be conspicuous as a reaction in certain social contexts. for the sake of high-fashion this is true vis-a-vis mass culture. what makes an act of conspicuous consumption good or bad is the cause to which it is attached and the function it performs.

just because your garments are plain, lack any large obscene logos, and have no name branding doesn't mean you aren't dressing conspicuously. on the contrary your consumption is quite conspicuous, and this is reflected by the "uniformity of your fits" and predictable regularities of the labels you wear. I only assume you are not just passively receiving this garbage in which you clad, so naturally i infer that there is a conscious determination on your part to actively seek out these specific labels solely for their sign value. You may try to rationalize it however you like (oh, i bought it on sale! it wasn't out of vanity but frugality!), but the real cause to which you are embilically attached is fitting in with the pseudo-modern-high-fashion-former-bohemian-posuer crowd. This is why all your fits suck: you have no edge, and thus no real sense of style. You're just another yuppie conforming to the dominant sufu aesthetic to maintain the illusion of being a modern figure of reified masculinity.

Guest jmatsu
Well, I took this pic at 3am when I got back home after Wednesday night out and I was a bit fucked. I am leaving Hong Kong and going to Bermuda next month for work and the fact that it was one of my last nights out with my mates is probably taking its toll on my face expression here. However, this is exactly the look I am usually giving an accounting clerk if he/she fuck up the figures. Fuck, it's August already so I am leaving Hong Kong this month.

I too can give a rodent's aperture to the fact that my chucks are watanabe chucks. There is absolutely no external indication of watanabe brand and i bought them simply because i liked their cheerful colourway but I am constantly asked by shop assistants where I've got them and also I've got props and reps for them here so I mention their full brand just to avoid answering unnecessary questions. Except for the colour, they look and feel just like regular chucks.

Shopping in HK is fun during the sale season and, except for very few items in my wardrobe, I've got most of the stuff I wear on huge sales with 50-80% off. Considering the quality of the 'steez' i am usually buying, i don't think i am over-spending on the clothes for the sake of 'conspicous consumption', esp since there is no branding on the stuff that i buy. So, i've got pretty much lots of money left for vodka and Bundaberg rum i guess.

jmatsu - Unlike the things are for expats in Japan, there is no such thing as Hong Kong assimilation so you are in the wrong here. I don't speak Chinese and can't care less about the Asian aspects of Hong Kong. Although I am not discriminating in any way, it just so happen that most of my mates are Western expats and Western-educated Chinese - not so much locals.

i suppose some will be inclinded to factor in the bon voyage party excuse, though i find it irrelavent and that your overall look of this/past fits to be similiar. my hong kong assimilation comment was semi-satirical. i guess you must really be in your own little world if you do not understand what i was getting at. you have but to look down upon the feet of random young hongkongers in mongkok. obnoxious colored chucks and cdg galore, i.e. the shit on your feet. and it doesn't even matter if the labels were inconspicous. believe it or not, most collaboration sneakers are and i would tend to think that most people frequenting this board could probably identify a majority of releases. so even by the remote chance you weren't buying them because of the collab, it wouldn't matter, because three people are already of the opinion that they suck. but hey, if you like them, that' just grand for you. like i mentioned, i don't necessarily think that your recent fit belongs in here. but if there were a "computer geek" thread you'd be it's posterboy.

i suppose some will be inclinded to factor in the bon voyage party excuse, though i find it irrelavent and that your overall look of this/past fits to be similiar. my hong kong assimilation comment was semi-satirical. i guess you must really be in your own little world if you do not understand what i was getting at. you have but to look down upon the feet of random young hongkongers in mongkok. obnoxious colored chucks and cdg galore, i.e. the shit on your feet. and it doesn't even matter if the labels were inconspicous. believe it or not, most collaboration sneakers are and i would tend to think that most people frequenting this board could probably identify a majority of releases. so even by the remote chance you weren't buying them because of the collab, it wouldn't matter, because three people are already of the opinion that they suck. but hey, if you like them, that' just grand for you. like i mentioned, i don't necessarily think that your recent fit belongs in here. but if there were a "computer geek" thread you'd be it's posterboy.

Apparently you have spent more time looking at ppl's footwear in Mongkok (or Harajuku or whatever) than I ever spent on watching 'X-Files'. As an islander I rarely go to the Kowloon side, even less so to Mongkok. But I get what you are getting at. Maybe some hypebeasts in Mongkok or wherever would identify these chucks as 'watanabe chucks' but believe me - my social circle would not. But I see a spark of junya's brilliance in them and if you don't, that's just fine.

i wouldnt say "boring" is the right word for this. its too ugly to be boring. i dont believe in label perpetration however i do believe in item perpetration. the white shorts and chunky blacked out sneakers dont belong in the same outfit, it sort of looks like youre in your boxers and threw on some galoshes quick to step outside for the paper. the light yellow shirt and the shorts could be a nice combo by themselves, but the black undershirt ruins it. who wears black undershirts like that anyway? plus, its too big, sticking out of the yellow tee like that. on that note, the black cap/undershirt/sneaker matching combo is too contrived and poorly done as well. pretty elementary effort. sorry dood. : /

ha, how did i know my pic would make it in here... oh well, i'm always looking for advice, maybe next time icon12.gif

i don't think a college drop out such as yourself ....

Hey Einstein, re-read the education thread and you'll see LLM letter in my post. then do research and find out what it means and then comment on my education level. Your lack of observation is appalling and amusing simultaneously.

Again, can't give a rat's ass about the rest of your sleep-inducing diatribe.

Hey Einstein, re-read the education thread and you'll see LLM letter in my post. then do research and find out what it means and then comment on my education level. Your lack of observation is appalling and amusing simultaneously.

Again, can't give a rat's ass about the rest of your sleep-inducing diatribe.

don't bother robideaux with all of that law stuff. he's not interested in fields that actually earn income.

I can't stand the Minkous fit either.

The hat, the glasses, the suspenders, tucked in tie, and the shorts .. all terrible and even worse when they are together.

This is one of the ugliest outfits ever posted on this forum. Congratulations.

Minkous fit =

train_wreck-730041.jpg

too many colors clashing, too many patterns...and he just looks like a doofus

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

so, so bad

Agreed, thats really horrible, but this:

edit_sensor.jpg

is great!

In the first one we see good ideas and horrible execution, the second fixes the errors. I like this because it shows the true value of waywt.

The robideux/keyko battle is satisfying because both posters come off as entirely despicable. Keep it going, fellas!

Dont encourge them. Let's get back to the painfully wack ensembles sans long, boring pseudo-intellectual diatribes,please.