good hip hop

Eso is the white Bostonian Jay-Z. With half the flavor. He really improved his flow as of late though. But still, I cant really take his voice. That double LP he put out in like 2k5 was nice. The flute samples were a bit much, but it was a solid album.

I never really got into SP. New roots album, eh. I don't know what to expect. Have you guys seen the album cover for rising down. I just feel like the roots have done it already. I mean the theme. Feels like they've been playing on that same theme for a while now.

NdMOg4cXe1Y

Rising-Down-with-spine.jpg

Im as free as a motherfuckin bird I swear...

ha, I knew precisely how he'd spit that line before hearing it.. nevertheless the track is pretty good.

this is just nice as hell. Mos and SP deliver.

And this was just when i was losing faith in this thread. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Mike when i say: If I saw another name like "torae", "Skyzoo", or "big shug" in this bitch, I was about to body myself.

I'm not sure I get you.. Styles has to be one of the most discussed artists in this thread? last time I mentioned skyzoo was way back when his tape came out. I dont know who big shug is and I've posted one Torae track ever.

I'm not sure I get you.. Styles has to be one of the most discussed artists in this thread? last time I mentioned skyzoo was way back when his tape came out. I dont know who big shug is and I've posted one Torae track ever.

That's why I said I meant no offense to you. And I mean that.

Me and independent rap music post '00, '02 have had our differences, and much of the discussion in this thread for the past few weeks has been centered around that.

I still appreciate the discussion, my disillusioned feelings towards new rap music are my own, so no need to worry about that shit.

Carry on.

I had that first Pete & perquisite album, couple of ok tracks but a bit boring imo.

That's why I said I meant no offense to you. And I mean that.

acknowledged. considering your mentioned beef with new stuff, have you listened to Stimuli? curious to hear what you think about The Wire, for example.

I still havent listened to this mixtapes you linked. I'll definitely do that tonight and let you know what I think. RAISED BY WOLVES opinion is wack. Hella-wack.

The 9th/Buck album is going to be amazing if its even half as good as the last. Sounds like 9th stepped his production game up too. Its about time, those 5 basic drum patters he has were starting to get annoying (yet definitely still listenable).

PEANUT BUTTA BOOM BOOM BOOM.

I'm not hating on the Roots here, but (and this is a but that's been bothering me for a while) isn't the hype like this before every single album they have dropped since Things Fall Apart? There's mad buzz on the low, and inititally the album is perceived as genius, but then after two months everybody has moved on. It's like the only time you hear anything from these guys is in anticipation of a new album.

Impressed with that Roots track too.

Anyone else spinning the new La the Darkman mixtape?

LA TRAPACANDI?!!??! Wow I haven't heard shit from him for the longest...although I did like the Kilos freestyle he had. He broke that shit down very nicely...after Ghost and Rae did it of course.

Any notable guests on the mixtape?

I recommend you guys check out that new LMNO album. Its completely produced by Kev Brown. Surprising hookup with an amazing outcome.

LMNO brings his classic Cali/Visionaries style and Kev gives him some nice warm throw back beats. Its nice a summer album. It would be nice to hear Kev do some music with AWOL1.

LA TRAPACANDI?!!??! Wow I haven't heard shit from him for the longest...although I did like the Kilos freestyle he had. He broke that shit down very nicely...after Ghost and Rae did it of course.

Any notable guests on the mixtape?

Here's the cover and tracklisting. Some features that I wouldn't have expected.

lad-cover.jpg

Just got done listening to it...

Theres so many throw away tracks. For a mixtape this had some wack beat selection. I was definitely feelin the last couple fo tracks though, Rap Kevin Garnett and Crack in the Lac, Lake Michigan. Good shit. The Drought is Over 5 just dropped...gonna bump that next.