good hip hop

werd, should i get it? i have passed on all recent kool g. but i still knock 4,5,6 and anythign with polo affiliated. i got salty when he did that record with the scarface ripoff cover art.

Nah, it's okay but nothing more. Preemo track is rather good tho.

I have been checking Pacific Division lately and like a few things I have heard.

Same here "Women Problems" makes me smirk, video is alright too. I think that a lot of people will say it sounds old because of the chipmunk soul sample but it's all good. Off their mixtape they have some good flows over classic beats (93 til, bonita applebum, definition). Their content needs some work but they have some dope delivery and punchlines.

"cry now" off the clipse tape went on repeat for awhile... everybody is nice on this one....but malices verse is nuts.

the rest of the cd is pretty good but i get bored alot listening to all 4 of them spit on everysong...it seems too long and drawn out

yep main problem with the record imo, i cant really eff with sandman / liva too much

the intro is really the best joint imo.

Same here "Women Problems" makes me smirk, video is alright too. I think that a lot of people will say it sounds old because of the chipmunk soul sample but it's all good. Off their mixtape they have some good flows over classic beats (93 til, bonita applebum, definition). Their content needs some work but they have some dope delivery and punchlines.
I'm getting the mixtape right now. I have a soft spot for those old school soul samples in newer hip-hop :P

I forgot about that track. dope beat. reminded me of
as well.

Primo is ill and 99% on point...of course...but his ear for sub-par, grimey BK motherfuckers...might just have that missing 1% covered. Jeezus...so many beats wasted on lackluster BK cats. MOP and (young until after "Hard To Earn") Guru excluded...

Don't get me wrong...Group Home's album (there's only one in my mind) is fucking incredible in terms of mood and production...but them...esp. Nutcracker...= trash. Nutcracker was beyond triple-quarter-pounder-trash.

But when Primo does things for the Lox, or whenever they choose to rhyme over a classic Primo beat, I grin like a giant for weeks.

Whenever he gives Jay-Z, Nas, or cats like Sauce Money and/or AZ a beat...it makes my month.

He did something for Roscoe P Coldchain and Ab Liva (most probably haven't heard it...I'll post if I find it)...def. is one of my favorite Primo beats ever.

I've never actually seen these NYG'z cats...but the 2nd dude sure looks like Ashy Larry.

yea to be honest on tracks like that, its all about the beat and vibe. I dont care much for the artists but I'll definately fuck with both tracks. the NYG'z album was really boring.

the first guy in the video looks like a gnarlier Primo.

Guest brennan xxx
which pip skid? hip hop weiners was my shit. havnt heard anythign since.

didn't notice this till now.

funny farm mainly, little bit of friends4ever. i prefer funny farm over it tho

Guest brennan xxx
funny farm? you mean farm fresh? thats his old crew with mcenroe right?

in other news:

http://www.jamphat.com/rap/

these hip hop charts and graphs are getting out of control.

yeah farm fresh was the band formed in 91 here in canada with mcenroe and hunnicut.

funny farm was pip's album

( my faves ) http://www.peanutsandcorn.com/releases/pc028.html

Hai guiz:

peterocknysfinestbwa7.jpg

No description or review needed. You know its fire. All im going to say is this:

Pete Rock - The Best Secret ft. The Lords of the Underground

can we talk about that y society album again? i finally tracked it down for real and its way better on my speakers than it was on my laptop. insight is wicked. i liked him since i seen him with edan but i was never too huge into him when he was doing his own beats. damu really takes him to the next level and the vibe of the record really goes with everything else tres has been putting out. this is like a solid follow up to the mood the giant panda record set. now im gonna go back and get that lifestyle marketing lp thes one did. who else still likes the y society album?

can we talk about that y society album again? ...who else still likes the y society album?

im liking travel at your own pace. i picked it up last week or the week before and i've listened to it a few times. its a good record but i think it could have been better if it was mixed properly. never off (on & on) and what's next? are good songs.

saw the cool kids this past friday......aside from a few sound hiccups, it was a pretty good show.

this weekend....aesop rock and kid koala on the hip hop tip, plus a shitload more.

the cool kids are way better live than they are on cd. they're kinda boring when i listen to it at home. please let me know how kid koala is live when you see him.

^^^^ I just saw Kid Koala a couple of weeks ago, he was pretty good, much better than when I saw him a few years ago.

The best part of the show though was he was opening for Cut Chemist and Shadow on 8 turntables. Yes, it was awesome and did not disappoint. If you get the chance to see the Hard Sell do it.