good hip hop

OH SHIT

i just mentioned the new pill joint in the remix threak

a lot of it is whateva but they do like a coke dealer version of single ladies that is instantly my new favorite shit

i got a chopper with an infrared beam on it

its fishscale i'ma put some gambin on it

BLOW OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH

lol

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/mixtape/id.717/title.dj-burn-one-pill-4180-the-prescription

right around 40:00

Method Man and Redman ft. Bun B-â€City Lightsâ€

http://passionweiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/02-city-lights.mp3

Have you checked out Common Market? I JUST (as in yesterday) now got into them. I'm disappointed in myself for sleeping on them when I actually lived in Seattle.

Common Market > Blue Scholars. Guy is one fiery dude live.

2482637934_8d3d2903cd.jpg

cher was the don of that shit, though. love after love is my jam.

dammit Nesk...I thought I could have some respect for your taste in music. You just fucked it up with that one.

And fuck all of that...true, maybe, Cher (AND HER PRODUCER(s)) can be credited for bringing back the vocoder... but everyone should already know that Roger Troutman was the king master of that shit. C'mon...the Dr. Octagon album had continuous references to that shit.

that sounds pretty awesome but i aint fuckin with du.

i listened to some of it over again and it's better than i thought

where are you at with killer mike? i see him as sort of the jim jones of the south - can deliver a hit, but not going to knock you out with his creativity or anything

dammit Nesk...I thought I could have some respect for your taste in music. You just fucked it up with that one.

And fuck all of that...true, maybe, Cher (AND HER PRODUCER(s)) can be credited for bringing back the vocoder... but everyone should already know that Roger Troutman was the king master of that shit. C'mon...the Dr. Octagon album had continuous references to that shit.

a vocoder, auto tune and a talk box are three different things.

roger troutman had nothing to do with cher and her producer using auto tune. cher's producer realized that pushing the settings on auto tune creates a really weird effect on her voice. daft punk's "one more time" also uses this effect, way before t pain.

about t pain, i think his singing goes two ways: he's either a great singer or a terrible one. i've never seen him perform live so this is just what i'm getting from songs he's recorded. he could be a great singer because for auto tune to work you have to be flat or sharp all the time. that means t pain has really good control over his voice. this is probably wrong and t pain just sucks.

you can thank stevie wonder for influencing roger troutman to pick up the talk box.

VX5v-S_jGD4

a vocoder could be heard in mstrkrft's "work on you"

this guy explains it well.

-hqvvNcvenU

i listened to some of it over again and it's better than i thought

where are you at with killer mike? i see him as sort of the jim jones of the south - can deliver a hit, but not going to knock you out with his creativity or anything

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Listen to I Pledge Allegiance To The Grind. Killer Mike is top 10 dead or alive.

At the very least he put out the best album of 2008.

G2qOw6td2Hg

dunno, tbh all i really listened to is aye-o like fifty times in a row, which is one of the top 10 banger jumpoffs of all time

real basic flow, some funny shit, but nothing that original

maybe it's just cuz the track is pretty straight up 1-2 stuff

edit: i don't mind getting pwned up in the tread cuz im here for edumacation; anyway, part of the problem is i was bored by a lot of the beats on the mixtape, so i didn't bother with the album

dunno, tbh all i really listened to is aye-o like fifty times in a row, which is one of the top 10 banger jumpoffs of all time

real basic flow, some funny shit, but nothing that original

maybe it's just cuz the track is pretty straight up 1-2 stuff

edit: i don't mind getting pwned up in the tread cuz im here for edumacation; anyway, part of the problem is i was bored by a lot of the beats on the mixtape, so i didn't bother with the album

I hope I'm not giving the impression that I'm trying to discredit your opinion. I just like Killer Mike. A lot.

hes got this playful, lazy flow and he likes to rap about cartoons and bad tv shows. i love it. but it makes me fall asleep after 20 minutes. and he makes superhero beats with weird time changes. cool. but i hae 9 records of this, gimme something new this year.

I'm prob late as usual

like this cam track

DWQWTZVWVZs

You know...I've known about this track for a minute, but always forgot to check it out... and I TAKE BACK (almost) what I said about "where's that guy from SDE?"...that is one of cam's best written efforts in a LONG time. I would even think it was a leftover song (minus the beat) from the Confessions/SDE-era if I didn't know any better. I'm pretty fuckin' surprised he did something like this as '09 Cam. Makes me want to scope through that Public Enemy mixtape he had just to see if there are any more recent-years conceptual joints to be heard.

...after hearing the hook again... that is STRAIGHT from the "Losing Weight" side of his brain...sounds just like something the stocky Cam would write.

That's it, I'm learning this song word for word tonight... WEEKEND, OVER (5)!

fam I knew/was saying that. I've been a fan since way before Confessions......but he obviously showed that side of him on that album...as well as the masterpiece that is SDE.

I was saying that Cam nowadays holds rank alongside Young Jeezy as far as "listening application" is concerned. He's a much better lyricist, by far...still, but the level of integrity/creativity (somewhat hate to use those words for this)...or rather, the depth of the music...has declined immensely. In other words, 99.9% of Cam's shit in the past 4-5 years has been mostly only good for loud background music to be played while in the whip, cleaning house, working out, cooking (food or crack..that's your choice), smoking, etc. Not really worth the closer look so to speak. I wouldn't enjoy Killa Season in my headphones as much as I would (even) Come Home With Me...but it sounds decent as hell over a loud system.

I actually think Jeezy has Cam beat in production quality...he's got a solid in-house, whereas Cam has been on shaky ground since the Heatmakerz burnt out on re-recycling their own hyper-compressed/crunchy drums and sped up soul vocals formula. I feel as though he should return to them since they've been off the map for a minute now...and evidently, he has (see "Cookin' Up"...also a good Heatmakerz beat). I say this because I've LOATHED the majority of production post-Diplomatic Immunity 2 since most of those no-name kids they were rockin' over were straight Fruity Loops cornballs who figured OD'ing on the mega operatic beat formula was the move. Tthey over-bit the sound that established producers like Just Blaze, Ty Fyffe, Charlemagne, Self, even the Heatmakerz (whom Ty Fyffe basically taught and put on) and Skitzo ("Get 'Em Girls", "Family Ties") created...yet did not bring anything else but a degradation in actual quality of production (technique and sound)...and eventually worked as a team with the Dips to achieve self-parody.

Damn...I didn't mean to say all of that...

bay, i feel you. i cant speak on all of dip since cams t6he only dude im really checkin, and still not that hard. i kind of like how predictable dude got the past few albums/mixtapes though. he had this endearing quasi-dopeness where he had some quotables, alot of of obtuse thug-posturing, and some pretty reprehensible beats. sure it was a boring disc, but it was MY boring disc from a guy who ive come to expect boring discs from.

my boy adam would pick me up and be all excited to show me how medicore the new cam tape was. wed drive around in his ride bumpin the shit, neck snapping like "this is sooooooooooooooo almost dope".