Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hey Fattybfat, remember you got a pair of Stows (or was it Maltons?) in Acorn Antique? Any evolution on those? Might be all the motivation i need to get a pair!

ya...only worn them like once a week...maybe will wear them more in winter...those are stow

and i can post some pics later on...just give them a shine..:)

not to steal anyone's thunder, but here's an evolution pic of tricker's stow, in 1001 burnished (very similar to acorn antique)

new

trickersstowI.jpg

trickersstowIII.jpg

nearly 4 months - note obligatory indigo ring around ankle

trickersstow4monthI.jpg

trickersstow4monthII.jpg

SUHH-weeeet

almost bought these but I'm waiting for the Alden version.....

beauts!

here is an update for my redwing 2143, just give it a little shine with meltonian ...wear them regularly almost at least 4 times a week...i think is about 2 years or 3 years...

DSCN6477.jpg

DSCN6479.jpg

Those look great!

It's funny that I wear the younger brother of those shoes.

garvey-car.jpg

Dat is rocking a nice pair of boots. They aged well. I didn't really catch the indigo ankle ring, though.

-JF

I'm making a trip up to Northampton next Friday. I'm going to Trickers, Crockett & Jones and Churches. Just spoke to C&J and they said to call tomorrow morning and they will tell me what they have in my size. Hopefully I'll manage to pick up something nice. I'll post pictures when I get back.

A shop in Paris... I don't believe they have an online presence.

thanks man, ive heard the name before but never researched it. so you can get custom boots through them? what exactly do they do?

still think its funny we were both in alden on monday. hows your new purchase?

Been flipping throught this thread for the past few days. Fucking great looking shoes on here. Few highlights include: Grenson Ilkely, Greg's C&J's, the large amount of cordovan Alden's just to name a few. Looking at synthi's C&J Skye has convinced me to at least try on pair. Thanks everyone for the wonderful posts.

thanks man, ive heard the name before but never researched it. so you can get custom boots through them? what exactly do they do?

still think its funny we were both in alden on monday. hows your new purchase?

My understanding is that they're a shop that specializes in "anatomically correct" clothing and footwear. They offer Alden shoes made on the modified last, which is only available through Alden retailers in Japan or in special orthopedic stores. I have also heard that they will not allow normal Alden retailers to sell or to order shoes on that last.

Yep, I'm still finding it amusing too that we ran into each other at Alden. The 4060s are working out great. Very comfortable. Sadly the AF60s I was wearing that day are pinching my left foot at the first metatarsal phalangeal joint (the joint connecting the big toe to foot). I'm trying to figure out a good way to stretch the shoe out there. The right shoe fits perfectly though.

i've been following this thread for months now, educating myself on the brands shown, shoe care, and planning my first leather retail purchase. for some reason i've been unable to post on sufu until a few days ago. (i could only pm people. thanks Beatle!)

today was my first trip to a redwing shoe store, so i think today's a good day to make my introduction. i can finally share my shoe find with people who just might be as excited about it as me.

i got these for $5 at a thrift store.

1879659742_9452b438be.jpg

after following this thread for so long, i was hoping that these would turn out to be cordovan. i took them to a local cobbler and got confirmation.

1879661156_ee1caaca7a.jpg

1879660542_6d59796af0.jpg

the guy also said the didn't need to be resoled, but i really wanna get a second opinion on that.

2057902139_33db212527.jpg

a little closer. is this what a worn out sole looks like? i've no idea

2057902225_3c1c117726.jpg

there's no brand or anything on them, just a shoe size . it says 10.5C, but they fit my 9.5D's just fine) if these are the real deal, i figure i've just saved hundreds of dollars...i'd gladly spend the money to get needed repairs. so can somebody provide advice on this shoe find? resole? shoe dressing?

laslty, i have some banana republic boots that i've polished and had for over a year now. I know that BR is nowhere near the caliber of Aldens, but this thread has helped me develop an appreciation for taking care of leather. I've no before&after shots, but i've really fallen in love with them since darkening them with kiwi polish. The thought never would've occured to me to use that color if not for this thread.

1879746423_f234286e2f.jpg

I also tried on the Gentleman Travelers today. I didn't even know that boots could feel that comfy. I'm really looking forward to making my first quality boot purchase.

what happened to my pics? i get hyperlinks instead?

Seem like you didn't use the proper tags. See here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/misc.php?do=bbcode

after following this thread for so long, i was hoping that these would turn out to be cordovan. i took them to a local cobbler and got confirmation.

Hard to say for sure from the pictures, but they don't look like shell cordovan to me based on the creasing. Cordovan colored, certainly. Cordovan does not get fine wrinkles. Here's an example of creasing on shell cordovan:

img9888pt3.jpg