Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I'd like to have a pair of Nettleton Oxfords. Anyone know more about them and/or where to find any oldstock? These look amazing. The break in on shell cordovan is amazing.

I wish these were in my size.

ebay basically. or thrift stores.

I'd like to have a pair of Nettleton Oxfords. Anyone know more about them and/or where to find any oldstock? These look amazing. The break in on shell cordovan is amazing.

I wish these were in my size.

ba2c_1.JPG

baca_1.JPG

bc1b_1.JPG

id like to know too... i just threw a pair of those away. found mine thrifting, beat to hell. i think there are some pics real early in the thread.... lemme find em.

horseasskz3.jpg

my 3$ netteltons.

about a 1" split on the heel, from the top down, and just off the seam... and the fact that the lining of the shoe was falling apart...

its alright... i have a pair of cordovans still... the day after i threw those out i found a pair of allen edmonds at the thrift store for 6$

best boots for wearing in are redwings,but trickers shoes look nice when worn in too.for trainers,i reckon whie chucks are the answer,or white vans authentics or chukkas.my chukkas are fucked now,but they look better with every wear...

id like to know too... i just threw a pair of those away. found mine thrifting, beat to hell. i think there are some pics real early in the thread.... lemme find em.

my 3$ netteltons.

Nettleton is a defunct quality american brand, one of the hundreds who didn't make it or fell off hard. Same as brands like ET Wright, Hanover, Walk Over, Florsheim, French Shriner, etc. Some of these names still exist today but in a horrible mutated cheaped out form. Nettletons don't exist today in any form, only vintage, so go ye to thine thrift store.

As far as throwing those out, everyone has their limits. I've left $5.99 shell cordovan Allen Edmonds at the thrift because they were absolutely nasty condition.

Well, as far as I know, they're only custom order, made to your foot, so they should fit just right. However, I do recall that someone in this thread ordered a pair and they fit snug.

somewhat true. if you don't fit a stock size then they will measure for a custom fit. I ordered some with the vibram sole and took a stock 8.5 size, so for me they run large, because I usually take a 9 in everything.

To Clarify the White's sizing issue:

White's does make every boot to order, hand lasted and welted. They make all of their boots in stock sizes which are sold through dealerships and from the factory. They also have the option to have a pair made to measue based on measurements and tracings made by the customer at home, and faxed/mailed in.

My rep at White's feels that the made-to-measure is only necessary if you have an odd shaped foot, that require a non-traditional last shape (i.e. bunions, club foot etc...), OR if you have never had the opprotunity to try on their boots to establish your size. Otherwise, if you can try on some boots to be confident of your size, and if you are happy with the fit of the stock last, you should order those. Being that they are an all-leather boot, they will break in and form to your foot for a custom fit regardless of an y minor nuance in customization of the last.

My rep at White's feels that the made-to-measure is only necessary if you have an odd shaped foot, that require a non-traditional last shape (i.e. bunions, club foot etc...), OR if you have never had the opprotunity to try on their boots to establish your size. Otherwise, if you can try on some boots to be confident of your size, and if you are happy with the fit of the stock last, you should order those. Being that they are an all-leather boot, they will break in and form to your foot for a custom fit regardless of an y minor nuance in customization of the last.

bill, do you think it's worth it for me to get a made-to-measure pair since i have a pretty wide feet and tiny ankles? or does that matter at all?

i've never had a chance to try on white's semi-dress, which is what i'm interested in. but for example, my alden indys are giving me a problem around the ankles -- i can't tie them snug.

bill, do you think it's worth it for me to get a made-to-measure pair since i have a pretty wide feet and tiny ankles? or does that matter at all?

i've never had a chance to try on white's semi-dress, which is what i'm interested in. but for example, my alden indys are giving me a problem around the ankles -- i can't tie them snug.

Yes, absolutely! You are the perfect example of when the custom sizing would be ideal! What width do you typically wear? My initial feeling is that we could get you into a stock last in a wide width and then measure your ankles at the 5'' mark up your leg to see how wide you would like you boots at the ankle

i believe my feet are right around E width, but the 8.5D 405s ankles are too loose on me.

cool, this could be a perfect excuse for me to get a made-to-order pair of semi-dress.

thanks bill!

I have a similar problem, but not quite as extreme, so I'm considering the semi-dress as well. I have very few boots that I can tie tight enough around my ankles that are wide enough at the toes. (Actually, the 8.5D 405s are the only ones I can do this with.) So it seems the solution is to either do this or to go full bespoke, which is just so pricey.

Best site ever..if you're looking for worn in - old leather boots..White's and Red Wing..

The guy is easy to deal with - highly recommended..

http://www.wyoboot.com

What exactly is this site? Used Gay Clothing and boots? (not that there's anything wrong with that?)

And If I'm not gay, can I still wear the boots?

What exactly is this site? Used Gay Clothing and boots? (not that there's anything wrong with that?)

And If I'm not gay, can I still wear the boots?

Yeah - only boots for gay people...and seeing you user name - these won't be any good for you

Here's a longstanding boot question I've had. Look at the picture below--what's the part of the boot that comes down onto the toe from the tounge, that flips up in these pictures, and has the jagged, frilled edge to it? From this picture it looks like something that would come off easily, but I'm not sure if that's true or if it's actually an attached boot detail.

24850ds8.jpg