Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Chicken - They are very nice indeed. tried to rep but couldn't.

I decided I must wait until I get to NYC before buying these so I can try them on.... that means waiting until february though. If I don't manage to get them then, for some reason I'll be devestated.

wesco, lone wolf, real mccoy (buco repros), carolina, red wing japan. those are the only nice ones I have ever seen. I have the Wesco and I love them. They are heavy but are balanced well so they don't feel heavy after a long day or wearing/walking in them. Only problem is they are made to order and take about 4 months. Also check out the gokey/orvis for a non-traditional engineer with a mocc toe.

Thanks for this man, very helpful of you. (+ repped)

Chicken, those look sweet.

Fre$co, know any good places to look at boots in London?

Oh and does anyone have any experience with Frye boots, they seem pretty decent?

Chicken - They are very nice indeed. tried to rep but couldn't.

I decided I must wait until I get to NYC before buying these so I can try them on.... that means waiting until february though. If I don't manage to get them then, for some reason I'll be devestated.

thanks fresco. i recommend you to call the alden shop (212-687-3023) ahead of time and make sure they have your sizes before you come here. they tend to stock bare bones and are often out of many sizes.

Thanks for this man, very helpful of you. (+ repped)

Chicken, those look sweet.

Fre$co, know any good places to look at boots in London?

Oh and does anyone have any experience with Frye boots, they seem pretty decent?

thanks. miz owns a pair of frye engineer boots and recommend them.

there's another store i think is called tru-form shoes up around 64th and lex that carries aldens (as well as allen edmonds and para boots), but they don't carry the 405s and will get pissed at you if you call them indys.

i don't know where else you can get them around here myself.

A bit of a different kind of boot than what usually shows up here, but y'all might like them anyways. As I mentioned yesterday, my MTO pair of Edward Green Shannon boots (with no perforations on toe cap) in dark oak on the 888 last just showed up. I requested these with eyelets all the way up the boot. If I had to choose again, I'd go with the speed hooks instead. These are a bit hard to get on and I have to relace the top 2-3 eyelets to get in and out of the boot:

img9462sizedfr4.jpg

img9463sizedjz6.jpg

Edmond: nice boots!, since you are in ASEAN teritory, do you have any problem wearing those boots in the hot and high humid climate?

oh nope i wear my rw 1910's everywhere here.. work.. office.. mall.. and stuffs.. no problem.. why? where you from?