Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hearing that Greg I just went back to pg.83 especially to check em out again *drools*

699_semi_dress.jpg

The more I see these the more I like em. Thanks for that link to Drwws Boots too, just had a browse and some of the models look similar to the above which given what you say isn't a big surprise. Look forward to the pics in 4 weeks :D

We need more burgundy shoe pics!

The only shoes I have in burgundy are my old USA made Weejuns,

100_2712.jpg

and my AE tassels.

100_2711.jpg

Not very super-futery but I do love them and they age well. The #8 Indy's will be my next pair of burgundy shoes but there are a bunch of them around here it seems.

Among Panerai collectors there's the "Yogi shot," the photo of the watch on someone's wrist as they hold the steering wheel of their car. Showing off the watch and the car.

IMG_2653.jpg

We need the "Leica Lad shot," the shot of the shoe resting somewhere on one's mode of transport.

Original Leica Lad chopper shot:

LookingSharp-a.jpg

Familyman's Leica Lad shot:

100_2712.jpg

If anyone wears an 11 B ( as in super narrow ) search ebay for Chippewa working packers boots ..

90351.jpg

I really liked them - til I realized the width .. I am a D borderline E ..

i love new york, but i miss hanging out and driving around in small rural west coast towns, believe it or not.

time slows down. diner food tastes better. the sunset is prettier. don't know what it is. i'm itching to take a road trip, but my wife's not into the whole rural america thing. :(

i LOVE in-and-out. did i tell you i ate a 4x4 with fries followed by a 2x2 in one 20 minute sitting?

i really like the burger joints you find on I-5 or I-90 in the middle of nowhere. even those taste better than any burger on the east coast, in my opinion. i got some suggestions from swisloc i have to try before i make that my final answer.

There used to be this great place on Highway 101 called Santa Claus Lane. Christmas decor throughout the year. And the largest diameter burgers I've ever seen, served in a basket-weave plastic basket in wax paper with fries. I agree, the middle-of-nowhere places are great. Shades of Route 66, back in the day - when people really used to wear the stuff we buy repros of!

looks like one of the weird italian boots with all the straps you would find at otto tootsi plohound and if that is the maritime hotel i see in the background it makes sense that it would be.

Loving whatever these are (via The Sartorialist):

http://bp1.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/RgkIrecdFeI/AAAAAAAAAr4/_6esqlMC59w/s1600-h/9thAve.jpg

(image won't show up for some reason)

A sweet slip-on. Sturdy. Understated. Good for walking NYC streets. I need it.

http://www.fryeboots.com/subpages/catalog-detail.asp?sn=85300&col=DBN&fcp=catalog.asp?cat=SEASONAL@sty=@gen=2@goToPage=1

Driving along the 5 in San Diego at sundown, top down, listening to Mark Eitzel and American Music Club's "Highway Five" on the disc player. Sublime.

got these on my recent trip to Bari, Italy...hopefully they'll age gracefully

shoe002.jpg

I really like these. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price?