Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Don't suppose you have a 9 in those do you Tom?

No, sorry!

No boots is the unfortunate bit, Tom! Plain captoe boot in whiskey is probably my dream pair of Aldens.

I'd want any boot in whiskey.

A question for Tom or anyone else: In shell cordovan, seems to be that #8 color is readily available, but not whiskey and cigar, or ravello, as Tom pointed out. Is this because #8 just doesn't move (I have shell chukkas in #8 which I love), or is there another reason, something to do with production, perhaps?
My understanding is that Cordovan leather takes dye very unevenly and can cause colors to look blotchy... Accordingly, the darkest colors, being #8 and black are the easiest to acheive passable results on the average shell. It takes nearly flawless shells to dye them lighter colors, like Whiskey or Ravello, and with the current shortage of skins...yadda...yadda...yadda

Exactly.

Believe me, #8 does move. I'm backordered like crazy in #8 chukkas and plain toes.

I'm hoping you guys can advise...

These shoes were well on the way to 'looking better with age' when I spilt some vinegrette on them earlier today. Tried cleaning it off with a little bit of hand soap but it seems to have left a stain. Is there anything you can suggest to get rid?

2v9exxs.jpg

Here's a pic of the unstained shoe

245zqd1.jpg

so sad man, well i do have some options for you, but i do not know it works or not, hopefully it will

first, buy some saddle soap or lexol leather cleaner rather than hand soap and try to clean it off. Clean it in cirrcular motion would help better. This would be the best way i recommended

OR

second, try to cover it up with the shoe cream and buff it off and see it help or not if you havent try it this way

or

redye it

first,

Ive always been a big fan of the Lone Wolf Carpenter boots but haven't made it around to purchasing them. I have a pair of black Indy's in my future so these will have to wait a little while longer.

img55464157.jpg

What I really like is the toe guard that comes with these. I would take it off the right foot but leave it on the left because it will protect the toe from the shifter on my motorcycle. I haven't worn any of my boots on my Harley because I don't want to rub away the toe box prematurely.

Harley + Boot pics are required.

Mr Black: what you have there is just an oil mark, this will fade with time. You could try a leather cleaner and shoe cream and keep waxing them and it will eventually even out. Or if you dont mind darkening the shoes, try some boot oil or other treatment. I got black engine oil on my indies a few weeks ago and it has all but disappeared now.

i have a q. greg... how o you keep your shoes? do you keep em in the box ? or just lay around the house in a shoe rack .. which would be better for them? thanks cause after i use my boots/shoes i clean them up and put them up in the box with some silica gel

so lemme know whats best thanks!

Fuck'n' OCD. You are a disgrace for the heritage of this range of products.

I love the Lone Wolfs too, but what's the biggest size, 9? 9.5?

The largest they produce is 9.5...

man, those stows have such nice light color and they're aging nicely.

i feel like i've been slowly being pursuaded into getting a pair myself...

I know how you feel Chicken. I've wanted to pull the trigger on a pair of these but

I'm gonna wait and try a pair of the Patina black wing tip boots.

man, whatever happened to leica man? I loved his shots from the helicopter..

i was just thinking about that today...LeicaLad, Family Man, and skalogre always had lots of knowledge (and cool boots). At least we still have Chicken and Greg though.