Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^I wouldn't.....

I don't really get the question though....I assume the 10.5E is your correct size?

If theres one thing I learned in boots, it's always buy your right size (if you happen to know it already). Your feet will thank you for it especially if you intend wearing the boots for years to come.

not highly recommended, but i have known people to switch between half-sizes and half-widths and still be quite comfortable. for example, someone who'd usually wear 8E could feel okay wearing 8.5D. but i've never heard of anyone going a full size and 1.5 width wider, so to speak. sounds pretty uncomfortable.

Thanks for the feedback fresco and chicken.

Yes I have 10E on my 8179s (just saw the box its not 8130 though they look identical). The reason I am thinking of going sz 11 is that although the 10s are ok and not too tight in the toe box area, length and interior generally, there's some discomfort around the ankle area after a few hours wear and thats making me think it could be the fit. Or it could just be the leather that just really needs time to soften. Plus 11 is my normal size in nikes, chucks, vans etc, so....

anyway whats the difference between the 8179 and 8130s? You guys in the US get the 8130 right?

what color belt goes good with #8 cordovan. Need some recommendations. I'm thinking of just staining my brown red wings belt with cordovan polish.

I actually wear Alden's #8 shell cordovan belt. :) Of course, you may not like the pricing on it, but it is a very good belt.

im not a hater when it comes to non trainer footwear but those have to be some of the worst peices of footwear i have ever seen.

they look like fell walking boots

denim does look nice though.

Agreed. Those boots look horrible, especially when worn with jeans that accentuate how chunky they are. Just my take on it.

hey guys watch your mouth! i have a white's smoke j's made exactly like that but with cats paw coming in a couple of weeks! well see

Just got back on the forum after problems connecting for a few weeks.

Are we gonna get together in NYC for the new Indy movie on/about May 22nd?

Chicken, sorry to hear about that shoe repair guy. His fuck-you photo itself would warn me away! Back to Eddie's eh?

Here in NYC, I stay with Alex for smal jobs and B. Nelson for complex jobs. I'd like to investigate what Minas can do, but it's way downtown and he closes early.

Started wearing the Villiers last week - i had totally forgotten about them!

av.villiers.side.gif

As I've gotten a couple of questions about these I figured I might as well make a post about them.

Keep in mind that these are still samples.

They are done by Al, the same guy who does the Self Edge brand shirts.

edit: and indeed handmade in the USA

After putting in a high quality insole these fitted like a dream, and were super comfortable to walk in from day one, no breaking in whatsoever.

2438946070_b6ab10fc51_o.jpg

2438123309_93814c0fb2.jpg

2438124127_fa321637a8.jpg

2438946772_6bbb64bca6.jpg

2438945704_33a65dd3b7.jpg

2438947344_9bf16b19d4.jpg

2438125451_31fcc09e6f.jpg

2438123605_5498a3c025.jpg

2438947948_68f3183624.jpg

This is the one I have, but with nickel buckle:

http://www.aldenshop.com/Accessories.asp?Action=ShowOne&CategoryID=13

Apparently it's $235, which sounds about right.

They make a slightly wider one as well:

http://www.aldenshop.com/Accessories.asp?Action=ShowOne&CategoryID=11

ouch.... but very nice..

ebay is the way to go for these belts.

I bought a coach cordovan #8 belt in great condition for less then $60 shipped.

nice to see you posting ghettro....hope alls well

As I've gotten a couple of questions about these I figured I might as well make a post about them.

Keep in mind that these are still samples.

They are done by Al, the same guy who does the Self Edge brand shirts.

These look fantastic! and made in the USA if i'm not mistaken?

I think someone already asked, but whats going to be the retail on these?

and

will they come in black?

i want.

The aim is to keep these as affordable as possible.

And while I see where you're coming from the Repeater, I think it's a really nice touch. You have the look of a laced boot but the ease of a zippered one.

It's actually quite clever as you can get into them as easy as regular boots but can still have the laces adjusted to fit as snug or as loose as you wish.

It's not just "either/or"...

Here's a close up of them worn where the zipper is hardly noticable and you basicly have the look of a laced shoe.

2467800111_734536167b.jpg

im sure those will be around 800 bucks..

Nope, i'm working to keep the price at about $350 on these...

Just got back on the forum after problems connecting for a few weeks.

Started wearing the Villiers last week - i had totally forgotten about them!

av.villiers.side.gif

Welcome back Greg. Villers look great! I didn't know you had these... I tried them on the other day and was almost swayed away from the skyes.

Calden, I'll get more pics tomorrow if I can, and some fit pics.