Heaviest in Japan: Canton 23oz Jeans.

Chicken

About 22 years ago, the president of Jiipan Center Sakai, Kazutaka Sakai, invited a hesitant weaver to a dinner. In the beginning, the weaver refused because he was afraid his machines couldn't handle such a heavy denim. However, Sakai made him drunk enough that night and got the weaver to agree to create a 23oz denim. They were able to start selling these jeans almost 4 years later.

The silhouette is a slightly tapered straight cut. Since there is no other jeans exactly like it, there are many repeat buyers. There are stories like, "When I was riding a motorbike and fell, I didn't get hurt because of it."

Fans claim it doesn't feel too heavy and it's surprisingly soft, plus it's warm.

Priced at ¥48,000. Jiipan Center Sakai. Tel 047-334-6225.

canton23_med.jpg

Those would be good to wear to space.

Speaking of space and speaking of japan although this is not really related to japan, but rather china, I got a fortune cookie the other night that said, "Maybe in the future you will visit moon." That shit made my night.

Guest Airjamie

Maybe when I'm in a retirement home ill get a pair. I cant decide whether the thought of shitting in $500 jeans is travesty or the most awesome thing in the world. You could say that in the buddhist ascetic tradition it is the path to nirvana. Either way those are mad pearl jam-ish.