small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

I want to buy a military surplus MA-1, and am worried that the sleeves will be enormously billowy in the bicep area... Guessing that the sleeves are down filled or filled with some type of insulation, could a tailor take that in or is it not possible due to the stuffing.

Will + anyone who can answer accurately.

why dont you buy a buzz rickson or something

youve been posting a lot about "shitty purchases im about to make"

i know you are broke or whatever but its better to have one cool shit that 10 really shitty things

you are gonna be like itsmedeka

Where can one buy LL Bean boots in Los Angeles (the 8 inch ones that look somewhat like rainboots) ?

why dont you just order from llbean.com

their no questions asked return policy is great

if you lose weight or whatever and need to get an item in a different size, theyll replace it for you

absolutley fucking free of charge

So a few days ago I ordered some Buzz Rickson sweats through Vari jeans shop on Rakuten. I made my payment, talked to the translator they provide and everything went fine until I found out that I sized them wrong (Turns out I need a medium instead of a large). So I try and contact the guy tbefore the pending payment falls through esterday morning and I'm yet to get a reply. Do I

a) Willingly suck up the exorbant shipping rate to Japan and back in exchange for a medium size. Does Vari even have an exchange policy for international buyers?

B) I tried calling paypal to cancel the payment, they told me it was out of their court but that I could file a dispute and get my money back. I don't really want to do this as the mistake was on my part, I just didn't hear back from anyone in a timely manner.

Anyone ever been in a similiar situation?

(Possibly) a stupid question: are sales on regular goods (not high fashion items) cheaper after Christmas? Wanna kop this North Face jacket I've been eyeing up for a while but I'm wondering if it would be more economical once the "holiday" season is done. Thanks!

Any recommendations for good quality wool socks to order online?

Never messed with them wool socks before, appreciate suggestions.

Also, about those Uniqlo heattech shirts, do they fit like AA or tighter/larger? Thinking about ordering Mediums or perhaps large to account for the shrinkage (5'10, 145lbs-150lbs)

so i received a A.P.C. shirt as a present, size small from A.P.C. fits me as if i were made to model for them, but this shirt is way to big (tagged small) my first thought was it was miss tagged but i went to nordstrom where it was purchased, (super lame nordstrom now carries A.P.C.) and it was smaller then the medium, and large, ect.

so two questions from this,

1. does A.P.C. have like american sized fat people clothes that differ from their european sizes?

2. the shirt fits decent in length, just boxy, what are good techniques to shrink clothes? i usually hand wash hang dry everything so i haven't even dealt with shrinking issues in years.

here is the shirt, but i have the blue/yellow/cream version, just if anyone was curious, haapcfall5.jpg

the shirt doesn't appear to fit him boxy,

Similarly, a sizing question here. I am definitely EUR 45 or UK 11 (translates to Converse 11), but I've read that it's recommended to size down on Common Projects, so today at Dover St. Market I tried EUR 44, which lengthwise is great, but widthwise a bit tight. I have quite wide feet anyway.

Shop assistant insists that it will stretch. I plan to get a pair online, but I don't know how EUR 45 will fit. Should I get EUR 44 (UK 10) or EUR 45 (UK 11)?

tl;dr : Size down one or true to size on CP, if size down one feels tight on the sides.

I'm a 42/9 in Common Projects, a 42/9 in Miu Miu (same sole as MMM), and a 10 in Sperry. What size should I get in Martin Margiela sneakers? 42/9?

While I'm at it, I'm also curious for what size I should get in Ann Demeulemeester sneakers as well.

i'd say 42 would be a squeeze in mmm sneaks. 43/10 to be safe, son.

recommend me a tank top that fits loose like this aa one:

but one that i can buy in bulk fo cheap like my hanes white T's:cool:

milspec army surplus

bunch of cheap 50/50 blend black tanks at my local surplus store... like 2 or 5 bux