small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

i just put my april 77 domino wool peacoat in the washer because i want it to shrink a massive amount. was this a dumb idea? should i put it in the dryer or will the shape be gone?

That might not have been the best idea if the label says "Dry Clean Only". Is the piece 100% wool or a blend? Either way that damage, if any, is already done. I wouldn't put the piece in the dryer. Roll it between towels to get the surface moisture off, and then lay it flat, reshaping it and allow it to air dry on a rack so that it retains its shape.

What to wear at a wedding on a beach?

Summer here btw.

Depends on your style, but linen suits seem to be popular for beach weddings.

how to sperry boat shoes fit? i'm a US10 in vans / US9.5 in chucks.

If you plan on swearing socks stick to the same size as you are in Vans. If you plan on no socks, half size down.

I am a 9.5 in Vans, I opted for a 9 in Sperry boat shoes and they fit great without socks. Comfortable shoes I can slip into. I hear they stretch a bit as well, so if you want to be safe size down half but it may take some time for them to get comfortable.

I've beat up about four pairs of Sperry boat shoes in the last 2 years, they're a staple item to me so I get use to the initial discomfort :P

sup,

So just got some Ironheart 634s' and top block is great, legs are kinda baggy. Thinking about gettin em tapered.

Anyone have any experience with getting denim tapered in the knee/lower leg area?

Got any tips on anything I should ask for at the tailor or make sure they do?

thanx

sup,

So just got some Ironheart 634s' and top block is great, legs are kinda baggy. Thinking about gettin em tapered.

Anyone have any experience with getting denim tapered in the knee/lower leg area?

Got any tips on anything I should ask for at the tailor or make sure they do?

thanx

i tapered my 1634s ~ 1" from the opening, initially it was fine but after washing them there was a bunch of loose threads. i would just say size down if you could because mine stretched out 2 sizes.

I want to buy a military surplus MA-1, and am worried that the sleeves will be enormously billowy in the bicep area... Guessing that the sleeves are down filled or filled with some type of insulation, could a tailor take that in or is it not possible due to the stuffing.

Will + anyone who can answer accurately.