greentea

Lets Talk Sandals.

oh really? i thought they were all leather. i was considering getting some,but good thing you mentioned it. yeha i prefer it just leather lining, i reall love my tevas they feel nice,the foot bedding is so comfortable. =)

nope...no leather whatsoever..maybe some micro-suede footbed. check out the photos. notice how their edges (lack of correct terminology) are all stiff polyester, which are basically the areas that contact ur skin the most...thus the scratching...quite a disappointment from all the recommendations it recieved..

photos:

http://www.chapterworld.com/gallery/060519_christo/index.html#

nope...no leather whatsoever..maybe some micro-suede footbed. check out the photos. notice how their edges (lack of correct terminology) are all stiff polyester, which are basically the areas that contact ur skin the most...thus the scratching...quite a disappointment from all the recommendations it recieved..

photos:

http://www.chapterworld.com/gallery/060519_christo/index.html#

I have a pair of those and they dont scratch my feet. Maybe yours are too small?

yeah I'm against the concept of wearing open-toed shoes of any sort if you're a man...I dunno i just can't get over that hurdle, call me insecure but it looks feminine, i love lookin at girl's feet but men gotta cover that shit up. The closest thing I've seen to an acceptable, "butch" sandal is a pair of Costume National's my dad bought a couple years ago, he got a good 2 or so years worth of wear out of them but they're pretty busted now.

Seconded, if you're too hot just wear slip-ons.

I have a pair of those and they dont scratch my feet. Maybe yours are too small?

maybe mine are tad too lose...i have fxcking malnutrition feet ...but they fit well lengthwise...so instead of fitting snuggly..whenever i walk it moves and scratches...

guess it's better to try one on with the rite fitting before purchasing...

probably need to break those in,how long have you had them?

Selvedge Jedi - I dont own christos but I`ve seen them done with shorts and socks and actually looks good too imo.

speaking of christos, i saw a group of japanese tourists at the mall one had brown christos on with some jeans cuffed. christos lookin bad ass. need to get one.

GET RAINBOWS, most comfortable shit ever

I agree that slip-ons are the only acceptable form of sandals for men. I have a pair of black/white adidas slides with the smooth footbed that look ok. they cover up a sufficient amount of my toes

GET RAINBOWS, most comfortable shit ever

co-sign. i normally hate sandals but i needed some when on vacation and after i bought them they pretty much didn't leave my feet the rest of the trip.

medium makes a comfortable and sturdy sandal...

i also have a pair by enrico fantini that were perfects for nights out on key caulker off belize (and yes, a bar with a sand floor is justification for wearing sandals out)

Guest jmatsu

i feel alittle robbed, because this thread already exists.

anyway i for summer i think that sandals for men are great.

yohji yamamoto and ysl have come out with some really great designs.

after watching 300 i definitely want to cop raf simons' new ones as well.

birkenstocks (not in japan) while possessing a bad abundance of hippie like granola-head connotations, is comfortable and cheap.

rainbows for sure. still looking to pick up a pair of grey ones

I'm looking to get some birks for the summer. What size should i get i wear 9.5 in vans 9 in converse, 10 in nikes. Thanks.

Rainbows are definitely comfortable. Especially if you have flat feet, because the arches are built in and provide great support, unlike many sandals.

...one more try...

I'm looking to get some birks for the summer. What size should i get i wear 9.5 in vans 9 in converse, 10 in nikes. Thanks.

sea

I tried on some Birks in the regular last myself last week, and had a hard time deciding which size were right.

Either 45/12 (im a 12 in vans) or 46/13. The 12s felt cool, but the toes where at the "edge" of the sole... Would perhaps be uncomfy after a while.

*yuck* for the most part i havent seen anyone post any decent sandals i could stomach seeing a guy in

when i chill by my pool or go to the beach (which is gonna be soon, its up to 80 here today) ive been wearing jcrew flip-flops for the last couple of years.

im gonna look into those vans ones...good looken out guys.

i remember in high school i used to think flip flops were stupid and i would never wear them.

Then i went to college and lived in a dorm, and flip-flops are of course a dorm living essential (because who want to put on shoes just to walk down the hall to go the bathroom, but at the same time youd be insane to walk on those dirty-ass floors barefoot)

Now i love being able to just slip on flip-flops when the weather gets nice.