do you have the Vice magazine in your area?

Johnny Cupcakes

I was recently in tokyo, where you see Vice mag in stores where it belongs.

And also (as part of the Vice world domination launch) the mag is availabe throughout cool stores in Scandinavia and the magazine still rocks in london, UK.

The distributors are all independent shops, niche stores with a special expertise (and of course you find skateshops among these) keeping the identity of the mag true...

The situation might be a whole different story in the US, but that is usually how it works...

knowledge, knowledge

When the world zigs, zag!

Quote: Run your ad in Vice, becaus eyou know what? Regardless about how much people will bemoan and complain "Vice sucks now, It's played out" They all still pick it up and read it because it's FREE.

Exactly, thats why the ad rates are so high. Its guaranteed pick up rate.

Vice pretty much sucks now, but its probably still a good place to advertise.

Quote: I'm not going to debate the merit of the magazine or if it's a good or a bad magazine. But I want to say that Vice is no different now than it was 5 years ago. It's the same magazine, it just has wider distribution.

Really? I personally have noticed changes since they moved from canada to brooklyn. But whatever, I still check it out each month.

like what? I've only known the Magazine for 5 or so years, about the time they left canada I think and started distributing in nyc. How was it different when they were based in Toronto? I hear people always say how it's changed and sucks, but mostly they're all referring to the last couple of years and not back when they were in Canada. And in that time, it's been the exact same magazine every issue.

Edited by My Pal the Crook on Feb 7, 2005 at 09:04 AM