jeans on deck?

poly800rock

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Fullcount 1108

2. Bears x Eternals "Tiger" (tags still on)

3. SD103xx (still waiting for them)

Really itching to start the Tiger's but keeping the tags on keeps me from the temptation.

That's a nice, solid and simple collection. Would love to see how those three pairs compare, in terms of subtle differences in fit, comfort and fading.

Well the fullcounts are high rise and i'm still getting use to that. I definately prefer the cut of the 103s to them. I'll post pics of the 103xx when I get them.

But you're right, it's a nice variation in denim (fullcount's zimbabawe cotton), eternals famous dark vertical wear, and veggie 103s in my favorite cut. There's a method to my denim addiction. That's why I had to sell the 811s also.

1. Fullcount 1108

2. Bears x Eternals "Tiger" (tags still on)

3. SD103xx (still waiting for them)

Really itching to start the Tiger's but keeping the tags on keeps me from the temptation.

oh youre getting another 103? this is the natural indigo one right?

Guest Fade to Black

I just bought a pair of one-wash indigo 45 RPM sorahikos, so these are pretty much gonna be my everyday staple jean from now until whenever....i thought about getting the jomons, but I didn't feel like blowing the extra 30K yen on something that would really have to be a long term project, and the bespokes after seeing in person seem way too expensive for what they are, so I spent the extra cash on some gear at Yohji Yamamoto instead.

I might wear the blue-black distressed sorahikos or Dior orange overdyes for a day or two when I get tired of these one-wash jeans, but I'm planning to stick to this program for quite a while. I've pretty much given up on my Dior 21cm Japanese raws, the cut is nice but they've been resistant to fading and now they look kind of weird with two whiskers on the right crotch-thigh area, also they don't have as much of the sheen as they did in the original state so I'm kind of weary of wearing those.

• 2 weeks later...

1920s Levis 201s (x2)

Red Ears

Yen Jeans orange label

old Evisu - god knows what they're called but I bought them at Duffer in 1997 or 98 and they were the first ones with the huge seagull down the back of the legs, and mechanics pockets on the front of the legs. Pink selvedge if that helps.

in rotation:

Cane 47's

APC Rescue

Nudie RR Greycast

PRPS Classic 5-Pocket

Levis Capital E matchstick

i can't just stop wearing any of them because i like them all so much. I've just kind of put them into a rotation, with a focus on the Nudies, Levis, and APC since it's summer.

In rotation:

Just started the Eternals last week after getting the legs taken in by the tailor (now about an 18cm at the hem)

What size are yours? Can you post what they look like now, esp. with you wearing them?

right now my jean collection consists of:

- Studio D'artisan SD-103

- Eternal x Bears Tiger jeans

- Dior Homme 19cm raw indigo

- Dior Homme 21cm raw indigo

- Imperial Duke

Got rid of a few pair, my taste changed and my waist size got smaller (stopped eating breakfast and changed to oatmeal.

I really don't have any on deck anymore, I am just wearing them all in rotation. I kind of like keeping them dark anyway. Our dress code changed at work and we can wear jeans all week now instead of just Fridays. (Somebody up there likes me). So now,

canes 47

S501xx 44 LVC

501xx 47 LVC

RRL boot slim selvage ( I am really diggin these right now)

This is it and enough is enough I think.

Oh, I broke down and got some Nudies RRDS...still on the fence about this but I had to see what all the fuss was about. Got them second hand and cheap anyway.

I don't really care if they all stay dark forever, If I rotate them they don't get nasty and I don't see having to wash them ever because I work inside ,and if I go outside and wear jeans I use my old shits that I dont care about. I sold off all my vintage Levis and pocketed the profits. I think I am getting alittle too old for the trashed denim look anyway.

Still waiting for them to get here. I kind of hated on them for a while but I guess curiosity got the best of me. I started looking back over some old threads and I realized, damn they look pretty good. The bright orange is the only thing that concerns me but I guess I will get used to it, we will see.

on rotation:

Samurai S0110XJ,

Sugarcane SC40500N

Studio D'artisan SD-D01

A.P.C. OD Black NS

Evisu Lot.2001 No.3 OD Black with gold embroid gulls

on deck, not worn yet:

45rpm Sorahiko Indigo OW

Samurai S0500XX

Sugarcane SC40400N

Evisu Lot.2000 No.2

LVC Japan 1937-501

kinda funny, I actually like my jeans uncomfortable. tried the S0500XX when they arrived and they sure give me a high ..... what the fuck?

the blacks are for Firdays. Personal favourite so far is the Samurai S0110XJ though ....

Nothing to get a denim-head's heart racing, but...

Hugo Boss Orange Label bootcut that I've pretty well killed. These are my cowboy jeans, they have a nearly identical cut and colouring to the Gucci S/S'04 ones for about 1/4 the price.

Calvin Klein dark dark indigo - my "business casual". I removed all the tags so they're unbranded, which makes me feel like less of an ass. I rock them with a crease too :)

G-Star faded black bootcuts - I don't really wear these ever, the fit just doesn't flatter me. I hope to sell them.

Tsubi "George" jeans - from a few years back when Tsubi was just starting to blow up. They're wide-leg with graffiti down the front and look pretty fucking mad. That said, I'm a bit bored of them and will probably flip them too...

A custom pair of trouser-cut DKNY jeans in raw denim, which have been painted and graffitied by a girl at the shop where I got them. These need to be taken in a bit, but are totally MAD.

A steel grey-blue pair of tapered Lee jeans. Inexpensive and ultra-light for summer.

I think that's all for the moment. Next I'm getting a pair of either Nudie SSKs or very maybe Dior 19cms, but I think I like the Nudie denim colour and feel better.