Hello. Newb needs help =]

thequickness

Hello, this is the first time I have visited this thread. My friend who frequents Niketalk bought me a pair of Levi 501 STF's today. Im a size 32x30 and he bought me a 33x32.

He tells me that if I wear them for 2-3 months that it will have creases in the knees and in the crotch region. I saw pictures, and was amazed at the turnout. soo I have a few questions to ask you guys.

and yes I did use the search button

What is starching? How would I go about doing this?

I want to form the creases in the knee and crotch look, but these are a bit baggy on me (i'll take a picture if you guys need a visual on how baggy these are), so I need to shrink. Shrinking them in warm water for 30 min? or shrink in cold water for 4 hours?

(mind you im not a fan of extreme nut hugging pants, but don't want them to be too baggy as to make the creases show up)

so after a couple searching posts would this be a good plan to do. (i havn't worn these yet, as I just got it today)

Soak my jeans in my tub in the hottest water that can come out for about 30 minutes. Take them out, and put them on and walk around with until they are dry? (assuming this is what you do to achieve the "shrink to fit". After that I just wear them everyday, with weekly starching?

Thanks for the help guys.!

your starching questions are answered here

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=10753&highlight=starch (fifth result searching for "starch")

and everything you'll ever need to know about 501 stf

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12464&highlight=stf (second result searching "stf")

damn tangerine beat me

Hey thanks for the starching help.

so I plan on shrinking it for 30-40 min in warm water in my tub in order to shrink them.

oh, and btw. after I take them out of the tub, do I hang dry, or wear them until they are dry?

and what is sanding? I know that its a real cheap way of making you have a design on the back pocket. would that mean I put an item in the back pocket, and literally use a sandpaper and sand the whole area in which the item resides in?

After that is settled, i plan on wearing them everyday, and starching the knees and crotch areas weekly in order to achieve a nice "honey comb" and "whisker" look =]

thanks for the help and clearing stuff up for me. Oh and feel free to correct my mistakes.

Here is a good plan of attack for your STF - as long as they are NEW unwashed .

1. Turn them inside out and soak them in barely lukewarm water 2-3 hours ( clean tub )

~ 30 minutes isnt gonna do it - they dont shrink MORE with more time really - just more completely and uniformly imho .

2. Drain tub and rinse them in COLD water for 10-20 minutes ...

3. Turn them right side out and hang them by the cuffs about 2 hours , then hang them by waist 1 hour .

4. Take them off while still very damp and put them on and wear them how you would daily - at the right place on your waist you like and the buttons lined up with your belly button .

5. Do squats repetively and sit with your legs pulled towards you - like on the floor in front of the couch and watch a movie or two ... or 3 ... Probably should have a trash bag under your arse so as to not stain the floor with blue dye while theyre drying .

~ some people say sit cross legged - indian style , BUT one leg is always compressed tighter than the other when sitting like that - uneven thicker/thinner honeycombs ..

6. Wear them 2 weeks or so and do one 10 minute session of squats a day and sitting like stated above . Move around while legs are pulled tight like move your legs open and closed outwards like your a chick cock teasing ...

Do as much activity as you can during that first 2 weeks .. ride a bike .. exercise in them ... dig a garden ... etc .. etc ..

7 . Take a few days off after that 2 weeks and let them air dry out .. and every 2 weeks or 2 days

8 . Buy a thingie of Faultless or Niagra heavy starch and ONLY STARCH the areas your see that have definitive lines like your upper leg area , behind knee honeycombs and bottom of leg cuffs .. SOAK those areas and WEAR THEM SITTING with legs pulled tight to chest like and legs wide open after that for a movie or two ..

9 . wear them a few weeks without starching again - then only lightly mist them on those same areas once or twice more every 2 weeks or so ..

AND STOP STARCHING THEM AFTER ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF AFTER THE 1ST APP of SOAKING THEM .. or your jeans willl break because theyre overly brittle

every 3 weeks or so lightly spray water only on those areas your starched to loosen the starch up some and let the indigo move .. Sit in supertalk position watching tv until the water dries ..

Follow this formula to the letter and your jeans will be beautiful at that 1st 6 month wash if you do lots in them ...

Whats your name on NT chief ?

AND STOP STARCHING THEM AFTER ABOUT A MONTH AND A HALF AFTER THE 1ST APP of SOAKING THEM .. or your jeans willl break because theyre overly brittle

hahaha ive never heard of someone's jeans breaking at the creases cause they were overly brittle. what kind of starch are they using! hahaha. the key to good wear:

1.activity

2.patience

if you are more active, you can wash more frequently (but not more than once a month) and if you have more patience, you can be less active i.e. jeans won't be as smelly.

or you can just be a sav and just be active as fuck and no-wash for 6 months. just remember to turn inside out and hang on a pants hanger every night to try and get some of the smell out.

-later days.

6. Wear them 2 weeks or so and do one 10 minute session of squats a day and sitting like stated above . Move around while legs are pulled tight like move your legs open and closed outwards like your a chick cock teasing ...

I would skip this one... other than that, I pretty much agree with the rest, particularly this one:

Do as much activity as you can during that first 2 weeks .. ride a bike .. exercise in them ... dig a garden ... etc .. etc ..