strongest starch spray known to man?

greentea

I use niagara too and it works well. If you want them ridiculously stiff, spray them once (soak em) sit and let them dry for a little, once they're almost dry spray them a second time. I just found out last weekend that if you ride once of those water drop rides and your jeans get soaked all the starch you've sprayed on for however long gets reactivated bonds and dries hard as shit.

you need to use the Niagra "Heavy" starch as teh regular really doesn't do anything. Make sure you get the kind in a dark blue bottle.

Also, don't go too nuts. If you sweat in your jeans, the starch disolves again and you smell like laundry.

ok i know this is retarted but why don't you try to do this thin down the white glue with water ( i'm talking about a whole bucket of it) and and dip you jeans in them and hang dry.....you will have your jeans as stiff as possible......but than again, only do this at your own discretion

you need to use the Niagra "Heavy" starch as teh regular really doesn't do anything. Make sure you get the kind in a dark blue bottle.

Also, don't go too nuts. If you sweat in your jeans, the starch disolves again and you smell like laundry.

cool ill look for that.

If you want you're jeans as stiff as possible with elmer's glue, then don't forget to bake it after the dip/dry, I'm not kidding. A bunch of university kids won a popsicle-stick bridge-building contest by baking their creation and removing any trace of moisture in the glue. It wasn't even an intricate bridge, just a bunch of simple trusses. So def give it a try. Although this might cause you're jeans to become so rigid, that in a massive attempt to sit down, some of your friends might jump on your back, and cause your jeans to explode.

When this happens, please post pics.

honestly if you use a mixture of boiled water with equal or (god forbid) more parts sugar in a spray bottle and coat the ntire pair of jeans, after they dry, your jeans will become ROCK solid. Asin they will crack when they bend. Basically unwearable. I DO NOT recommend this, but you did ask for the strongest starch spray known to man, and the only thing i can think of that will make your jeans any harder is perahps cement. Im not kidding.

On the other hand, as hawk was saying, if you mix something like 80% water to 20% sugar, boil, and put it into a spray bottle you can get great results. And they will NOT attract insects, or get sticky when they become wet. Ive tested this, it works.

all i know is that ive been using sugar and water as starch for over a month now on a few different pairs of jeans, and i havent had any problems with them when theyve gotten a little wet. Initially when you put it on, its really sticky and gross but after it dries its totally fine. basically, its a cheap, easy and effective way to get some stiffness into your jeans.

no, but the whole glue art project thing, i didn't want greetea to think i was been sarcastic....but after compare it to the sugar starch.....i'm ok

but seriously, if any one came up on the best receipe on suagr starch, share with us

I used someone's recipe here for corn starch but substituted sugar it worked decent .

1/2 cup sugar poured into cold water 2 cups - stirred til clear ( will be semi-syrupy )

Then pour that into 2 quarts ( 8 cups ) of boiling water - stir a few minutes remove and let cool to lukewarm and pour into sprayer ..